PDA

View Full Version : Which RBs will make the Bills final roster?

NC-BILLS44
06-24-2003, 01:30 PM
Here's the list from the website roster. How many will be kept and who will they be?

Sammy is the captain of the special teams and can player either RB or FB.

Olandis is a 1,000 yd rusher that has excepted his roll and will be a great backup.

Joe B. showed some flashes last year, but will he be the victim of too much talent at his position.

Travis is the man!!!

Ken S. was MVP of the NFL Europe and showed a lot of versatility and heart.

Willis will be on the PUP list.

De'Mond is the relative unknown trying to make the roster.

Who will it be??

31 Morris, