PDA

View Full Version : Flyers trade Mike Richards, Carter

Philagape
06-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Wow.

Richards to Kings for Schenn, Simmonds
Carter to Blue Jackets for Voracek, 1st, 3rd

I know they needed cap room for Bryzgalov, but Richards?!? He's their leader. Something more to this?

Ebenezer
06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Wow.

Richards to Kings for Schenn, Simmonds
Carter to Blue Jackets for Voracek, 1st, 3rd

I know they needed cap room for Bryzgalov, but Richards?!? He's their leader. Something more to this?
I don't think so. It's about money. There were rumors they had traded Versteeg, too, but those were wrong.

elltrain22
06-23-2011, 07:39 PM
I love it, b/c I hate the Flyers, and they just had a very bad day.

Ebenezer
06-23-2011, 07:53 PM
I love it, b/c I hate the Flyers, and they just had a very bad day.
I'm not happy with it. It might weaken the Flyers offensively. What they have done is said they are happy trying to win games 2-1. Lower scoring hockey...yay.

Nighthawk
06-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Ummm, last time I checked the Sabres needed a Center...just sayin'...

Ebenezer
06-23-2011, 08:44 PM
I've been the poster boy for this position but they also need a stay at home, big defenseman. It is possible that nobody wants to trade them a center.

chernobylwraiths
06-24-2011, 06:40 AM
Maybe Richards whining about not getting calls against the Sabres didn't play well in Philly.

Nighthawk
06-24-2011, 07:02 AM
I've been the poster boy for this position but they also need a stay at home, big defenseman. It is possible that nobody wants to trade them a center.

Ehh, I hate that excuse, "maybe they couldn't find a partner, maybe nobody wants to trade the sabres a center"...blah, blah, blah. It seems other teams are able to find a center, this team will not win a cup unless they actually go out and get superstars...you just don't win the cup without them, it doesn't happen.

trapezeus
06-24-2011, 08:30 AM

i don't think trading youth for a center in their thirties to a rival is a very good idea. there is a reason the west offered more.

it's a gamble....but i think the flyeres may have gotten better for a few years from now. right when Bryzgolov is on the decline...typical philly.

SkateZilla
06-24-2011, 09:05 AM
does that mean briere returns to C status....

Ebenezer
06-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Ehh, I hate that excuse, "maybe they couldn't find a partner, maybe nobody wants to trade the sabres a center"...blah, blah, blah. It seems other teams are able to find a center, this team will not win a cup unless they actually go out and get superstars...you just don't win the cup without them, it doesn't happen.
Please list the number of #1 centers that have been moved in the past year.

Philagape
06-24-2011, 09:27 AM
It's no coincidence that both trades were to the Western Conference. The better the player you trade, the further you want him away from your team. As much as I would have loved Richards here, I don't think the Flyers would have done it, and it would have probably cost Myers and more.

btw, I've been reading rumors that there was tension between Richards and Flyers brass