PDA

View Full Version : NHL Awards

The King
06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Anyone watching?

hydro
06-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Nope, don't believe and Sabres are in the running. Hearing about it later tonight or tomorrow morning is good enough for me.

The King
06-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Vanek got the 2nd best goal of the year

BlackMetalNinja
06-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Damn, I didn't know they were tonight already... Though with Sabres not really in the running, I'd just as soon read the results after the fact.

SquishDaFish
06-23-2011, 04:36 AM
Thomas gets 2nd Vezina. Def best goalie this year hands down

BlackMetalNinja
06-23-2011, 06:20 AM
Thomas gets 2nd Vezina. Def best goalie this year hands downHe can keep it warm until Miller reclaims it next season.

The King
06-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Although technically it was Miller keeping it warm while Timmy got his hip fixed.

BlackMetalNinja
06-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Although technically it was Miller keeping it warm while Timmy got his hip fixed.
Yes, go ahead and keep thinking that a 37 year old is going to keep that level of play, especially when he never was worth a damn until his mid 30s in the first place.

THATHURMANATOR
06-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Yes, go ahead and keep thinking that a 37 year old is going to keep that level of play, especially when he never was worth a damn until his mid 30s in the first place.
Who cares though the guy won them the cup. Lets hope Miller has the balls to pull it off for us....

BlackMetalNinja
06-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Who cares though the guy won them the cup. Lets hope Miller has the balls to pull it off for us....
No argument on that at all. I just don't think Thomas can keep playing at that level.

The King
06-23-2011, 08:15 AM
Yes, go ahead and keep thinking that a 37 year old is going to keep that level of play, especially when he never was worth a damn until his mid 30s in the first place. And you keep telling me I'm wrong. His performance was actually better this year than in 08/09. He was the best goalie in the NHL this year hands down.

BlackMetalNinja
06-23-2011, 08:20 AM
And you keep telling me I'm wrong. His performance was actually better this year than in 08/09. He was the best goalie in the NHL this year hands down.
Yes, he was... And he's 37 with 2 exceptional years under his belt and a whole lot of poor/mediocre ones. Hell, you're own team had no faith in him to start this season.

The King
06-23-2011, 08:23 AM
It was questionable as to whether he could come back from his injury. I'm not the least bit worried about a drop off in performance in the immediate future. The guy straight up owned 6 of the best forwards in hockey... and the Bruins defense allows him to play his style and that takes a lot of pressure off him. In the words of Claude "he's the perfect goalie for our system".

trapezeus
06-23-2011, 08:30 AM
thomas at least is very humble about everything and is a likeable guy.

i'd like to see him sign a long term deal and having raask leave in the meantime. that would be great as tim won't be able to handle too many more seasons and the bruins go back to from whence they came.

i hope this is all angering miller.

Mski
06-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Yes, go ahead and keep thinking that a 37 year old is going to keep that level of play, especially when he never was worth a damn until his mid 30s in the first place.hmm athlete in their late 30's that starts having career best numbers.... i think we've seen this before... is he going to grow a cucumber on his forehead too?

The King
06-23-2011, 08:32 AM
thomas at least is very humble about everything and is a likeable guy.

i'd like to see him sign a long term deal and having raask leave in the meantime. that would be great as tim won't be able to handle too many more seasons and the bruins go back to from whence they came.

i hope this is all angering miller.

Thomas signed an extension after the 08/09 season. He has 3 years left at 5 million per season. Hopefully Tuukka learns a little bit from him... his temper tantrums have left him as a bit of a misfit in the locker room.