PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed

BillsFanCupp38
06-24-2011, 06:19 PM
The new jersey really doesn't do it for me :/

X-Era
06-24-2011, 06:20 PM
The new jersey really doesn't do it for me :/I like them a lot. After seeing the Madden pic's for months, I didn't think I would. But I love the classic NFL look and I think the aways and homes are bad ass.

Buffalo Thriller
06-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Oh God, can some of you be happy for once?
I love em.

SquishDaFish
06-24-2011, 06:24 PM
LOVE EM

Tiburon1724
06-24-2011, 06:24 PM
They're closer to the Super Bowl era look than I thought they'd be. I like 'em.

BillsFanCupp38
06-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Probably cause I grew up in the Superbowl era and I am extremely partial to that jersey myself.

ZAZusmc03
06-24-2011, 06:26 PM
I LOVE THEM

ServoBillieves
06-24-2011, 06:31 PM
I find them quite pimpwagon...

scartown
06-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Love em, the all white uni is official

The Spaz
06-24-2011, 06:46 PM
They are kick-ass!

DesertFox24
06-24-2011, 08:08 PM
I love the home unis for sure.

I am not sure about the away yet. I was actually really looking forward to white top and blue pants like madden made it seem like.

That being said I will hold off till I see them on the field, but I like them a lot more than the crap we had for the best 10 years.

I did not like these past jerseys the day they showed them.

BillyT92679
06-24-2011, 08:17 PM
I love the home unis for sure.

I am not sure about the away yet. I was actually really looking forward to white top and blue pants like madden made it seem like.

That being said I will hold off till I see them on the field, but I like them a lot more than the crap we had for the best 10 years.

I did not like these past jerseys the day they showed them.
honestly
I couldn't agree more

The blue tops are really nice
but the white on white on white looks poor... I didn't like it with the away throwbacks, but it would be anachronistic to have blue pants since they didn't exist until 1973. However, the white tops/blue pants fits perfectly for the quasi-Ferguson style they are rocking now. I heard rumblings that the blue pants are "in the works" though.

Night Train
06-24-2011, 08:22 PM
If they win, they can wear hot pink for all I care.

Crisis
06-24-2011, 08:31 PM
If they win, they can wear hot pink for all I care.

just no teal and orange.

JJamezz
06-24-2011, 08:37 PM
I wasn't sure how I'd like the white helmets (still love the red) but they look great, they kept the middle stripe simple with 2 colors and the logo is as big as it should be.. Looks really awesome with the newer style 'vented' helmets too.

Jerseys are about what I expected, they look great. I like the little logo on the back, that's a nice modern touch that I don't think any other team has done (could be wrong).

I'd like to see blue pants on the away unis too.

Ebenezer
06-24-2011, 08:38 PM
You guys have mentally masturbated about this for how long?? Just win; who the frik cares.

M
06-24-2011, 09:26 PM
White on white will make them look like the Pillsbury Doughboy. But who cares? I got used to the old ones, I'll get used to the new ones.

THATHURMANATOR
06-24-2011, 09:27 PM
honestly
I couldn't agree more

The blue tops are really nice
but the white on white on white looks poor... I didn't like it with the away throwbacks, but it would be anachronistic to have blue pants since they didn't exist until 1973. However, the white tops/blue pants fits perfectly for the quasi-Ferguson style they are rocking now. I heard rumblings that the blue pants are "in the works" though.
How in the hell could the blue pants be "in the works" after all this time? Makes no sense. If they were going to have blue pants how would they not had enough time to unveil them tonight? If they seriously not have them ready in time they are a joke.

I didn't think they could mess this up with going to the retro style but of course they did. The white jerseys are horrible. They have to be the plainest jersey's I have ever seen. Better than the previous sure but that wasn't hard.

The Blue jerseys are ok but if they were going to style them similar to the blue throwbacks why not just go with the blue throwbacks which were the best?

I am slightly disappointed.

To Eb and others acting like it is strange for us to care what the jerseys are is ******ed. It is what represents our team to the rest of the nation. If they are lame it is just one more thing to have to hear about.

Ebenezer
06-24-2011, 09:30 PM
How in the hell could the blue pants be "in the works" after all this time? Makes no sense. If they were going to have blue pants how would they not had enough time to unveil them tonight? If they seriously not have them ready in time they are a joke.

I didn't think they could mess this up with going to the retro style but of course they did. The white jerseys are horrible. They have to be the plainest jersey's I have ever seen. Better than the previous sure but that wasn't hard.

The Blue jerseys are ok but if they were going to style them similar to the blue throwbacks why not just go with the blue throwbacks which were the best?

I am slightly disappointed.

