X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wozrob11
    • Mar 2007

new stadium ????

fill me in here. So Ralph passes away a buffalo group buys the Bills . The bills stay in buffalo forever we throw the whole toronto thing in the toilet where it belongs. everthing is good, great , grand everyone is happy we even make it to the playoffs WOW. Are we then in the mix for a brand new retracting roof, plasmas everywhere state of the art stadium or is it gonna be remodel after remodel for Ralph Wilson Stadium .As a bills fan form CT that hasent been to the Ralph sence Bledsoe was QB i was just wondering with a new owner does that also come with a new stadium because everytime i hear about the bills stadium be it ESPN, online article ,NFL network or what ever it is followed by the word DUMP! like i said fill me in please
    IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST :op:
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: new stadium ????

OK so if that happens what would the Bills fans say when the tickets go up $250++ per year per ticket???????? Have to cover the expenses.....
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• wozrob11
      • Mar 2007

p.s 1992 afc wildcard game Bills VS Oilers is on NFL NETWORK greatest games right now!! GLORY DAYS!!!!
      Last edited by wozrob11; 06-28-2011, 07:40 PM.
      IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST :op:

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

I just don't see the city and the fans being able to afford a new stadium. This is one of the biggest reason why the long-term solvency of the Bills are in jeopardy after Wilson passes away.

We are in an old stadium now and can only get so many more miles out of it. Most likely any new owner would want a new stadium before they commit to Buffalo on a long-term basis.

For that to happen the already broke city would have to come up with a ton of money, taxes would probably be raised to help pay for it and without a doubt ticket prices would definitely go up dramatically.

We have a hard enough time selling out the stadium as it is and that's with the lowest prices in the league. If we even had to raise ticket prices to the league average it would hurt our attendance even more. There just isn't enough people with money in this area who will pay it especially if we are a losing team. If we are winning then we may but that would be hard to sustain a winning team.

And one of the biggest factors is the lack of big corporations in the area. The owners make most of their money on luxury boxes. There isn't enough big corporations in the area to support them amount of luxury boxes and the prices it would cost to attain one with a new stadium. We have trouble filling all of our luxury boxes as it is.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
          Will not tolerate vandalism.
          • Apr 2006

I tend to agree. As I mentioned before when the infamous Taylor was pitching his silly stadium-on-a-waterfall disaster waiting to happen, the Bills did one major thing right when they built Ralph Wilson Stadium. They built it into the ground-- it's essentially a hole. That makes it much stronger and more structurally sound than the typical above-ground NFL stadium, which will get you about 30 to 40 years. If you take a look at some of the other stadiums that were built like that, they have lasted a very long time. See, for instance, the Cramton Bowl in Alabama, which has been around since the 1920s. The Yale Bowl dates to before World War I. Michigan Stadium was built in 1926. The two L.A. stadiums-- the Coliseum and Rose Bowl-- both date to the 1920s and are at least partially underground. In-ground stadiums last a very long time compared to above-ground ones, so I simply don't see a team on a limited budget such as Buffalo splurging on a modern stadium that won't last them very long. In fact, I think they've said as much, that the only thing keeping the team profitable is the fact that they don't have a huge new stadium bill to pay off.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by wozrob11
            fill me in here. So Ralph passes away a buffalo group buys the Bills . The bills stay in buffalo forever we throw the whole toronto thing in the toilet where it belongs. everthing is good, great , grand everyone is happy we even make it to the playoffs WOW. Are we then in the mix for a brand new retracting roof, plasmas everywhere state of the art stadium or is it gonna be remodel after remodel for Ralph Wilson Stadium .As a bills fan form CT that hasent been to the Ralph sence Bledsoe was QB i was just wondering with a new owner does that also come with a new stadium because everytime i hear about the bills stadium be it ESPN, online article ,NFL network or what ever it is followed by the word DUMP! like i said fill me in please
            I have never read an article or heard anyone on ESPN refer to the Ralph as a dump EVER one time.

What are you talking about? It is a great stadium IMO.

Perfect for football but without all those gay unnecessary bells and whistles.

A new stadium would be good I suppose but only needed to add more luxury boxes to gain revenue.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              We have trouble filling all of our luxury boxes as it is.
              Do we?

