• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Could Buffalo Be Interested In Pryor?

If we are to believe the tandem of Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix are long term fixtures in Buffalo, then a very intriguing predicament will soon be facing them, and that is whether or not to draft Ohio State QB, Terrelle Pryor. I know your first reaction is to say I’m crazy, as the frugal owner Ralph Wilson would never allow a team to invest money in a player like Pryor, but hear me out. If the selection only cost the Bills a day three pick (say in the 4th round) then I say do it and here are the reasons why:
    Supp Draft is set for sometime in July.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Re: Could Buffalo Be Interested In Pryor?

Why would some random article with no real news on any sort of interest, indicate that the Bills could be interested in this idiot?

Especially as a team that values its draft picks as much as Buddy and Co seem too?
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
      Why would some random article with no real news on any sort of interest, indicate that the Bills could be interested in this idiot?

Especially as a team that values its draft picks as much as Buddy and Co seem too?
      Did I say it did?

It provides points based on what Chan has liked in QB's in the past as to why they may have interest. The question is being asked by me and the article is used as a supporting point to get people thinking.

If it was a report that Buffalo was interested I assure you I would of worded it differently.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

No thanks..............he's a turd

Comment

• Coach Sal
          • Aug 2006

Just another person with an opinion, but that being said, I'm so sick of reading lines like this:
          ...as the frugal owner Ralph Wilson would never allow a team to invest money in a player like Pryor...
          What does that even mean and why?!?!

Look, I have zero interest in Pryor for the Bills, but the perception that Ralph "would never invest money in a player like Pryor" is absurd, and been proven wrong again and again.

He ponied up for TO when Jauron wanted him.

He "allowed" Buddy to sign a damaged Merriman, even after Merriman made them look foolish when he got hurt right after grabbing him last year.

He gave a pretty decent extension to Roscoe Parrish several years ago, when Rosco was pretty much used as only a gadget player.

If Chan and Buddy want to draft Pryor, they will. And Ralph won't stop them. It's not going to cost them Sam Bradford money.

I'm so tired of hearing/reading these blanket unfounded perceptions. There are a lot of things people can complain about Ralph, but "allowing" the team to invest "in a player like Pryor" is not one of them.
          Last edited by Coach Sal; 06-24-2011, 07:43 AM.
          Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
          And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

Put it this way I would probably take Rob Johnson, JP Losman and Trent Edwards back as QB before I would waste 1 second on this pile of garbage.
            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Daily-D...alo-bound.html

Supp Draft is set for sometime in July.
              According to Greg Aiello, as of this morning there is no date set for the supplemental draft. At least not yet anyway. But, as far as Pryor goes, there is always going to be some level of interest. How much interest Nix and company may have in him, or better yet what they would be willing to give up to roll the dice on him is debatable. Personally, I don't think its going to happen. Pryor just doesn't fit the criteria that Nix looks for in a prospect. JMO

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Not going to happen.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• mikemac2001
                  is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                  • Mar 2003

Has an Ohio state qb ever been good in the NFL ?

MUCK
                  FIAMI

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                    Will not tolerate vandalism.
                    • Apr 2006

I know your first reaction is to say I’m crazy, as the frugal owner Ralph Wilson would never allow a team to invest money in a player like Pryor
                    Come on, we're talking about a late-round draft pick here. This isn't going to cost him much more than league minimum, even if he makes the roster.

Comment

• T-Long
                      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                      • Sep 2003

As I've stated in the past, spending a 3rd day pick on an athlete like Terrelle Pryor is well worth it in my opinion. The guy could be the next Brad Smith. Do you really think that Brad Smith wouldn't be worth a 4th round pick for this team? I would have absolutely no problem with the Bills putting a 4th round claim on this guy in the supp draft. Problem is, I could see a team putting in a 3rd round claim on him.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                        Has an Ohio state qb ever been good in the NFL ?
                        Tom Tupa, and Mike Tomczak, but no one that really jumps out at you. lol

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

yeah a day 3 pick for a roll of the dice would be fine.... and it still doesn't mean we wouldn't pull the trigger on a 1st rd QB is we get the chance IMO
                          Last edited by ddaryl; 06-24-2011, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                            Tom Tupa, and Mike Tomczak, but no one that really jumps out at you. lol
                            The question was if there was ever a GOOD NFL QB from Ohio State, not an NFL QB period.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by T-Long
                              As I've stated in the past, spending a 3rd day pick on an athlete like Terrelle Pryor is well worth it in my opinion. The guy could be the next Brad Smith. Do you really think that Brad Smith wouldn't be worth a 4th round pick for this team? I would have absolutely no problem with the Bills putting a 4th round claim on this guy in the supp draft. Problem is, I could see a team putting in a 3rd round claim on him.
                              If Pryor was willing to come in as a WR/slash type player like Kordell Stewart was, he would have value & maybe be worth a 4th, but he wants to be a QB. When Kordell Stewart went from slash to QB, he failed at that.
                              Last edited by better days; 06-24-2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X