PDA

View Full Version : The Calm Before the Storm...

lordofgun
06-24-2003, 09:05 AM
"I think it's almost like the calm before the storm. Everyone is really excited knowing about what we can do, but you've got to pace yourself right now. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon, to bring back an old cliche, but that's what it's all about. We've tried to make sure guys don't get too excited and blow a gasket right now." -- Veteran free-agent fullback Sam Gash

I love having Sam back on the team. :up:

WG
06-24-2003, 09:13 AM
Indeed! It's too bad we let him go in the first place, eh.

I certainly can't wait to get TC going...

:clap:

Jan Reimers
06-24-2003, 09:15 AM
I love his attitude and style of play.

The_Philster
06-24-2003, 03:54 PM
As much as I liked Centers, I was excited to see Gash come back...I was just about to get his jersey before he left. :eek:

HenryRules
06-24-2003, 04:13 PM
I love Gash and am glad we have him back ... I think a lot of people forget that he wasn't that bad as a receiver out of the backfield when he last played for us. While he's no Centers, when Gash is on the field, the D doesn't know whether he'll be blocking or going out on a route.

I still really liked Centers and I question dropping each of him, Riems, and Price without adding much receiving ability in return, but one-for-one, Centers for Gash was a solid move IMO.

MDFINFAN
06-24-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I love Gash and am glad we have him back ... I think a lot of people forget that he wasn't that bad as a receiver out of the backfield when he last played for us. While he's no Centers, when Gash is on the field, the D doesn't know whether he'll be blocking or going out on a route.

I still really liked Centers and I question dropping each of him, Riems, and Price without adding much receiving ability in return, but one-for-one, Centers for Gash was a solid move IMO.

This is a good point, the pass was a major part in your game last year, do you think you will suffer because of the changes, or do you think you will catch people off guard, as I notice one poster here, states that Gash, wasn't that bad of a reciever..Is the O balanced or more run oriented at the expense of the pass?

G. Host
06-24-2003, 05:38 PM
Sammy and Crosby will be laying the wood and Henry will be running through the wood chips if he is smart.

ryven
06-25-2003, 11:52 AM
IMO Gash was a pretty decent receiver so he might not have centers catching skills but it's not gonna hurt as bad as intially thought. Plus I cant wait for him to lay out saue(sp?) and maybe thomas a few times.