• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

When FA begins who are we going after ?

IMO we need LB's and OT's.... upgrades

Not much on the LB front but there are a few.. T position seems loaded and I can see the Bills definitley bringing in a T...

1. Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, Oakland Raiders: He is the top player on any list regardless of years of service. He will get a top-dollar deal, one that might make him the highest-paid defensive player in the league.

2. Charles Johnson, DE, Carolina Panthers: At 24, he is coming off his best season and one of the best by a defensive end last season. He had 11 ½ sacks, and he was around the quarterback a lot. He's also good against the run.

3. Johnathan Joseph, CB, Cincinnati Bengals: He didn't have a great season in 2010, but he's still at top cover player who can play man coverage, which makes him valuable.

4. Ray Edwards, DE, Minnesota Vikings: His best sack season came in 2009 when he had 8½, followed by eight last season. But some team is going to pay him big money because he's got the potential for more, and he plays a value position. He's also pretty good holding up against the run, which means he can play either right or left end.

5. Sidney Rice, WR, Minnesota Vikings: He had a breakout season in 2009, but he missed the first part of 2010 with a hip injury. That might be a concern, although he did come back and play well.

6. Eric Weddle, S, San Diego Chargers: He is a rangy safety in a league that craves them. Weddle is a former corner, which speaks to his pass-coverage skills. He will be a wanted commodity.

7. Zach Miller, TE, Oakland Raiders: He led the Raiders with 60 catches last season despite missing time with a foot injury. He would put up even bigger numbers if the passing game around him was better.

8. Brandon Mebane, DT, Seattle Seahawks: At 26, he has been a good starter for the Seahawks the past four seasons. He is a perfect 4-3 defensive tackle. Seattle would love to have him back.

9. Carlos Rogers, CB, Washington Redskins: He's been a good, sound starter for the past four years. He doesn't get a lot of picks -- bad hands -- but he is around the football.

10. Tyson Clabo, T, Atlanta Falcons: He's a tough-guy right tackle who makes up for his lack of athletic ability with a fighter's mentality. He uses all the tricks of the trade.

11. Michael Huff, S, Oakland Raiders: He was able to void his contract, which puts him on the market at the right time -- coming off his best season. He is a cover safety who improved in all areas last season.

12. Jared Gaither, T, Baltimore Ravens: He missed the 2010 season, but he is a young, athletic tackle who is a good pass protector. The Ravens missed him last season.

13. Marshal Yanda, T, Baltimore Ravens: Yanda can play both guard and tackle, which will help his value. He played well at right tackle last season, but I think he can be a Pro Bowl guard. The money, though, is at tackle.

14. Doug Free, T, Dallas Cowboys: He took over as the starter at left tackle last season and was the Cowboys best lineman. Was it a one-year thing or a sign of things to come? The Cowboys want him back.

15. Paul Posluszny, LB, Buffalo Bills: He's not a great athlete, but he's an instinctive player who has a nose for the football. He is a good, solid starter, but nothing more.

16. Antonio Cromartie, CB, New York Jets: He is a tall, lanky corner who can excel playing man coverage. But he gives up a lot of plays and gets a ton of penalties. The skill set is certainly there for him to be a top corner, although he doesn't tackle well.

17. Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, New York Giants: He's battled through some injury and fumbling problems, but he's a good runner who is just 25 years old. He averaged 5.4 per carry last season. The Giants would love to have him back -- at the right price.

18. Stephen Tulloch, LB, Tennessee Titans: He was a tackling machine for the Titans in 2010. He is a smart, heady player who knows how to find the football.

19. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Carolina Panthers: He had a career-low 361 yards last season as he missed time with injuries. He is 28 now, so that might be a concern for a team looking to give him a long-term deal. Backs have a tendency to fade when they hit 30.

20. Jammal Brown, T, Washington Redskins: This former left tackle moved to the right side in his first season with the Redskins and did a decent job. He might be wanted as a left tackle, which would help his value.

21. Jason Babin, DE, Tennessee Titans: He is coming off a breakout season for the Titans. This former Texans first-round pick (2004) had 12½ sacks and played the run well. Can he do it again?

