PDA

View Full Version : Could Buffalo Be Interested In Pryor?

DraftBoy
06-24-2011, 07:21 AM
http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Daily-Dose/nfl-is-terrelle-pryor-buffalo-bound.html

If we are to believe the tandem of Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix are long term fixtures in Buffalo, then a very intriguing predicament will soon be facing them, and that is whether or not to draft Ohio State QB, Terrelle Pryor. I know your first reaction is to say I’m crazy, as the frugal owner Ralph Wilson would never allow a team to invest money in a player like Pryor, but hear me out. If the selection only cost the Bills a day three pick (say in the 4th round) then I say do it and here are the reasons why:

Supp Draft is set for sometime in July.

BidsJr
06-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Why would some random article with no real news on any sort of interest, indicate that the Bills could be interested in this idiot?

Especially as a team that values its draft picks as much as Buddy and Co seem too?

DraftBoy
06-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Why would some random article with no real news on any sort of interest, indicate that the Bills could be interested in this idiot?

Especially as a team that values its draft picks as much as Buddy and Co seem too?

Did I say it did?

It provides points based on what Chan has liked in QB's in the past as to why they may have interest. The question is being asked by me and the article is used as a supporting point to get people thinking.

If it was a report that Buffalo was interested I assure you I would of worded it differently.

clumping platelets
06-24-2011, 07:37 AM
No thanks..............he's a turd

Coach Sal
06-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Just another person with an opinion, but that being said, I'm so sick of reading lines like this:

...as the frugal owner Ralph Wilson would never allow a team to invest money in a player like Pryor...
What does that even mean and why?!?!

Look, I have zero interest in Pryor for the Bills, but the perception that Ralph "would never invest money in a player like Pryor" is absurd, and been proven wrong again and again.

He ponied up for TO when Jauron wanted him.

He "allowed" Buddy to sign a damaged Merriman, even after Merriman made them look foolish when he got hurt right after grabbing him last year.

He gave a pretty decent extension to Roscoe Parrish several years ago, when Rosco was pretty much used as only a gadget player.

If Chan and Buddy want to draft Pryor, they will. And Ralph won't stop them. It's not going to cost them Sam Bradford money.

I'm so tired of hearing/reading these blanket unfounded perceptions. There are a lot of things people can complain about Ralph, but "allowing" the team to invest "in a player like Pryor" is not one of them.

BidsJr
06-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Put it this way I would probably take Rob Johnson, JP Losman and Trent Edwards back as QB before I would waste 1 second on this pile of garbage.

Extremebillsfan247
06-24-2011, 08:24 AM
http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Daily-Dose/nfl-is-terrelle-pryor-buffalo-bound.html

Supp Draft is set for sometime in July.According to Greg Aiello, as of this morning there is no date set for the supplemental draft. At least not yet anyway. But, as far as Pryor goes, there is always going to be some level of interest. How much interest Nix and company may have in him, or better yet what they would be willing to give up to roll the dice on him is debatable. Personally, I don't think its going to happen. Pryor just doesn't fit the criteria that Nix looks for in a prospect. JMO

psubills62
06-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Not going to happen.

mikemac2001
06-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Has an Ohio state qb ever been good in the NFL ?

Johnny Bugmenot
06-24-2011, 09:00 AM
I know your first reaction is to say I’m crazy, as the frugal owner Ralph Wilson would never allow a team to invest money in a player like Pryor
Come on, we're talking about a late-round draft pick here. This isn't going to cost him much more than league minimum, even if he makes the roster.

T-Long
06-24-2011, 09:18 AM
As I've stated in the past, spending a 3rd day pick on an athlete like Terrelle Pryor is well worth it in my opinion. The guy could be the next Brad Smith. Do you really think that Brad Smith wouldn't be worth a 4th round pick for this team? I would have absolutely no problem with the Bills putting a 4th round claim on this guy in the supp draft. Problem is, I could see a team putting in a 3rd round claim on him.

