PDA

View Full Version : Some Local Prospects

DraftBoy
06-28-2011, 07:18 AM
In July I have a new project launching that will is something that is near and dear to me. With it Im planning on launching my most comprehensive Small School Watch List ever, with around 900 names on it.

With that in mind some local kids will make that list, here is one;

Buffalo State FB Ben Mauer

Who are some of your favorite local prospects?

k-oneputt
06-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Jauron, Modrak and his gang of idiots have left the building. We use our premium picks on guys from the SEC and Big-12 now.
Never even heard of that Buff St. kid. You are going way down the totem pole though for these reaches. The UB kids are miles ahead of those players. Let's stick to at least the D-1 for our draft picks. If they want to bring a few into camp to be punching bags then go for it.

TigerJ
06-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Of course Buffalo is going to use its high draft picks on guys everyone will recognize, k-one. There may or may not be a Michael Jasper in Buffalo's entire 2012 draft class, but you can bet that Buffalo's scouts will spend at least a bit of time looking at these deep sleepers, because once in a while one will develop into a star, and you can at least find some decent role players from schools that are not traditional football powers.

k-oneputt
06-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Actually Jasper started his college career at Miss. I believe. That's not Buff St. and D-3 football.

DraftBoy
06-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Jauron, Modrak and his gang of idiots have left the building. We use our premium picks on guys from the SEC and Big-12 now.
Never even heard of that Buff St. kid. You are going way down the totem pole though for these reaches. The UB kids are miles ahead of those players. Let's stick to at least the D-1 for our draft picks. If they want to bring a few into camp to be punching bags then go for it.

This has nothing to do with your preference or mine. If you dont have a comment about the prospects named or a name to add, then simply don't respond. Not every thread is going to be about a BCS conference kid.

DraftBoy
06-28-2011, 10:41 AM
A few more names;
DE Eddie Delaney-Albany
CB DJ Romano-Cortland State
LB Jordan Spirou-Hartwick

Any local colleges you guys want to know about, feel free to ask.

k-oneputt
06-28-2011, 10:59 AM
How about players with an actual shot to make a NFL practice squad.

DraftBoy
06-28-2011, 11:00 AM
How about players with an actual shot to make a NFL practice squad.

This isn't about that. Again you fail to see the point.

This has little to nothing to do with the actual draft. This is for people who enjoy local football, and gives them a place to possibly talk about some local players who are in the 2012 draft class.

I understand that's not for everybody however some actually do have an interest in them. If you want to talk about players from bigger conferences or divisions, feel free to start your own thread.