PDA

View Full Version : What are your expectation for this guy?

acehole
07-04-2011, 09:44 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Expectations-for-Easley/1b62644b-509a-44c1-8e9f-9dde4d1c16a1

"Fully healthy since late December, Easley enters the 2011 campaign much like a rookie having never suited up for Buffalo. Hixon however, believes the tall and speedy wideout is better equipped than the average rookie this year."

I think he could be a monster in the slot....

djjimkelly
07-04-2011, 09:48 AM
ill be happy if he catches 25 balls if we somehow get a 16 game schedule

he seems like a talent for sure however no OTAs no reps with anyone in a true organized manner.

we will be lucky to have him catch 2 a game come week 7 thru 17

Ginger Vitis
07-04-2011, 10:02 AM
My expectations are he is the No.4 receiver starting the season

better days
07-04-2011, 10:38 AM
I think he will be a great weapon to have when 1st downs are needed. I don't expect a ton of catches this year, but expect some big ones that keep drives alive.

Night Train
07-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Goes without saying he's raw but this was the key comment that makes one hope.

What Easley showed that convinced Hixon and other members of Buffalo’s offensive staff that big things are possible was his uncanny knack in getting behind the defense for big plays in practices through the spring and early summer last year.

OpIv37
07-04-2011, 02:53 PM
I think this board has a bad habit of getting man-crushes on guys who haven't proven anything.

He has a lot of potential, but potential is just a fancy way of saying "he hasn't done **** yet." If they gave trophies for potential, the Bills would win every year. It's realizing that potential where we fail.

FlyingDutchman
07-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Stevie Johnson has been singing his praises saying he looks physically like a beast, and is picking things up quickly. Lets hope for the best

Ebenezer
07-04-2011, 02:55 PM
I think this board has a bad habit of getting man-crushes on guys who haven't proven anything.

He has a lot of potential, but potential is just a fancy way of saying "he hasn't done **** yet." If they gave trophies for potential, the Bills would win every year. It's realizing that potential where we fail.
I'll second that.

Also, with the lockout I can't get excited about anybody.

FlyingDutchman
07-04-2011, 02:57 PM

Man crushes? all people are saying is they think this kid could be good sheesh man relax

SaviorEdwards
07-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Right now he's on the Hardy II plan.

YardRat
07-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I expect him to have somewhere between a Nelson 'break-out' and a Johnson 'break-out' season. I don't think that's too much too ask.

ServoBillieves
07-04-2011, 11:35 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm actually kind of glad he was put on IR last season. Him being on the bench while Nelson, D. Jones and Naaman got some playing time really made it so he's expendable/needs to prove that a kid that young who hasn't seen a down in the NFL needs to prove something.

Freak of nature? Physical specimen? Great, but when the billionaire/millionaires want to figure out where they spend their money, I'll be waiting to see where he ends up. I hope the kid pans out so that Johnson/Evans/Parrish/Easely can be a great looking receiving corp, but the guy needs to play a down and prove he's better than Nelson and Jones.

better days
07-05-2011, 12:23 AM

Well, a segment of this board has a bad habit of blaming this front office for failures of the past that they had no part of.

streetkings01
07-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Goes without saying he's raw but this was the key comment that makes one hope.

What Easley showed that convinced Hixon and other members of Buffalo’s offensive staff that big things are possible was his uncanny knack in getting behind the defense for big plays in practices through the spring and early summer last year.Sounds like he could be be for us what Chris Henry was for the Bengals.

justasportsfan
07-05-2011, 10:28 AM

Exaggerate much?

Dr. Lecter
07-05-2011, 10:45 AM
110 receptions, 1700 yards, 18 TDs.

justasportsfan
07-05-2011, 11:00 AM
typical pessimist.

Ebenezer
07-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Exaggerate much?

Really?? There people on here who think Danny Batten is the 2nd coming.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-05-2011, 11:05 AM
My expectations are he is the No.4 receiver starting the season

Nope, he will be behind Evans, Stevie, Nelson and Scoe.

justasportsfan
07-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Really?? There people on here who think Danny Batten is the 2nd coming.

Really? Haven't heard anyone saying he's sure to make probowl. Besides, I was talking about Beasely.

OpIv37
07-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Exaggerate much?

nope- go do a search on Easley.