22. Cullen Jenkins, DE, Green Bay Packers: Jenkins is a rare 3-4 end who can rush the passer. He might move inside for a 4-3 team. The Packers would love to have him back but he should be a hot commodity when the market opens.

23. Santonio Holmes, WR, New York Jets: He has some baggage -- see four-game suspension by the league for violating the league's policy on substance abuse -- but there is no denying he is talented. He had 52 catches last season, but made a lot of big ones. The issue is whether he's worth the risk.

24. Barry Cofield, DT, New York Giants: He was one of the Giants' better defenders in 2010. He is a good player against the run and at 27 he has some good football left his body.

25. Brent Grimes, CB, Atlanta Falcons: This smallish corner led the Falcons in picks with five and earned high praise from scouts. He is a fighter who doesn't back down from a challenge. He is a good leaper, which helps offset his 5-9 size.

26. Davin Joseph, G, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: He is a mauler in the run game who missed five games last season after breaking his foot. Joseph struggles at times with quick tackles in pass protection. He was better in 2007 and 2008 than he was the past two seasons.

27. Stephen Bowen, DT, Dallas Cowboys: He is an aggressive up-field end who is coming of his best season at the right time. Look for the 3-4 teams to bid his price up. He's a real free-agent sleeper.

28. Malcom Floyd, WR, San Diego Chargers: At 6-5, he has the speed to stretch a defense. He averaged 19.4 yards per catch last season, which shows his big-play ability. He will be 30 when the season begins, which is a bit of a concern.

29. James Anderson, OLB, Carolina Panthers: He is one of the more underrated players in the league. Anderson had his best season in 2010 and might be ready to cash in on it.

30. Braylon Edwards, WR, New York Jets: He averaged 17.1 yards per catch last season, which shows his big-play ability. He also had seven touchdown catches. He has improved on cutting down his drops.

31. Quintin Mikell, S, Philadelphia Eagles: He is a solid player, but he's 30 and he isn't a difference maker. He isn't a rangy safety, which sometimes shows up. He missed tackles last season.

32. Chris Carr, CB, Baltimore Ravens: He was a 16-game starter in 2010 and showed great improvement. He is 28, so he has some good years left. He is also a return man.

33. Aubrayo Franklin, NT, San Francisco 49ers: This run-stuffing nose tackle was given the franchise tag in 2009, but the 49ers passed on that this time around. He is a good run player, and he improved as a penetrating rusher.

34. Ike Taylor, CB, Pittsburgh Steelers: He is 31, so age is a bit of a concern. But he played some of his best football last season. He fits in a scheme similar to the Steelers, who use a lot of zone. He did play more man at times last season and did a nice job.

35. Jermon Bushrod, T, New Orleans Saints: He was the starting left tackle the past two years and has improved. The question is whether he is anything more than just a solid player. If teams think he is, he could cash in big.

36. Justin Blalock, G, Atlanta Falcons: He outplayed fellow free-agent guard Harvey Dahl last season, which is why the Falcons want him back. He is good in the run game but has improved in pass protection. That gives him the edge over Dahl.

37. Kevin Burnett, ILB, San Diego Chargers: He is coming off his best season and with teams moving to more 3-4 he will have a market.

38. Barrett Ruud, LB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: I had him ranked higher on an earlier list, but after evaluating him I am not as high on him. He's a good player, not a great one. He does have a knack for getting to the football, but he sometimes isn't as good in coverage.

39. Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, New York Giants: He played in only three games because of a neck injury, but he had a sack in each one. When he's healthy -- and that's the key -- he's a good pass rusher.

40. Lance Moore, WR, New Orleans Saints: He is the perfect slot receiver, a tough guy who isn't afraid to go over the middle. He has emerged as a big part of the New Orleans offense, and now it's time he gets paid like it.

41. Willie Colon, T, Pittsburgh Steelers: He missed all of the 2010 season with a torn Achilles tendon, but he played well in 2009. He has done a nice job as a pass protector while also improving as a run blocker.

