• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft can GO TO HELL

It's disconcerting to hear that there's growing sentiment for putting not just one team in LA, but two. Patriots owner Robert Kraft has said there should be two NFL teams in L.A., the nation's second-largest city. Kraft is on the league's broadcast committee. Surely, the league wouldn't mind having two teams in that large a market.

There are two competing proposals to bring the NFL back to Los Angeles, some 16 years after the Rams and Raiders fled town.

The leading contender is Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), which wants to build a 72,000-seat stadium on part of the city's convention center campus. AEG has asked the City Council to approve $350 million in municipal bonds to get the project moving by July 31. That would keep the project on schedule to open for the 2016 season.

Philip Anschutz, owner of AEG, is tight with Kraft and Jerry Jones.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft can GO TO HELL

Greedy bastards.

Comment

• paranoid
      • Sep 2009

So, a city that has failed twice before to support one team should now have two?

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

If that douchey hack Sullivan is going to write drivel like this at least he could present the data to support his claims:

"When Wilson is gone, all bets are off. If he dies, the Bills would be at or near the top of any list for possible relocation. Wilson has no known succession plan. He plans to have the team auctioned to the highest bidder. It's hard to imagine the top bid coming from someone who intends to keep the Bills in this market."

If true, the team is a real target for relocation. If not true, there is no story here. Rumors have flown for years that a new ownership group is already forming involving Jim Kelly and even that a succession plan is being worked out or already worked out. But see we have the balls to use the word "rumor". Jerry simply throws crap out like this as fact and as a basis for a whole argument with no data to support it. The onus is on you, Mr. doom and gloom, to provide data showing Ralph Wilson plans to have his team auctioned off to the highest bidder. Hell, I'd be good if he simply used the catch phrase "sources tell me". Instead he uses the anal extraction method for obtaining a key foundation for his entire article. You're the one being paid, it's your job as a responsible journalist. This is irresponsibility at it's finest.
        Last edited by X-Era; 06-19-2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by X-Era
          If that douchey hack Sullivan is going to write drivel like this at least he could present the data to support his claims:

"When Wilson is gone, all bets are off. If he dies, the Bills would be at or near the top of any list for possible relocation. Wilson has no known succession plan. He plans to have the team auctioned to the highest bidder. It's hard to imagine the top bid coming from someone who intends to keep the Bills in this market."

If true, the team is a real target for relocation. If not true, there is no story here. Rumors have flown for years that a new ownership group is already forming involving Jim Kelly and even that a succession plan is being worked out or already worked out. But see we have the balls to use the word "rumor". Jerry simply throws crap out like this as fact and as a basis for a whole argument with no data to support it. The onus is on you, Mr. doom and gloom, to provide data showing Ralph Wilson plans to have his team auctioned off to the highest bidder. Hell, I'd be good if he simply used the catch phrase "sources tell me". Instead he uses the anal extraction method for obtaining a key foundation for his entire article. You're the one being paid, it's your job as a responsible journalist. This is irresponsibility at it's finest.

Ralph Wilsons' own mouth stated he has no succession plan and has no intent on selling the franchise while he is alive. Therefore what Sullivan wrote is not drivel and is based upon Ralph Wilsons' own statements.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
            Ralph Wilsons' own mouth stated he has no succession plan and has no intent on selling the franchise while he is alive. Therefore what Sullivan wrote is not drivel and is based upon Ralph Wilsons' own statements.
            He has stated he does not plan to sell the team while he is alive... the rest is assumption. Do you have proof to say otherwise? Without it this is drivel.

Comment

• jcdavey
              • Dec 2006

i'm a chargers fan and i'm all for a move because san diego as a city, hasn't properly supported them, i'm not talking about the fans, they have great fans, but that city, it's gone through some real corruption and clearly the city government favors the padres

so anyway, i'm all for the chargers moving, but not to LA, LA loses teams

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by X-Era
                He has stated he does not plan to sell the team while he is alive... the rest is assumption. Do you have proof to say otherwise? Without it this is drivel.
                Exactly. There is no quote from Wilson stating the team will be "auctioned off to the highest bidder."

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jcdavey
                  i'm a chargers fan and i'm all for a move because san diego as a city, hasn't properly supported them, i'm not talking about the fans, they have great fans, but that city, it's gone through some real corruption and clearly the city government favors the padres

so anyway, i'm all for the chargers moving, but not to LA, LA loses teams
                  If you are a huge Chargers fan you'll drive to L.A. to see them anyway.

PTR
                  10 Commandments of the D
                  1. Never stop Rocking.
                  2. Legalize all drugs.
                  3. Quit your day job.
                  4. All Religion should be taxed.
                  5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                  6. F**k her gently.
                  7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                  8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                  9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                  10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot

PTR
                    6 hour drive, from experience its not a commute id want to do 8 times a year.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

This article says Jones is in the same camp as Ralph.

Some in the ownership group saw that as a positive in the big picture because it meant that the hardliners – generally believed to include the likes of Jerry Richardson (Carolina Panthers), Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys), Mike Brown (Cincinnati Bengals), Dan Snyder (Washington Redskins) and Ralph Wilson (Buffalo Bills) – would have to back off because their power play failed.

Now, perceived moderates such as John Mara (New York Giants), Clark Hunt (Kansas City Chiefs), Bob Kraft (New England Patriots) and Dean Spanos (San Diego Chargers) have become the lead negotiators for the owners. Richardson has also been part of the process and some believe he has mellowed somewhat the past two months, particularly after his embarrassing treatment of players such as Peyton Manning(notes) became public. Likewise, Kraft was once seen as a hardliner early in the process, but has become much more of a peacemaker since late last season, repeatedly saying that a deal could be made, particularly if the lawyers were left out of the process.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat
                        http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/co...icle459671.ece

It's disconcerting to hear that there's growing sentiment for putting not just one team in LA, but two. Patriots owner Robert Kraft has said there should be two NFL teams in L.A., the nation's second-largest city. Kraft is on the league's broadcast committee. Surely, the league wouldn't mind having two teams in that large a market.

There are two competing proposals to bring the NFL back to Los Angeles, some 16 years after the Rams and Raiders fled town.

The leading contender is Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), which wants to build a 72,000-seat stadium on part of the city's convention center campus. AEG has asked the City Council to approve $350 million in municipal bonds to get the project moving by July 31. That would keep the project on schedule to open for the 2016 season.

Philip Anschutz, owner of AEG, is tight with Kraft and Jerry Jones.
                        "There is no question in my mind that IF a Stadium gets built,....." That is the key sentence to that article. Sure the NFL would love to be in LA, but they do not have a Stadium & I doubt they will in my lifetime.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                          Isn't there a train or something? Is it 6 hours to go 120 miles every day of the week 24/7?

PTR
                          10 Commandments of the D
                          1. Never stop Rocking.
                          2. Legalize all drugs.
                          3. Quit your day job.
                          4. All Religion should be taxed.
                          5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                          6. F**k her gently.
                          7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                          8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                          9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                          10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• jcdavey
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot

PTR
                            not I, i live in quebec haha

if they wanna move to quebec i'm ALLLLLL for it

Comment

• jcdavey
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                              from living in sd from 1970 - 2001 i can tell you, driving from sd to LA takes under 2 hours

Comment

Working...
                              X