To Eb and others acting like it is strange for us to care what the jerseys are is ******ed. It is what represents our team to the rest of the nation. If they are lame it is just one more thing to have to hear about.
No playoffs since Flutie...that's what represents us to the rest of the nation.

THATHURMANATOR
06-24-2011, 09:37 PM
No playoffs since Flutie...that's what represents us to the rest of the nation.
You just don't get it man.

Surely we know that not winning is the major problem.

You sound like the guy at work who dresses like **** and says oh I will let my work do the talking. If you look terrible it is part of the whole product.

THATHURMANATOR
06-24-2011, 09:38 PM
I will even say I like these better than the previous jersey. I don't love them though...

Mr. Pink
06-25-2011, 12:36 AM
It's about time they went back to the white charging buffalo.

mikemac2001
06-25-2011, 01:31 AM
What could be worse then not making the playoffs

Dujek
06-25-2011, 01:58 AM
I like them, they're proper football unis.

Would prefer white over blue for road games, but the white jerseys themselves have a classic old school look.

Bills go straight to the top of the uniform tree with Green Bay and Chicago.

Michael82
06-25-2011, 02:10 AM
I wasn't sure how I'd like the white helmets (still love the red) but they look great, they kept the middle stripe simple with 2 colors and the logo is as big as it should be.. Looks really awesome with the newer style 'vented' helmets too.

Jerseys are about what I expected, they look great. I like the little logo on the back, that's a nice modern touch that I don't think any other team has done (could be wrong).

The Cardinals are the first team to put their logo on the back with the nameplate. I loved that idea when their unis came out and I love it on the Bills uniforms. :up:

X-Era
06-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Anyone else notice the belts? It appears that they are either white or they don't have them. Maybe they didn't have the belt ready or something for the unveiling? The pics are far away so its tough to see. But, I can see them.

Extremebillsfan247
06-25-2011, 09:32 AM
The new jersey really doesn't do it for me :/
I think they really look nice. The blues remind me a lot of the '90s look with a new touch. The whites are really cool. I really love the helmet though. The charging Buffalo really stands out well on it. JMO

justasportsfan
06-25-2011, 09:42 AM
no matter what the designs were, there will always be a few who won't like em. Cant please everyone. I like em but love em compared to what we had recently.

BillsFanCupp38
06-25-2011, 09:43 AM
I think they really look nice. The blues remind me a lot of the '90s look with a new touch. The whites are really cool. I really love the helmet though. The charging Buffalo really stands out well on it. JMO

There growing on me because they do somewhat remind me of the 90's. But a white helmet with white jersey with white pants is a little overdone... I would have prefered red helmets.

BillsFanCupp38
06-25-2011, 09:47 AM
And the home blue is too much powder blue... Would have prefered more of a royal blue.

BillsFanCupp38
06-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Is it me or does it seem like they jersey's the alumni are wearing are different than the ones the military is wearing?

ddaryl
06-25-2011, 10:09 AM
I really liked the blue helmets one of the members designed here. That would have been a nice touch IMO. A little something to make it a little different from the days of yore

I would prefer the blue pants with the white jersey

but otherwise these are much much much better

better days
06-25-2011, 10:13 AM
I really liked the blue helmets one of the members designed here. That would have been a nice touch IMO. A little something to make it a little different from the days of yore

I would prefer the blue pants with the white jersey

but otherwise these are much much much better

I like the white helmets myself, but I agree blue helmets would have been a nice change. I think they are going with blue pants for away games.

Coach Sal
06-25-2011, 12:03 PM
I didn't hate the way the old ones looked, but I absolutely hated what they represented to me.

So, almost any change was a good change.

I like these, especially the whites. I like the white helmet/grey facemask look a lot.

But the bottom line is, this is just another piece of a desperately needed culture change. So, it's all good.

Mski
06-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Is it me or does it seem like they jersey's the alumni are wearing are different than the ones the military is wearing?

15220I think its just the lighting...

the all white unis remind me of SB XXV :ill:

kingJofNYC
06-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Drop shadow on the alumni uni is too big. Alumni uni looks like a replica, not the game issued jersey.

Dozerdog
06-25-2011, 01:30 PM
http://64.17.171.58/images/Ferguson2.jpg

Mad Bomber
06-25-2011, 01:59 PM
There growing on me because they do somewhat remind me of the 90's. But a white helmet with white jersey with white pants is a little overdone... I would have prefered red helmets.
This uni has blue pants with the white jersey/helmet on the road. Trust me, it looks really good.

...and as for the white pants/jersey/helmet...Jack Kemp took the Bills to three sraight AFL championships wearing all white...