42. Dawan Landry, S, Baltimore Ravens: He is a good run-support safety, but he sometimes struggles in coverage. He's also been bothered by injuries, including a spinal injury in 2008.

43. Quincy Black, OLB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: He is a physical freak, a speedy, strong player who seems ready for big things. He missed five games with a broken wrist last season. He might be higher on this list at 27 years old if he didn't.

44. Manny Lawson, OLB, San Francisco 49ers: He was pretty good in 2010, better than the previous two seasons, but he doesn't get the sack numbers. That is a concern with a 3-4 rush linebacker. It doesn't look like the 49ers will bring him back.

45. Harvey Dahl, G, Atlanta Falcons: This nasty player is another who isn't great in terms of athletic ability but does a nice job compensating for it with his toughness. His play did drop off some in 2010.

46. Ray McDonald, DE, San Francisco 49ers: He is a 3-4 end who is just now coming into his own. With so many teams now playing that defense, he will get play on the market.

47. Santana Moss, WR, Washington Redskins: He caught 93 passes last season, but his best football is behind him. He isn't a No. 1 anymore, but he could help as a second or third option.

48. Clint Session, OLB, Indianapolis Colts: He missed much of the 2010 season with an elbow injury, but he was a standout in 2009. The Colts don't usually re-sign linebackers, so look for him to go.

49. Steve Smith, WR, New York Giants: He played in only nine games last season because of injuries, one to his knee. In 2009, he caught 107 passes, so he has the potential to put up good numbers as a slot receiver.

50. Josh Wilson, CB, Baltimore Ravens: He started the final nine games of 2010 and had a game-winning interception against the Texans. He has good speed and can play man coverage. At 26, he's the right age.

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: When FA begins who are we going after ?

Whitner!Whitner!

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

we arent going to do anything once a new CBA comes out. it'll take half a season for ralph and co to find the loopholes that get them out of doing things they are required to do.

ralph's only interest is to turn a profit with the team. he does not care to win and he's made that clear for the last 10 years.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

I downloaded a podcast the other day because it said interview with Chris Hairston. The podcast was out of Philly & the host said he thought the Bills got a steal drafting him in the 4th rnd. The host said he has great athletic ability & a great work ethic. He put up 33 reps of 225 lbs at the combine which was the most.

Hairston then came on the show, said he wanted to help the Bills win, was looking forward to blocking for CJ who he played with in College, & said he thinks the Bills will have one of the most exciting offenses in the NFL this year.

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

I would take S Michael Huff and TE Zach Miller.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

I think a back-up QB will be on top of the priority list.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mski
              • Mar 2006

i would love Huff, but i doubt anyone on the top 15 will want to come to Buffalo... back up QB will likely be the biggest name we sign
              RIP Tommy D!
              12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• ddaryl
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by King Bedard
                I think a back-up QB will be on top of the priority list.
                Yeah definitely..

could throw in TE as well
                Last edited by ddaryl; 06-28-2011, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                  We play to win the game!
                  • Oct 2009

Tyson Clabo or Gaither

Comment

• GreedoII
                    • Aug 2007

My concern is if this deal gets done there will be a furry of FA activity. Is this front office savvy enough to get organized and make moves and also competent enough to sign their rookies on time? That's what I will be anticipating. To see if this front office can keep up with the likes of NE/Pit/GB in terms of being prepared or will they just sit there and do nothing because they don't have the know how to do so?

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

Miller, Clabo, Gaither, and Yanda.

That's it.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by GreedoII
                        My concern is if this deal gets done there will be a furry of FA activity. Is this front office savvy enough to get organized and make moves and also competent enough to sign their rookies on time? That's what I will be anticipating. To see if this front office can keep up with the likes of NE/Pit/GB in terms of being prepared or will they just sit there and do nothing because they don't have the know how to do so?
                        pre-Nix no

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by GreedoII
                          What do you think they are doing right now?

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                            • Sep 2008

Whitner, Posluszny, Yanda, Colon, and Weddle. lol

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                              We play to win the game!
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Ed
                              What do you think they are doing right now?
                              playing bingo

Comment

Working...
                              X