Every time his name comes up, people on this board are slobbering all over him. Why? Because he had a few good weeks of camp last year, and because we got him in the 5th round and some draft "guru" said he should have been a 3rd round pick.

I hope he does well, but I think people on this board are expecting too much.

Ebenezer
07-05-2011, 11:40 AM

Every time his name comes up, people on this board are slobbering all over him. Why? Because he had a few good weeks of camp last year, and because we got him in the 5th round and some draft "guru" said he should have been a 3rd round pick.

As people do Batten...as they did Wang...and several others who busted out. That is what happens when a team sucks for so long. Fans start looking at low round draft choices as saviors. We never once thought anything of guys drafted in rounds 4-12 when the Bills were great. If the guy panned out, great! If not, so what.

justasportsfan
07-05-2011, 11:44 AM

just because people see potential it doesn't mean they have a man crush on anyone. If I say that Fitz could potentially be better this year does that mean I have a man crush on the guy even though I still think we need a franchise qb?

justasportsfan
07-05-2011, 11:45 AM
As people do Batten...as they did Wang...and several others who busted out. That is what happens when a team sucks for so long. Fans start looking at low round draft choices as saviors. We never once thought anything of guys drafted in rounds 4-12 when the Bills were great. If the guy panned out, great! If not, so what.

another exaggeration. Show me where anyone called Wang and Batten saviors.

FlyingDutchman
07-05-2011, 11:46 AM

I saw people hoping for like 25 catches and for him to compete as the slot or number 4 receiver....thats slobbering?

Ebenezer
07-05-2011, 11:49 AM
another exaggeration. Show me where anyone called Wang and Batten saviors.

Go back and read the threads about those guys. Saviors may be an overstatement but the love fest is there. There are guys who just cling on to low round draft picks too much.

justasportsfan
07-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Go back and read the threads about those guys. Saviors may be an overstatement but the love fest is there. .

there you go. Thats all I'm saying.

There are guys who just cling on to low round draft picks too much.
I have yet to see anyone say they are probowl players.

Ebenezer
07-05-2011, 11:56 AM
there you go. Thats all I'm saying.

I have yet to see anyone say they are probowl players.

You are arguing over syntax. Here is your answer to what should be expected out of any draft choice made in rounds 3-7 - NOTHING. Other than a thread announcing there being drafted and information about their past there really shouldn't ever be a thread about these guys until they make the team and start contributing. Anything over that is a lovefest.

justasportsfan
07-05-2011, 12:05 PM
You are arguing over syntax. Here is your answer to what should be expected out of any draft choice made in rounds 3-7 - NOTHING. Other than a thread announcing there being drafted and information about their past there really shouldn't ever be a thread about these guys until they make the team and start contributing. Anything over that is a lovefest.

I guess there shouldn't be any expectations from Stevie because he was drafted in the later rounds.

People like Gailey said he expects Sheppard to compete for the job so I guess he has a lovefest for Sheppard then. :scared:

I guess our definitions of lovefest differ.

Ebenezer
07-05-2011, 12:07 PM
I guess there shouldn't be any expectations from Stevie because he was drafted in the later rounds.

People like Gailey said he expects Sheppard to compete for the job so I guess he has a lovefest for Sheppard then. :scared:

1. Johnson panned out. Talk about him all you want.
2. Gailey is the coach. He can talk a guy up all he wants.

FlyingDutchman
07-05-2011, 12:12 PM

according to OP we should be expecting players from those rounds to replace Poz at starting LB and it will make us better :coocoo:

justasportsfan
07-05-2011, 12:27 PM
1. Johnson panned out. Talk about him all you want.
2. Gailey is the coach. He can talk a guy up all he wants.
because guys like Stevie , Kyle , Flectcher, Peters, Brady have paaned out, any thread about late draft picks with low expectation is a lovefest? If thats your defintion nothing I can do.

Am I allowed to have expectations of David Nelson or Roosevelt or would that be a lovefest or man crush?

Ebenezer
07-05-2011, 12:31 PM
because guys like Stevie , Kyle , Flectcher, Peters, Brady have paaned out, any thread about late draft picks with low expectation is a lovefest? If thats your defintion nothing I can do.

Am I allowed to have expectations of David Nelson or Roosevelt or would that be a lovefest or man crush?