I see people bring this up all the time but is it actually true? It may be I am seriously asking here.

As I seem to have to bring up every time this subject is brought up the company I work for is the largest technology Disti in the world and not only is it a fortune 100 company we sell products for every major tech vendor under the sun such as Microsoft, Cisco, HP, IBM, Dell etc. Most of which buy tickets and many of which have boxes for Bills and Sabres. While these companies aren't headquartered here they still have a presence.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by wozrob11
                Not without Toronto. The Bills, whether we like it or not have to be a multi-regional team in order to survive in this new NFL economy. Cutting out a provider of revenue will cause this team to eventually move regardless of success. That is the reality of the situation here.
                Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 06-29-2011, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

What are you talking about? It is a great stadium IMO.

Perfect for football but without all those gay unnecessary bells and whistles.
                  I agree with you. Since they updated the scoreboard, the on-the-field experience is as good as any in the league (although the sound needed an upgrade the last time I was there), and that's the most important thing.

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't see it that way. An NFL game has become an event, not just a football game, and for many people, that's part of the draw. Fair or not, the Bills' stadium is being compared to all the stadiums that do have the bells and whistles.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i hate this "stadium isn't good enough". The NFL wants to replace the freaking georgia dome.

Let's use the resources we've got. the stadium has another 20 years in it through proper maintence.

luxury box revenue or not, we aren't filling more boxes. for a buffalo team to work, they need the 70,000 seats to cover the fact that there aren't enough big money companies to buy boxes.

i believe buffalo will get a new stadium in about 10-15 years.... crappier towns have built stadiums. the state will bail us out because building a new stadium in buffalo is much cheaper than building one elsewhere.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      I agree with you. Since they updated the scoreboard, the on-the-field experience is as good as any in the league (although the sound needed an upgrade the last time I was there), and that's the most important thing.

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't see it that way. An NFL game has become an event, not just a football game, and for many people, that's part of the draw. Fair or not, the Bills' stadium is being compared to all the stadiums that do have the bells and whistles.
                      Yep bunch a douchebags that need constant music playing and Neon lights flashing.

I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE that crap. I don't even think they need improved sound. It is perfect to me. I am there to watch football.

Those douchebag fans are part of the problem with why the NFL will go down the tubes as a real sport in the future.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

thurm, there is somethign to say about the new stadiums though (aside from the price).

I was at the cardinals game where trent's career was effectively ended and at the jets stadium openner last year. Those stadiums give you a five star treatment.

imagine going to the bathroom and not feeling like a pig at a trough.
                        imagine not watching people pee in the sink because they are too drunk to know the difference.
                        Imagine having enough gates that you can scan your way through in about 6 minutes.

But you pay a premium for that. at ralph wilson, i sit on the 50 yard line, 2 rows below the press box on the bills side. I pay $90 a ticket for those seats. i sat three rows behind god at the cardinals game. I paid $125 per ticket.

I personally like ralph wilson stadium. i like how close the crowd is to the field. that's an old school thing. and the jets stadium has box access to everyone who sits in the middle bowl. so when it rains and snows people scurry indoors. imagine in the middle of winter when your team needs you the most and a bunch of people are sitting inside with their face pressed to the glass. That's not good for the game.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          Yep bunch a douchebags that need constant music playing and Neon lights flashing.

I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE that crap. I don't even think they need improved sound. It is perfect to me. I am there to watch football.

Those douchebag fans are part of the problem with why the NFL will go down the tubes as a real sport in the future.
                          the last time I was in the upper deck, you couldn't even hear the announcements about plays, down and distance, etc. That's the only reason I say the sound needs to be fixed.

That being said, it's been 5 or 6 years since I've sat up there and they may have fixed it already.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• malvado78
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            imagine not watching people pee in the sink because they are too drunk to know the difference.
                            FYI the drunk people clearly know the difference... They CHOOSE to pee in the sink...

Comment

• Dujek
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by malvado78
                              FYI the drunk people clearly know the difference... They CHOOSE to pee in the sink...
                              I've been in some stadiums where the sober people choose to pee in the sink because the urinals are so disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                              X