Luisito23
06-25-2011, 02:28 PM
They're much better than the old ones, but these are just too plain looking IMO...I'll get used to them though.

djjimkelly
06-25-2011, 04:28 PM
these uniforms are ok

no matter what the best bills uniforms are the ones from the early 90's maybe because the were good then

but the colors work on the field for me from the early 90's

BillsFanCupp38
06-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Drop shadow on the alumni uni is too big. Alumni uni looks like a replica, not the game issued jersey.

I think your right... but I almost like the replicas better

Billz_fan
06-25-2011, 05:30 PM
I like the new ones so much better than the recent uni's. The two sets of uni's I like the best are the ones used in the earlys 80's like Dozer showed and the SB years uni's.

Above all if I had the power to do so they would be wearing the 60's style all the time with the standing Buffalo helmet. Traditional AFL baby :up:

Ingtar33
06-27-2011, 08:02 AM
love em. still would rather have the standing red buffalo but other then that, the grey facemask and the old style jerseys look great. even like the whites, and it's been forever since i could say that.

THATHURMANATOR
06-27-2011, 08:15 AM
I don't see how these jerseys could remind you of the 90s jerseys in any way.

THATHURMANATOR
06-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Also I can guarantee you the Alumni jerseys were supposed to be the same as the ones the soldiers where wearing. I am sure they just didn't realize they were different.

trapezeus
06-27-2011, 09:38 AM
the 2002 to 2010 jerseys were a joke. the road ones sucked. i remember how confusing the whole unveiling was. I remember looking at my pal and saying, "but the uni blue and logo blue don't even match"

In a perfect world, i would have liked to see the blue pants with the white tops. i hate the all white look.

but overall this whole thing is so much better than what we had that i'll take it with no questions asked.

if the blue pants do eventually show up, great. if not, i can deal.

THATHURMANATOR
06-27-2011, 09:51 AM
the 2002 to 2010 jerseys were a joke. the road ones sucked. i remember how confusing the whole unveiling was. I remember looking at my pal and saying, "but the uni blue and logo blue don't even match"

In a perfect world, i would have liked to see the blue pants with the white tops. i hate the all white look.

but overall this whole thing is so much better than what we had that i'll take it with no questions asked.

if the blue pants do eventually show up, great. if not, i can deal.
I am with you. They are soooo much better than the 2002 to 2010 jerseys. I can't deny that. I am just gettin nitpicky....

mikemac2001
06-27-2011, 11:24 AM
guys who cares...we never have to see the bills lose over and over again in the old uni's

its a new attitude from the losing years

Mski
06-27-2011, 11:59 AM
maybe they should paint the endzones red again too

THATHURMANATOR
06-27-2011, 12:08 PM
guys who cares...we never have to see the bills lose over and over again in the old uni's

its a new attitude from the losing years
I think it is pretty clear that I care.

THATHURMANATOR
06-27-2011, 12:09 PM
maybe they should paint the endzones red again too
I think they are changing the Endzones for real.

trapezeus
06-27-2011, 02:05 PM
to blue if the Buffalo news article was to be believed.

TigerJ
06-27-2011, 08:38 PM
I have to admit that jersey design is probably the area of football that I am least interested in.

As of yet, I haven't tried to find a picture of the jersey. I figure I'll see them at some point, but it won't make one iota of a difference in how I view the Bills.

It's not my intent to suggest anyone else shouldn't care. If you love 'em or hate 'em, you have a perfect right to your opinion and it doesn't change who you are as a fan.

THATHURMANATOR
06-27-2011, 10:41 PM
I have to admit that jersey design is probably the area of football that I am least interested in.

As of yet, I haven't tried to find a picture of the jersey. I figure I'll see them at some point, but it won't make one iota of a difference in how I view the Bills.

It's not my intent to suggest anyone else shouldn't care. If you love 'em or hate 'em, you have a perfect right to your opinion and it doesn't change who you are as a fan.
How hard could you possibly have tried? There are tons of pics on this site, and then there is a place called Buffalobills.com

TigerJ
06-27-2011, 10:52 PM
The answer is, I've not tried at all. I did happen to check out Buffalo Rumblings for other reasons and saw one picture of the home jerseys. I'm just not into fashion, football or otherwise.

BertSquirtgum
06-28-2011, 01:17 AM
love the new jerseys. anyone who doesn't, secretly likes the dolphins

Buffalogic
06-28-2011, 05:31 AM
Overall the new uniforms are a big improvement compared to the ugly ones we had to look at for the last 10 years.

If I were to get picky I would prefer more horizontal stripes on the shoulders rather than the diagonal ones they have.

Also I would have preferred a blue facemask over the grayish white one they settled on.

christhebillsfan783
06-28-2011, 05:32 PM

I think the cards have their logo on the back of their jerseys too.

Ground Chuck
06-28-2011, 06:24 PM
I love them.

Hate blue pants.