You are allowed to have any crush you want. Expecting anything out of the ordinary from those guys is pointless. When they produce then you can hav a field day. I personally don't care about the 52nd guy on the roster. That's the coaches job. Any speculation on the fans part, especially during the offseason, would be mental masturbation.

justasportsfan
07-05-2011, 01:21 PM
You are allowed to have any crush you want. Expecting anything out of the ordinary from those guys is pointless. When they produce then you can hav a field day. I personally don't care about the 52nd guy on the roster. That's the coaches job. Any speculation on the fans part, especially during the offseason, would be mental masturbation.

So if I expect Sheppard to compete for the job , it's a man crush/lovefest. Gotcha.

acehole
07-05-2011, 03:42 PM
:popcorn:

Jan Reimers
07-06-2011, 10:27 AM

I'm not guilty of expecting too much. I simply know that he is the second coming of Jerry Rice. Write it down.

acehole
07-06-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm not guilty of expecting too much. I simply know that he is the second coming of Jerry Rice. Write it down.

Maybe we can still pair him up with the second coming of Joe Montana in Trend Edwards and we may have something there...

JCBills
07-06-2011, 05:50 PM

Lol, up until this post nobody said anything that would indicate a "man crush".

elltrain22
07-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I have cautious optimism about this kid. He could be a Stevie Johnson clone, or he could be another schlep that we've drafted.

X-Era
07-06-2011, 06:42 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Expectations-for-Easley/1b62644b-509a-44c1-8e9f-9dde4d1c16a1

"Fully healthy since late December, Easley enters the 2011 campaign much like a rookie having never suited up for Buffalo. Hixon however, believes the tall and speedy wideout is better equipped than the average rookie this year."

I think he could be a monster in the slot....I anticipate him displacing Donald Jones as our #5 WR behind Evans, Johnson, Parrish, and Nelson.

acehole
07-08-2011, 08:17 PM
I Think he breaks past. He looked like a man amongst boys before injury....I wrote a post about writing on wall for lee evans and got lambasted...his film is sick and he is a much better fit for this offense then Lee Evans ...so I am realistic but I expect they have major plans for him in this offense.

I anticipate him displacing Donald Jones as our #5 WR behind Evans, Johnson, Parrish, and Nelson.

Mr. Pink
07-08-2011, 08:46 PM
There hasn't even been FA yet. Why not wait and temper your expectations of how someone will do after FA is taken care of. Because if for whatever reason we sign a veteran FA WR, it wouldn't surprise me if Easley doesn't even make the team.

As it stands now, I'm in agreement with X, 5th WR.

Anything over like 10 catches would shock me.

The Popcorn
07-09-2011, 10:45 AM

I think he could be a monster in the slot....

He's no TO.

Captain gameboy
07-09-2011, 11:28 AM

Pro Bowl.

Spot on the wall.

Leads a post Chavez Venezuela.

TigerJ
07-11-2011, 01:19 PM
He may have a pretty high ceiling, but he has to get off the injury track, and even then it may take a while to get there. I'm cautiously optimistic he'll have modest production this year. 2012 is when he may get a chance to shine.

better days
07-11-2011, 02:28 PM
There hasn't even been FA yet. Why not wait and temper your expectations of how someone will do after FA is taken care of. Because if for whatever reason we sign a veteran FA WR, it wouldn't surprise me if Easley doesn't even make the team.

As it stands now, I'm in agreement with X, 5th WR.

Anything over like 10 catches would shock me.

Whatever reason indeed. I think it is highly doubtful the Bills sign a FA at the WR position, but if they did, they still would not cut Easley.

Mr. Pink
07-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Whatever reason indeed. I think it is highly doubtful the Bills sign a FA at the WR position, but if they did, they still would not cut Easley.

You're right on that one, he'd likely be put on the PS.

DraftBoy
07-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Pro Bowl.

Spot on the wall.

Leads a post Chavez Venezuela

Your.Best.Post.Ever.

acehole
07-11-2011, 08:57 PM
He's no TO.

He is no james Hardy either..

Extremebillsfan247
07-12-2011, 01:15 PM

I think he could be a monster in the slot....My expectation is that he will do well. We have a pretty decent stock of young receivers. My hope is that they all do well enough to make a difference on offense. JMO