PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Drury to be bought out by Rangers

Mski
06-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Forked from: Drury to be bought out by Rangers (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3472895)

Bring his ass back and drop Nieds :2cents:

WGR reported this morning that Drury's contract cannot be bought out because of his pre existing degenerative knee injury, the only way they could get cap relief is to keep him on the team until camp starts in sep, then when he fails his physical, they could get longterm injury relief, if they go over the salary cap by his salary this summer

OpIv37
06-17-2011, 01:25 PM
well, that would explain why he's gone downhill since he left the Sabres.

35 years old + degenerative knee condition= no thanks.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the guy when he was a Sabre. But if he's done, he's done. We already have Grier- like someone said in the other thread, we don't need to become a retirement home for ex-Sabres at the end of their careers.

Ingtar33
06-20-2011, 12:42 PM
i'd bring him back in a heartbeat.

we're not missing him on the ice. we're missing him in the locker room. he was the last guy we had on this team who could keep this team focused 60 minutes, 82 games a season

Philagape
06-20-2011, 01:10 PM
i'd bring him back in a heartbeat.

we're not missing him on the ice. we're missing him in the locker room. he was the last guy we had on this team who could keep this team focused 60 minutes, 82 games a season

Bring him back as a coach then, because the guy can't play.

trapezeus
06-20-2011, 04:20 PM
drury never struck me as a leader who was the voice that everyone listened to in the locker room.

He struck me as the leader who said nothing, went out and played well and expected everyone to meet his work. that was his leadership style and it worked for him adn the team.

So i'm not sure what an injured drury is going to give you. if he was a vocal leader, then yeah, there is some value. if he's the quiet general, then he's not really going to help your youth because they'll see that with minimal effort they are still light years ahead of him.

SkateZilla
06-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Him and Timmy both.... off the ice,...

THATHURMANATOR
06-20-2011, 04:29 PM
drury never struck me as a leader who was the voice that everyone listened to in the locker room.

He struck me as the leader who said nothing, went out and played well and expected everyone to meet his work. that was his leadership style and it worked for him adn the team.

So i'm not sure what an injured drury is going to give you. if he was a vocal leader, then yeah, there is some value. if he's the quiet general, then he's not really going to help your youth because they'll see that with minimal effort they are still light years ahead of him.
I thought he was vocal in the locker room? Maybe remember wrong.

For the right price this is a no brainer. I bet most 35 year olds have bad knees.

trapezeus
06-20-2011, 04:31 PM
i'm sure he spoke, but i don't think he was like an eloquent guy that just connected with players.

i think he was a great player that worked incredibly hard. the young guys saw him in the gym, at practice early, off the ice late, and rewarded with big goals in pressure situations. They inturn followed what he did.

That was my take...i could be wrong since i was never in the locker room.

OpIv37
06-20-2011, 09:12 PM
I thought he was vocal in the locker room? Maybe remember wrong.

For the right price this is a no brainer. I bet most 35 year olds have bad knees.

there's a big difference between "bad knees" and "degenerative knee condition."

TMu11
06-21-2011, 06:03 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and change my vote to Nay

Dozerdog
06-25-2011, 01:15 PM
In hindsight, the Sabres let go Campbell and Drury at just the right time. Briere on the other hand would have been a bargain at $5 million for 5 years