• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Philly may be interested in signing Stamkos to an offer sheet

There have been several reports out of Philadelphia stating the Flyers' interest in sending Stamkos an offer sheet (reportedly estimated at 12 years and $115 million); but there are also questions of whether the Flyers have enough room under the $64.3 million salary cap to submit such an offer.
    Would be interesting who would be let go to fit Stamkos in.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Philly may be interested in signing Stamkos to an offer sheet

I'll take Briere from them.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

WTF is Philly doing? They already had to trade Carter and Mike Richards to make cap room for their goalie.

Who else are they going to have to give up to cram Stamkos under the cap? This could be one step forward, two steps back for them.

Either that, or they are just trying to drive up the price so a division team doesn't sign him.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        WTF is Philly doing? They already had to trade Carter and Mike Richards to make cap room for their goalie.

Who else are they going to have to give up to cram Stamkos under the cap? This could be one step forward, two steps back for them.

Either that, or they are just trying to drive up the price so a division team doesn't sign him.
        I'd be more than fine with Philly setting themselves back. This is what happens when you pile on the salaries to make a run though. You basically get a 2 year window to win the Cup, and then you're boned.

Comment

• Mski
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
          I'd be more than fine with Philly setting themselves back. This is what happens when you pile on the salaries to make a run though. You basically get a 2 year window to win the Cup, and then you're boned.
          see chicago
          RIP Tommy D!
          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
            Oh I don't care if Philly self-destructs either.

I'm just trying to figure out if they have some strategy that I'm missing here, because Philly was pretty good last year. They should be acting like a team that needs to add those one or two missing pieces to be true Cup contenders, but instead they're acting like a rebuilding team that's still trying to get over the hump.

I just can't understand why they'd ditch Richards and Carter to fix their cap, then sign Stamkos and immediately **** it up again. The talent increase doesn't justify that.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

Originally posted by Mski
              see chicago
              Except they actually won the Cup.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Stamkos aint leaving TB.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

and philly's issue was goaltending. they had the team to score and work magic there, but their goalie situation was terrible. now they have a mid level goalie and no leadership. it's a mess.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

They got solid play from no name goalies in 09, thinking they could get away with it...
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                      • Dec 2002

See Vancouver
                      Skate Zilla
                      -----------------------
                      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                        Closet Bills Fan
                        • Nov 2004

tpanotchCSN Tim Panaccio by wyshynski

The Stamkos Saga ends for #flyers:http://bit.ly/k6C5XH

j-e-t-s
                        jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Mski
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by CuseJetsFan83
                          tpanotchCSN Tim Panaccio by wyshynski

The Stamkos Saga ends for #flyers:http://bit.ly/k6C5XH
                          their GM said they wont be sending out any offer sheets
                          RIP Tommy D!
                          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

Working...
                          X