Extremebillsfan247
06-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Has an Ohio state qb ever been good in the NFL ? Tom Tupa, and Mike Tomczak, but no one that really jumps out at you. lol

ddaryl
06-24-2011, 09:25 AM
yeah a day 3 pick for a roll of the dice would be fine.... and it still doesn't mean we wouldn't pull the trigger on a 1st rd QB is we get the chance IMO

better days
06-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Tom Tupa, and Mike Tomczak, but no one that really jumps out at you. lol

The question was if there was ever a GOOD NFL QB from Ohio State, not an NFL QB period.

better days
06-24-2011, 09:50 AM
As I've stated in the past, spending a 3rd day pick on an athlete like Terrelle Pryor is well worth it in my opinion. The guy could be the next Brad Smith. Do you really think that Brad Smith wouldn't be worth a 4th round pick for this team? I would have absolutely no problem with the Bills putting a 4th round claim on this guy in the supp draft. Problem is, I could see a team putting in a 3rd round claim on him.

If Pryor was willing to come in as a WR/slash type player like Kordell Stewart was, he would have value & maybe be worth a 4th, but he wants to be a QB. When Kordell Stewart went from slash to QB, he failed at that.

k-oneputt
06-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Only if he wants to become a wr. Then I would use a 4th in a second.

DraftBoy
06-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Only if he wants to become a wr. Then I would use a 4th in a second.

Big risk to take, he's never played the position before.

Id bid a 6th for him if I had no interest in playing him at QB.

T-Long
06-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Pryor is the next Brad Smith. He can return, play WR, and play option QB for you as well. Could you imagine the package that Gailey would put together for this guy? I hate Ohio State and I hate Pryor for going there and not going to PSU, but I would love the addition and possibilities.

DraftBoy
06-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Pryor is the next Brad Smith. He can return, play WR, and play option QB for you as well. Could you imagine the package that Gailey would put together for this guy? I hate Ohio State and I hate Pryor for going there and not going to PSU, but I would love the addition and possibilities.

He's never really had to do any of that.

Be very careful when discussing this kid. He's a QB as of now, he's nothing more. He's not even a true dual threat QB because he's not a huge fan of even running the option.

We dont know what he can or can't do, but considering he's never run routes, or returned kicks its an awful bold stance to say he can do any of that.

hughjackman
06-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Are you serious Draft Boy? You think you're this big time analyzer but can't make a basic evaluation time and time again. Run your mouth at me all you want but you're a joke dude, year after year. Pryor is not a QB in the NFL. Sit in short zones and all he can do is run. He can't make a read let alone handle a Gailey offence. Lol pathetic.

hughjackman
06-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Put my comment in your sig and get at me in a few years whne he's a 5th round J Russel.:busted:

Goobylal
06-24-2011, 01:29 PM
For a 5th rounder, it would be a worthwhile gamble. I might even be inclined to say a 4th rounder.

DraftBoy
06-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Are you serious Draft Boy? You think you're this big time analyzer but can't make a basic evaluation time and time again. Run your mouth at me all you want but you're a joke dude, year after year. Pryor is not a QB in the NFL. Sit in short zones and all he can do is run. He can't make a read let alone handle a Gailey offence. Lol pathetic.

We shall see, however there is only issue with your point. I never said that I thought Pryor was a NFL caliber QB.

PromoTheRobot
06-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Why not? Look how well Maurice Clarette did.

PTR

T-Long
06-24-2011, 02:39 PM
He's never really had to do any of that.

Be very careful when discussing this kid. He's a QB as of now, he's nothing more. He's not even a true dual threat QB because he's not a huge fan of even running the option.

We dont know what he can or can't do, but considering he's never run routes, or returned kicks its an awful bold stance to say he can do any of that.

That's exactly my point. The guy has tremendous upside and his athleticisim and size alone warrants him to be a 3rd day pick. Brad Smith came out as a QB as well and was drafted in the 4th round as an Athlete as well.

If you get a guy like this on your roster, you can scratch that 3rd QB off the 53 man and have him as your emergency guy. The sky is the limit in my opinion with this guy....especially when you look at 3rd day picks all over the NFL. More than half of those guys are cut or kept on for practice squad. You mean to tell me that you wouldn't take a chance on this player for a THIRD DAY selection? I have to say, I couldn't disagree with you more, and I hate the kid. (haha)

tampabay25690
06-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Im fine with a 4th rounder for Pryor.
Has nice upside but I wonder how much baggage he really brings with him....
He always plays pretty good in big games...

4th rounder go for it all day IMO.....

T-Long
06-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Im fine with a 4th rounder for Pryor.
Has nice upside but I wonder how much baggage he really brings with him....
He always plays pretty good in big games...

