PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on?

OpIv37
06-30-2011, 08:28 AM
The Sabres traded for the rights to Regehr, then signed Gerbe.

Last night on the NHL network, they had about a segment about the Sabres that probably went close to 10 minutes. It started with a phone interview with Gerbe about the new contract, the Portland/Rochester situation and some general NHL chat, then they went on to talk about the Sabres FA/cap situation.

Then today, I see the Sabres got the rights to Ehrhoff, who was one of the FA targets mentioned for the Sabres on NHLN.

There is still no guarantee that these moves will pan out, and there is no guarantee the Sabres will make a huge FA splash tomorrow like we are expecting, but for once, a Buffalo team is working hard to improve, money be damned. And they're actually getting positive attention from national media.

It feels like a Buffalo team actually gives a **** for the first time since the Bills signed Sam Adams, Spikes and Fletcher. It's a good feeling- just one I'm not used to.

The King
06-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Ehrhoff was awful in the Finals... he was like -10 or something.

trapezeus
06-30-2011, 08:31 AM
when luongo is letting in 8 goals in one game and 3 consecutive shots, it's hard to be a plus anything. and then factor in that tim thomas stood on his head for the most part, that's not surprising. i'd rather hear how he did through the playoffs as a whole. not just the cup finals.

The King
06-30-2011, 08:33 AM
I can only tell you what I saw in the finals. Mighty could probably give you better insight as to the rest of his post season.

Mski
06-30-2011, 08:38 AM
they said on GR this morning that Bos was looking to deal the rights to Kaberle

OpIv37
06-30-2011, 08:38 AM

He was +19 on the year and +36 in 09-10. He's only had one minus year in his entire career.

The entire Vancouver team choked in that series. If you want to base decisions solely on 1 playoff series, Marc-Andre Gragnani was even and had 7 points in 7 games against Philly. Better sign him to a $3 million a year contract.

OpIv37
06-30-2011, 08:41 AM

He's 32, we have enough defensemen, and I hate trades within the division, so I'll pass on that.

Jan Reimers
06-30-2011, 08:57 AM
I think he had a shoulder injury - or maybe some other injury - in the final series against Boston. It makes sense, because he was really good in the regular season and the early playoff rounds.

THATHURMANATOR
06-30-2011, 09:14 AM
The Sabres traded for the rights to Regehr, then signed Gerbe.

Last night on the NHL network, they had about a segment about the Sabres that probably went close to 10 minutes. It started with a phone interview with Gerbe about the new contract, the Portland/Rochester situation and some general NHL chat, then they went on to talk about the Sabres FA/cap situation.

Then today, I see the Sabres got the rights to Ehrhoff, who was one of the FA targets mentioned for the Sabres on NHLN.

There is still no guarantee that these moves will pan out, and there is no guarantee the Sabres will make a huge FA splash tomorrow like we are expecting, but for once, a Buffalo team is working hard to improved, money be damned. And they're actually getting positive attention from national media.

It feels like a Buffalo team actually gives a **** for the first time since the Bills signed Sam Adams, Spikes and Fletcher. It's a good feeling- just one I'm not used to.
:hi5: amen Op!

The King
06-30-2011, 09:16 AM

I'm not surprised. He was a major bust in the Bruins system. The power play actually got worse with him. We have a guy in Providence that can definitely step in for him. He's going to make huge money in this market though.

ct bills fan
06-30-2011, 09:39 AM
when luongo is letting in 8 goals in one game and 3 consecutive shots, it's hard to be a plus anything. and then factor in that tim thomas stood on his head for the most part, that's not surprising. i'd rather hear how he did through the playoffs as a whole. not just the cup finals.

He (ehrhoff) was playing with a very bad shoulder too. Don't let 7 games overshadow 3 years of quality stats

trapezeus
06-30-2011, 09:58 AM
WTF with the sabres and WTF is with Jan's double and triple postings? :-)

OpIv37
06-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Also, another bi-product of this is that the Bills form is very boring by comparison. It's probably partly because of the lockout and the lack of news, but with the Sabres, I feel like we're watching the team get better instead of just hoping the team gets better.

Dr. Lecter
06-30-2011, 11:46 AM

And, more shockingly, WTF is with Op's positive attitude?

I am predicting end times or something!

OpIv37
06-30-2011, 11:47 AM

Hey, I call it as I see it. For a long time, there has been nothing but negative from the Bills and the Sabres. Right now, I see some positive things going on, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

SabreEleven
06-30-2011, 11:53 AM

Can we get a Stanley Cup first?

Jan Reimers
06-30-2011, 12:17 PM
This site - or my computer - was all f'ed up this morning and wouldn't seem to let me submit my reply, so I kept hitting the button. I guess a few too many times.

Mski
06-30-2011, 12:19 PM
just saw photos from the Regehr presser... he's wearing shorts and flip flops

Philagape
06-30-2011, 10:53 PM
I think this proves what some have been saying in response to the perennial excuse of "He didn't want to play here!"
If you have a franchise that's committed to doing whatever it takes to win, players will want to be here. Nothing draws like that.

chernobylwraiths
07-01-2011, 05:36 AM
Hey, I call it as I see it. For a long time, there has been nothing but negative from the Bills and the Sabres. Right now, I see some positive things going on, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

This alone could backfire on the Sabres, bad.