• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Over/under on how it takes ESPN to actually cover the Bills uni story

I'm saying it won't be until the next new Sportscenter and will be a total of 1 minute of coverage... 11pm tonight is my guess... Oh wait, it won't be a top story so let me change that... 11:34.

• Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Over/under on how it takes ESPN to actually cover the Bills uni story

I bet they don't show it at all.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Why would they cover it at all? Who cares besides Bills fans?
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
        I don't know. You claim to be the leader in sports news, to me that means you are first to break any sports story... Crazy?

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
          I don't know. You claim to be the leader in sports news, to me that means you are first to break any sports story... Crazy?
          Yes.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
            Will not tolerate vandalism.
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by X-Era
            Apparently yes. According to Len DeLuca:
            "It is long proven in NBA and NFL and MLB that spreading the wealth to 30 or 32 teams is a prescription for deflating ratings."

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

The lockout better end soon...otherwise, guys are going to be betting on how Fitz spent the weekend with the family.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Excessively
                Selecting
                Pats
                News

Didn't catch it at 11 last night, I'm watching the re-run this morning (I think). Were at the :15 minute mark and no mention yet. I said :34... let's see.

Comment

• Mike
                  • Jan 2009

Exactly!
                  Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
                    • Jan 2009

So you guys think that ESPN should cover every single jersey change across all sports?

Lebron changes his number last year, & they spent a minute on it because a number is a number, it's not news and that was the King!
                    Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
                      • Jan 2009

Lastly, ESPN is a private company & they have the Freedom to dowhatever they want with their company. Who are you to judge them or to tell them how to run it?

There are 3 ESPN channels so they can not comply with every sports fans wishes, including yours. They naturally celebrate Winners, Revalent Teams, etc... Bills are not relevant or a winner!

Right now they are covering Wibleton! Can anyone tell me how much tiime they spent on talking about the 29th best player? How about baseball, how often do they talk about the worst 3 teams???

If the Bills were Champs believe me ESPN would be talking about them!!!
                      Please Make Sense

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Mike
                        So you guys think that ESPN should cover every single jersey change across all sports?

Lebron changes his number last year, & they spent a minute on it because a number is a number, it's not news and that was the King!
                        Were you blind, deaf, or just living under a rock when LeBron changed his team/jersey/number? Remember the love for the Jags and Chargers the past few times they changed their jerseys? THE JAGS.

Believe me, I don't care that ESPN won't show our new unis, that's for us fans to care about and for other teams to fear but they do PLENTY of things about jersey changes, they at least mention them.
                        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mike

The NBA is a sport watched by few people anymore. That league is in trouble.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
                            Were you blind, deaf, or just living under a rock when LeBron changed his team/jersey/number? Remember the love for the Jags and Chargers the past few times they changed their jerseys? THE JAGS.

Believe me, I don't care that ESPN won't show our new unis, that's for us fans to care about and for other teams to fear but they do PLENTY of things about jersey changes, they at least mention them.
                            What they don't do: Adequately cover whats going on across sports

What they will do: Cover the stories that garner the most interest and therefore make them the most money

It's inadequate sports journalism but solid business.
                            Last edited by X-Era; 06-25-2011, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• ZEUS
                              My bedroom is covered in posters of naked men.
                              • Jul 2005

It's really not news worthy. Except for local Buffalo. This may come as a surprise to some of you, but the rest of the country could care less about a dumpy little city like Buffalo.

Comment

Working...
                              X