4th rounder go for it all day IMO.....
I swear to God, I think we share a brain my man. Right on with my thinking as usual.

better days
06-24-2011, 02:58 PM
That's exactly my point. The guy has tremendous upside and his athleticisim and size alone warrants him to be a 3rd day pick. Brad Smith came out as a QB as well and was drafted in the 4th round as an Athlete as well.

If you get a guy like this on your roster, you can scratch that 3rd QB off the 53 man and have him as your emergency guy. The sky is the limit in my opinion with this guy....especially when you look at 3rd day picks all over the NFL. More than half of those guys are cut or kept on for practice squad. You mean to tell me that you wouldn't take a chance on this player for a THIRD DAY selection? I have to say, I couldn't disagree with you more, and I hate the kid. (haha)

Well, going from history, who was the last supplemental pick that was any good?

Mr. Pink
06-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Just another person with an opinion, but that being said, I'm so sick of reading lines like this:

What does that even mean and why?!?!

Look, I have zero interest in Pryor for the Bills, but the perception that Ralph "would never invest money in a player like Pryor" is absurd, and been proven wrong again and again.

He ponied up for TO when Jauron wanted him.

He "allowed" Buddy to sign a damaged Merriman, even after Merriman made them look foolish when he got hurt right after grabbing him last year.

He gave a pretty decent extension to Roscoe Parrish several years ago, when Rosco was pretty much used as only a gadget player.

If Chan and Buddy want to draft Pryor, they will. And Ralph won't stop them. It's not going to cost them Sam Bradford money.

I'm so tired of hearing/reading these blanket unfounded perceptions. There are a lot of things people can complain about Ralph, but "allowing" the team to invest "in a player like Pryor" is not one of them.

Completely ridiculous comparison.

TO, Merriman, Roscoe have all proved through the years that they can produce at the NFL level.

Pryor obviously has not.

Now if Ralph would have invested in say, Lawrence Phillips, Maurice Clarett as examples in the past, you would have an apropos argument and some basis for your post as it stands now there is none.

Mr. Pink
06-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Well, going from history, who was the last supplemental pick that was any good?

Bernie Kosar and Cris Carter were pretty good!

Kosar actually is the only QB drafted in the supplemental draft that was any good.

Unless you count Dave Brown, Timm Rosenbach, Steve Walsh and Dave Wilson as good.

mayotm
06-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Bernie Kosar and Cris Carter were pretty good!

Kosar actually is the only QB drafted in the supplemental draft that was any good.

Unless you count Dave Brown, Timm Rosenbach, Steve Walsh and Dave Wilson as good.You only had to go back around 20 years for Kosar and Carter.

Mr. Pink
06-24-2011, 03:53 PM
You only had to go back around 20 years for Kosar and Carter.

Last good player would be Jared Gaither of the Ravens. 2007.

better days
06-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Last good player would be Jared Gaither of the Ravens. 2007.

Not bad for a 5th rnd pick.

Coach Sal
06-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Completely ridiculous comparison.

TO, Merriman, Roscoe have all proved through the years that they can produce at the NFL level.

Pryor obviously has not.

Now if Ralph would have invested in say, Lawrence Phillips, Maurice Clarett as examples in the past, you would have an apropos argument and some basis for your post as it stands now there is none.

I think you need to go stalk someone else for your "I'll oppose you just because I think it makes me look cool" schtick.

I already schooled you once in the last week after you tried this. About the realignment BS you tried to debate. Don't you learn?

Uh...let's see. Roscoe's contract extension came in December of 2007. He signed a three-year, $12.31 million extension that included a $1.1 million signing bonus, a $3.25 million "signing bonus" in the second year, and another $1.5 million "signing bonus" along with a $500,000 roster bonus in the third.

At this time in his career, he had caught exactly 73 passes for less than 900 total yards!! In 3 years!! He had just a breakout year as a return man. Yeah -- he was a proven vet worth 4 mil/year, eh?! Gimme a break.

OK, how bout the rookies? The Bills have drafted in the top-15, even 10 pretty much the entire decade. Yet, somehow, all their "unproven" draftees still signed fat deals appropriate for their position drafted.

You lose. Again.

Please go stalk someone else now. Thanks.

YardRat
06-24-2011, 09:36 PM
The Bills are not interested in Pryor.

Next question?

Mr. Pink
06-25-2011, 12:20 AM
I think you need to go stalk someone else for your "I'll oppose you just because I think it makes me look cool" schtick.

