PDA

View Full Version : Sekera Files for Arb.

SkateZilla
07-06-2011, 10:48 AM
TBH he'll be signed way before the hearing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-sabres-sekera

BUFFALO, New York (AP)—Buffalo Sabres defenseman Andrej Sekera(notes) has filed for salary arbitration, though the Slovakian player’s agent believes a long-term deal will be reached before a hearing takes place.

Allan Walsh told The Associated Press that his client filed for arbitration before the Tuesday deadline to preserve his rights as a restricted free agent. He adds negotiations will continue with the intention of having a deal completed within a few weeks.

Mski
07-07-2011, 01:39 PM
i think its a good move for him, he waited until the last moment to do it, and his agent has stated that they'll try to come to a resolution before the hearing.... just covering all his bases

tampabay25690
07-08-2011, 12:57 PM
I think he has a nice bright future......
I hope the Sabres lock him up for a long time...

ct bills fan
07-12-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't think there's room for Sekera; I would think the top 6 (in no order) are Regehr, Myers, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Weber and Gragnani. I know injuries happen, but, we have a ton of D prospects waiting to break through. I think they trade Sekera for around a 2nd rd pick or a forward prospect.

tampabay25690
07-13-2011, 07:53 PM
I don't think there's room for Sekera; I would think the top 6 (in no order) are Regehr, Myers, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Weber and Gragnani. I know injuries happen, but, we have a ton of D prospects waiting to break through. I think they trade Sekera for around a 2nd rd pick or a forward prospect.

Sekera will start in B-LO and Grag will prob start in Rochester..
We need depth..

ct bills fan
07-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Sekera will start in B-LO and Grag will prob start in Rochester..
We need depth..

I see your rationale, but Grag looked so good in the playoffs (I thought he was our best defenseman) and we have plenty of d depth with up and comers Psyk, McNabb, Scheitzel (spelling) there's one more I'm forgetting

chernobylwraiths
07-14-2011, 05:56 AM
I see your rationale, but Grag looked so good in the playoffs (I thought he was our best defenseman) and we have plenty of d depth with up and comers Psyk, McNabb, Scheitzel (spelling) there's one more I'm forgetting

TJ Brennen?

ct bills fan
07-14-2011, 01:03 PM
TJ Brennen?

YEP - Brennan. There's a lot of talent in our farm club at D