• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

WTF is going on?

The Sabres traded for the rights to Regehr, then signed Gerbe.

Last night on the NHL network, they had about a segment about the Sabres that probably went close to 10 minutes. It started with a phone interview with Gerbe about the new contract, the Portland/Rochester situation and some general NHL chat, then they went on to talk about the Sabres FA/cap situation.

Then today, I see the Sabres got the rights to Ehrhoff, who was one of the FA targets mentioned for the Sabres on NHLN.

There is still no guarantee that these moves will pan out, and there is no guarantee the Sabres will make a huge FA splash tomorrow like we are expecting, but for once, a Buffalo team is working hard to improve, money be damned. And they're actually getting positive attention from national media.

It feels like a Buffalo team actually gives a **** for the first time since the Bills signed Sam Adams, Spikes and Fletcher. It's a good feeling- just one I'm not used to.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 06-30-2011, 09:43 AM.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: WTF is going on?

Ehrhoff was awful in the Finals... he was like -10 or something.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

when luongo is letting in 8 goals in one game and 3 consecutive shots, it's hard to be a plus anything. and then factor in that tim thomas stood on his head for the most part, that's not surprising. i'd rather hear how he did through the playoffs as a whole. not just the cup finals.

Comment

• The King
        • Jun 2004

I can only tell you what I saw in the finals. Mighty could probably give you better insight as to the rest of his post season.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Mski
          • Mar 2006

they said on GR this morning that Bos was looking to deal the rights to Kaberle
          RIP Tommy D!
          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
            He was +19 on the year and +36 in 09-10. He's only had one minus year in his entire career.

The entire Vancouver team choked in that series. If you want to base decisions solely on 1 playoff series, Marc-Andre Gragnani was even and had 7 points in 7 games against Philly. Better sign him to a $3 million a year contract.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mski
              He's 32, we have enough defensemen, and I hate trades within the division, so I'll pass on that.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
                I think he had a shoulder injury - or maybe some other injury - in the final series against Boston. It makes sense, because he was really good in the regular season and the early playoff rounds.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  The Sabres traded for the rights to Regehr, then signed Gerbe.

Last night on the NHL network, they had about a segment about the Sabres that probably went close to 10 minutes. It started with a phone interview with Gerbe about the new contract, the Portland/Rochester situation and some general NHL chat, then they went on to talk about the Sabres FA/cap situation.

Then today, I see the Sabres got the rights to Ehrhoff, who was one of the FA targets mentioned for the Sabres on NHLN.

There is still no guarantee that these moves will pan out, and there is no guarantee the Sabres will make a huge FA splash tomorrow like we are expecting, but for once, a Buffalo team is working hard to improved, money be damned. And they're actually getting positive attention from national media.

It feels like a Buffalo team actually gives a **** for the first time since the Bills signed Sam Adams, Spikes and Fletcher. It's a good feeling- just one I'm not used to.
                  amen Op!

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mski
                    I'm not surprised. He was a major bust in the Bruins system. The power play actually got worse with him. We have a guy in Providence that can definitely step in for him. He's going to make huge money in this market though.
                    Last edited by The King; 06-30-2011, 09:29 AM.
                    It was all

Comment

• ct bills fan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      when luongo is letting in 8 goals in one game and 3 consecutive shots, it's hard to be a plus anything. and then factor in that tim thomas stood on his head for the most part, that's not surprising. i'd rather hear how he did through the playoffs as a whole. not just the cup finals.
                      He (ehrhoff) was playing with a very bad shoulder too. Don't let 7 games overshadow 3 years of quality stats
                      Last edited by ct bills fan; 06-30-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

WTF with the sabres and WTF is with Jan's double and triple postings? :-)

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Also, another bi-product of this is that the Bills form is very boring by comparison. It's probably partly because of the lockout and the lack of news, but with the Sabres, I feel like we're watching the team get better instead of just hoping the team gets better.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            WTF with the sabres and WTF is with Jan's double and triple postings? :-)

And, more shockingly, WTF is with Op's positive attitude?

I am predicting end times or something!
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                              And, more shockingly, WTF is with Op's positive attitude?

I am predicting end times or something!
                              Hey, I call it as I see it. For a long time, there has been nothing but negative from the Bills and the Sabres. Right now, I see some positive things going on, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X