I already schooled you once in the last week after you tried this. About the realignment BS you tried to debate. Don't you learn?

Uh...let's see. Roscoe's contract extension came in December of 2007. He signed a three-year, $12.31 million extension that included a $1.1 million signing bonus, a $3.25 million "signing bonus" in the second year, and another $1.5 million "signing bonus" along with a $500,000 roster bonus in the third.

At this time in his career, he had caught exactly 73 passes for less than 900 total yards!! In 3 years!! He had just a breakout year as a return man. Yeah -- he was a proven vet worth 4 mil/year, eh?! Gimme a break.

OK, how bout the rookies? The Bills have drafted in the top-15, even 10 pretty much the entire decade. Yet, somehow, all their "unproven" draftees still signed fat deals appropriate for their position drafted.

You lose. Again.

Please go stalk someone else now. Thanks.

You schooled me? If you even replied to my post saying division re-alignment and travel times do matter, I didn't even read it. :rofl:

A guy who has never played a down in the NFL vs guys who have produced at various levels in the NFL is a great comparison, huh?

Even if it's just Roscoe Parrish and his return game skills is a contribution at the NFL level.

Name me one player who had a ton of issues at the collegiate level, issues that include being suspended and basically having to leave college football because after all was said and done he wasn't gonna play another down in the NCAA that Ralph has ever taken a chance on.

Hence my examples of Phillips and Clarrett. You can throw Marinovich in there and numerous other guys.

I love how you put it as "schooling me" or "making me look like a fool" though. The only person who would be foolish is the one who would think an owner who has never seriously looked at a player with such issues like Pryor before is suddenly gonna do it 50 years later.

Actually the only real fool in the Pryor situation is the GM/Owner who would waste a pick on that guy, but that's besides the point.

You can "school" me when you can name me a player that all but got thrown out of the NCAA was drafted to play here. Good luck.

And oh yeah, if you don't like my opinion, put me on ignore. I love how people around here kiss your ass just because you host an internet webcam show from your basement. But I guess because you have said show your opinion or thoughts are so much more meaningful than someone else's right? Even Pat Moran the junior journalist doesn't have your ego because he can get a press pass or have published material. Get real.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Coach Sal
06-25-2011, 12:36 AM
I can always tell when people are defeated and have nothing better to contribute to a debate, much less show their lack of class and character, when they turn to this card:

..... just because you host an internet webcam show from your basement...

Oh so original.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Thanks. I will. Always do.

Now go stalk someone else.

Night Train
06-25-2011, 06:23 AM
Anyone could be interested in Pryor, based on his unique athletic ability.

But he's a long term project... plus whether one believes he's got it between the earholes and if he'll put in the time to work at his game over hitting the clubs and chasing the bling.

BuffaloBlitz83
06-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks. I will. Always do.

Now go stalk someone else.
Your taking this way too personal. He's just disagreeing which leads to a debate. Hence the message board.

Coach Sal
06-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Your taking this way too personal. He's just disagreeing which leads to a debate. Hence the message board.

No. He has been coming at me lately with the "your points are stupid" and "your assessments are so far off base" comments no matter what that it's obvious he has a grade-school crush on me.

Believe me, I don't take things too personal. There are a lot of people who say a lot of very demeaning and downright insulting things about me on the Internet simply because I host a show with a webcam and try to give Bills fans a place to talk about their team.

The "mom's basement" comment is so old, unoriginal, and stupid by now I actually embrace it on my program and sometimes say, "welcome to the basement."

I've never understood why people want to make fun of someone for simply doing something different that others find valuable (even if they don't). Says a lot about the people who do that.

TigerJ
06-26-2011, 08:51 PM

Especially as a team that values its draft picks as much as Buddy and Co seem too?All speculation like this is predicated on Chan Gailey's history with mobile quarterbacks, based on which many pundits assume Gailey just loves them. Gailey himself has said the ability of a QB to make quick reads and get rid of the ball quickly and accurately is far more important than mobility, but nobody really listens to what he says.

For myself, I could see Buffalo taking a flyer on the guy if he's still hanging around in the 7th round of the supplemental draft, but only if he gets good marks in the coachability, intelligence, and general attitude categories in any research Buffalo cares to do. I can't help but suspect Pryor has issues in those areas given the way he played at Ohio State. In any case, he is a long term project IMO. I don't think Buffalo would get any production out of him for a couple years at least.