PDA

View Full Version : assuming we resign florence, who should start?

NOT THE DUDE...
07-10-2011, 03:51 PM
im not so sure. ive also heard a report from billsdailymb that on a las vegas radio show they said that mckelvin could be traded for tebow once the cba is put in place.... interesting. trade would make sense. they need a cb and we need a young qb/backup...

YardRat
07-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Let's see what happens in training camp and preseason before anointing starters. The jobs are up for grabs as far as I'm concerned.

Screw Tebow...still don't want him.

Mr. Pink
07-10-2011, 06:07 PM
As of right now...Florence and McKelvin.

TigerJ
07-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Hmm. Obviously nobody is certain who will or should start yet. My own suspicion is that McGee will start if he's healthy. I don't think Denver is especially in the mood to trade Tebow, nor is Buffalo really looking to acquire him. John Fox is on the record as saying it's more important to field a QB who can make plays on the field than one who is a good practice QB. Orton and Quinn are by the book QBs who will run the plays you want in practice but won't excite you on the field. Making plays on the field was Tebow's stock in trade at Florida. If someone is available from the Broncos. its more lilkely to be Quinn or Orton.

McGee is a known quantity and a solid cornerback, which is why I put him in the lead for starting across from Florence. McKelvin has yet to take the next step and show he can be a quality starter. However, I don't think it's impossible for Buffalo's coaching staff to decide when all is said and done to start Aaron Williams. The trend in the league is toward bigger receivers, and Williams has better size than both McGee and McKelvin to match up with bigger receivers. It's not at all unusual for a second round rookie to start at CB.

djjimkelly
07-10-2011, 11:52 PM
i love that mckelvin was the first to show up when lockout was lifted for a day or 2

im truly pulling for this kid to become a legit force he has the right work ethic and i like that hes in buffalo year round obviously

gotta love the will to put in the work!!!

tampabay25690
07-11-2011, 06:15 AM
I don't see Denver wanting McKelvin and giving up Tebow.
Tebow has a big upside...I would luv it though if it happened....

Extremebillsfan247
07-11-2011, 10:34 AM
im not so sure. ive also heard a report from billsdailymb that on a las vegas radio show they said that mckelvin could be traded for tebow once the cba is put in place.... interesting. trade would make sense. they need a cb and we need a young qb/backup... If healthy, Mcgee would be the starter. As far as McKelvin being traded for Tebow, I don't see it happening.

Jan Reimers
07-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Aaron Williams.

Night Train
07-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Aaron Williams.

I wonder if he's the next FS.

Byrd had a lot of bounces go his way in 2009 and then did nothing last year.