Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Flyers trade Mike Richards, Carter

Wow.

Richards to Kings for Schenn, Simmonds
    Carter to Blue Jackets for Voracek, 1st, 3rd

I know they needed cap room for Bryzgalov, but Richards?!? He's their leader. Something more to this?
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Flyers trade Mike Richards, Carter

Originally posted by Philagape
    Wow.

Richards to Kings for Schenn, Simmonds
    Carter to Blue Jackets for Voracek, 1st, 3rd

I know they needed cap room for Bryzgalov, but Richards?!? He's their leader. Something more to this?
    I don't think so. It's about money. There were rumors they had traded Versteeg, too, but those were wrong.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

I love it, b/c I hate the Flyers, and they just had a very bad day.
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22
        I love it, b/c I hate the Flyers, and they just had a very bad day.
        I'm not happy with it. It might weaken the Flyers offensively. What they have done is said they are happy trying to win games 2-1. Lower scoring hockey...yay.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Ummm, last time I checked the Sabres needed a Center...just sayin'...

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            I've been the poster boy for this position but they also need a stay at home, big defenseman. It is possible that nobody wants to trade them a center.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

Maybe Richards whining about not getting calls against the Sabres didn't play well in Philly.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                I've been the poster boy for this position but they also need a stay at home, big defenseman. It is possible that nobody wants to trade them a center.
                Ehh, I hate that excuse, "maybe they couldn't find a partner, maybe nobody wants to trade the sabres a center"...blah, blah, blah. It seems other teams are able to find a center, this team will not win a cup unless they actually go out and get superstars...you just don't win the cup without them, it doesn't happen.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

i don't think trading youth for a center in their thirties to a rival is a very good idea. there is a reason the west offered more.

it's a gamble....but i think the flyeres may have gotten better for a few years from now. right when Bryzgolov is on the decline...typical philly.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                    • Dec 2002

does that mean briere returns to C status....
                    Skate Zilla
                    -----------------------
                    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Ehh, I hate that excuse, "maybe they couldn't find a partner, maybe nobody wants to trade the sabres a center"...blah, blah, blah. It seems other teams are able to find a center, this team will not win a cup unless they actually go out and get superstars...you just don't win the cup without them, it doesn't happen.
                      Please list the number of #1 centers that have been moved in the past year.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

It's no coincidence that both trades were to the Western Conference. The better the player you trade, the further you want him away from your team. As much as I would have loved Richards here, I don't think the Flyers would have done it, and it would have probably cost Myers and more.

btw, I've been reading rumors that there was tension between Richards and Flyers brass
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                        X