• Jul 2002

Poz doesn't miss very much

Paul Posluszny
    Sacks 3
    Tackles 104
    Assists 28
    Missed Tackles 4
    Attempts per miss 34.75
    The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

They ranked him as 7th best linebacker in this category.

On the flip side, they ranked Andra Davis as the worst:
    Sacks 0
    Tackles 17
    Assists 12
    Missed Tackles 4
    Attempts per miss 8.25
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Poz doesn't miss very much

The beauty of sabremetrics (or stats)...you can make them show you anything you want.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BidsJr
      • Sep 2002

This is a pretty useless sets of stats imho.

So what if guys rarely break his tackles?

I'm much more concerned about the guys that Poz never got to rather than how many broke free from him.
      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

If the rb is running towards the guy thats blocking POz and Poz tackles him after 10 yards, he gets credit for the stat.

What I want to see are the stats where POz tackles for loss. I'm almost sure those stats wont be anything great.

Thats where Dareus comes in. He may command double teams and with Kyle in there too, there may be not much blockers going for Poz which will allow him to go upfield.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          If the rb is running towards the guy thats blocking POz and Poz tackles him after 10 yards, he gets credit for the stat.

What I want to see are the stats where POz tackles for loss. I'm almost sure those stats wont be anything great.

Thats where Dareus comes in. He may command double teams and with Kyle in there too, there may be not much blockers going for Poz which will allow him to go upfield.
          ESPN credits him with 4 stuffs last season. Not sure what that exactly entails.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            ESPN credits him with 4 stuffs last season. Not sure what that exactly entails.
            I always thought Poz would be a Zach Thomas for us.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Although his numbers were up, Poz looked out of place in his 1st year under Edwards. He struggled in coverage and was manhandled in the run game. I'd expect to see a more comfortable Poz out there this year.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I think you're probably right about that, madness. In any case, I think the major knock on Poz is that he makes a lot of his tackles well upfield from the LOS. That's part of what allowed our opponents' running backs to have such gaudy yards per carry stats. Pos should be better in the 3-4 this season in part because of his own increased comfort level with the scheme and in part because of improved line play with the addition of Marcel Dareus and maturation of Troup and Carrington.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

Unlike most, I still want Poz on this team. His not going to be an allstar or you're best ILBer but he's a fantastic clean up guy. A guy like Sheppard will stick is nose in on the run but if that guy breaks out of it, Poz is there to clean up after it.

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
                    • Feb 2010

I wouldn't miss (him) very much if he got cut. We have enough high motor slow white guys on this team
                    "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                      Paul Posluszny
                      Sacks 3
                      Tackles 104
                      Assists 28
                      Missed Tackles 4
                      Attempts per miss 34.75
                      The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

They ranked him as 7th best linebacker in this category.

how many of those tackles were 5-6 yards down the field?
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• JCBills
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan

I actually posted this a while back, might have been before I was on here so it was BBMB maybe. The stat is AVG yds allowed per tackle. It was either 08 or 09 where his AYAPT was just over 3, and in the top 5 in the league. Can't find the article because I'm no longer an insider.

Yes DB, single statistics mean nothing, but when compiled and assigned values, they carry weight.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JCBills
                          I actually posted this a while back, might have been before I was on here so it was BBMB maybe. The stat is AVG yds allowed per tackle. It was either 08 or 09 where his AYAPT was just over 3, and in the top 5 in the league. Can't find the article because I'm no longer an insider.

Yes DB, single statistics mean nothing, but when compiled and assigned values, they carry weight.
                          Hey Mr. Metric Man, Football Outsiders says Poz had the third-worst "run stop rate" in the league:

They're finally catching on.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                            how many of those tackles were 5-6 yards down the field?
                            Yup, just like London Fletcher. Impressive stats.. but of the drag down variety, after a good gain.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JCBills

And how you assign that weight and interpret what your findings are is full of bias.

That's the issue with sabremetrics, most of these people are using very advanced statistical theories and then using their results as rules yet forgetting the one basic tenant of statistics. You can make it show you anything you want.

Stats are great for fantasy sports, but real life application is still something Ill argue about to the end.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X