• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

T.O.

The saga that is Terrell Owens may have hit its final chapter.
    My full story
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Re: T.O.

Originally posted by T-Long
    Of course!

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Nicely written T-Long. I think Terrell is a HOF player myself, but I don't know about 1st ballot. I personally loved the Dallas Star & Sharpie bits, but do not like the fact he called out his teammates. I think the biggest mistake TO made was the way he acted while in Philly.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Receptions 1,078
        Receiving Yards 15,934
        Receiving TDs 153

Is there any real debate ?
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

First ballot, guaranteed.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

There is no way that this guy shouldn't end up in the HOF. He was one of the best and dominant WR's to ever play the game.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
              Will not tolerate vandalism.
              • Apr 2006

Sure. It's a hall of fame, and Terrell Owens did more to promote his fame than anyone in the NFL since Broadway Joe Namath.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Terrell Owens is already a charter inductee in the Terrell Owens Hall of Fame.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Not before Andre Reed gets in.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    Not before Andre Reed gets in.
                    Easily before Andre.
                    He was DOMINANT. I think he was the most dominat receiver I have ever seen. I was very young for Rice is his heyday but I can't remember seeing a highlight of Rice taking short passes and busting through the entire field and overpowering d backs. Rice was a route running technition.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                      • Sep 2003

If I had a HOF vote there is no way I would give it to Terrell Owens. The NFL is full of players with talent and skills. What makes someone hall of fame material is the ability to transcend the "individual" and elevate the team. I have no evidence of T.O. being about anyone or anything other than T.O. HOF = FAIL.

PTR
                      10 Commandments of the D
                      1. Never stop Rocking.
                      2. Legalize all drugs.
                      3. Quit your day job.
                      4. All Religion should be taxed.
                      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                      6. F**k her gently.
                      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• BillyT92679
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        Easily before Andre.
                        He was DOMINANT. I think he was the most dominat receiver I have ever seen. I was very young for Rice is his heyday but I can't remember seeing a highlight of Rice taking short passes and busting through the entire field and overpowering d backs. Rice was a route running technition.
                        Well, Andre will probably go in next year so it's moot.
                        Rice was really, really, really that good... a far better player than Owens. Rice never dropped anything. Not only was he precise in his running, he was more physical than people realized and was incredibly athletic. I remember a game vs Atlanta in 1989 where Jerry just destroyed the Falcons. He overlapped with Largent who was just a workhorse, but not an athletic talent.

TO is quite good sure, probably better than Carter, and somewhat better than Brown (who to me was very underrated), and is a definite HOFer. I actually think Andre was about as good as Owens (Andre never had the dropsy problems that TO has ALWAYS had), and TO wasn't as dominant as Randy Moss who, to me, is the best receiver since Rice.
                        Last edited by BillyT92679; 06-28-2011, 09:49 AM.
                        Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          Easily before Andre.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillyT92679
                            Well, Andre will probably go in next year so it's moot.
                            Rice was really, really, really that good... a far better player than Owens. Rice never dropped anything. Not only was he precise in his running, he was more physical than people realized and was incredibly athletic. I remember a game vs Atlanta in 1989 where Jerry just destroyed the Falcons. He overlapped with Largent who was just a workhorse, but not an athletic talent.

TO is quite good sure, probably better than Carter, and somewhat better than Brown (who to me was very underrated), and is a definite HOFer. I actually think Andre was about as good as Owens (Andre never had the dropsy problems that TO has ALWAYS had), and TO wasn't as dominant as Randy Moss who, to me, is the best receiver since Rice.
                            Good point.

Reed could easily get in within the next 5 years.

TO may not even retire yet so this is probably a moot point.

I also wasn't arguing TO was better than Jerry, maybe just more physically dominating.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

TO will get into the Hall and deservedly so, great player, on the field. He's had an ongoing war of words with the media and since they vote on the hall it likely won't be on the first ballot.

BUT let's not get carried away here. TO was a major major diestraction wherever he went and that circus is not conducive to winning. Think about it:

TO put up great numbers in SF. They would never ever take him back.

TO put up great numbers in Philly. They would never ever take him back.

TO put up great numbers in Dallas. They would never ever take him back.

TO put up good numbers in Buffalo. They would not take him back.

TO put up good numbers in Cincy. They would not take him back.

Mentioning TO in the same sentence as Jerry Rice, who I would argue was not just the greatest receiver of all time but one of the top 5 players of all time at any position is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X