• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

McKelvin, Bills teammates reach out to youths

For the third straight year, Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin held a fundamental football camp for Kids Escaping Drugs and brought some of his friends with him. Bills receivers Paul Hubbard, Naaman Roosevelt, Marcus Easley and safety Jairus Byrd joined McKelvin and helped guide about 90 kids through basic drills on the practice fields at Lancaster High School.

McKelvin, a native of Waycross, Ga., reached out to KED after his rookie season in 2008 and has funded the event ever since. This year's participants all received T-shirts, TapouT mouth guards and lunch, all paid for by McKelvin.

"It's not that I feel sorry for them or anything like that," McKelvin said of the Renaissance students. "I look up to them; I really do. They are going through a hard time right now and the motivation that it takes to come in and recover from that and then go on to be successful in life. I feel like if I came out here and reached out to them then I could just show them that it's not over, they can still be somebody."
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: McKelvin, Bills teammates reach out to youths

Good for him....
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
    X