PDA

View Full Version : Football back in L.A.?

T-Long
06-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Each offseason, you can always pretty much guarantee a few things.

Jerry Jones signing a big name free agent.

Brett Favre flirting with a comeback.

First round picks dragging their feet in signing a contract until the pick before him signs.

And, relocation rumors for an NFL team to move Los Angeles.

Full story... (http://www.thefanhub.com/1409/elsewhere/nfl/football-back-to-la--it%E2%80%99s-about-time.html)

Extremebillsfan247
06-17-2011, 10:02 AM
From what I have read on that situation. It's literally going to take years to get a team back into the LA market. Just a projected date on the building of the stadium itself is some time in 2016. Then your going to have a problem dealing with the other 2 big sports franchises in the area in the Dodgers, and Lakers. It will cut into their piece of the financial pie lobbying for fan support. LA teams are not alien to the NFL, it's had 2 other teams in that market in the past. Both teams have since fled from the area. It's a tough market to keep an NFL team viable especially if it struggles to win. LA definitely is not like Dallas, NY, or Chicago. AEG definitely has its work cut out. It wont be an easy feat by any means. JMO

BertSquirtgum
06-17-2011, 10:49 AM
i'm so sick of this football in LA ****. who the **** cares about what happens in california. i sure as **** don't.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-17-2011, 11:50 AM
One major problem with a team in LA is the fact the two prior teams had games that didn't sell out. That means a blackout in the 2nd biggest market in the country. Ticket sales don't drive the league, television money does. If a team does go to LA, you might see the NFL redo their policy on blackouts.

feldspar
06-18-2011, 09:41 AM
One major problem with a team in LA is the fact the two prior teams had games that didn't sell out. That means a blackout in the 2nd biggest market in the country. Ticket sales don't drive the league, television money does. If a team does go to LA, you might see the NFL redo their policy on blackouts.

I really doubt that. Then you'd have even less people going to the games, probably. They don't want that.

acehole
06-18-2011, 09:58 AM
OK so if it happens...whats the name of the team?

What would be popular in la?

I will start...

The LA Flames.

Anyone?

Full story... (http://www.thefanhub.com/1409/elsewhere/nfl/football-back-to-la--it%E2%80%99s-about-time.html)

Extremebillsfan247
06-18-2011, 12:58 PM
OK so if it happens...whats the name of the team?

What would be popular in la?

I will start...

The LA Flames.

Anyone?
The LA Notgunnahappen lol

better days
06-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Yesterday on NFL Network, they addressed this issue. The Raiders were brought up & it was mentioned that the Raiders moved from LA because they could not get a new Stadium built in LA. They moved back to Oakland with the promise they would get a new stadium there, which still after all these years has not been built. In todays economic climate, I think it is a pipe dream to think the State of California will build a one billion or more dollar stadium with taxpayer money.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-19-2011, 06:36 AM
I really doubt that. Then you'd have even less people going to the games, probably. They don't want that.

Did you not read what I wrote?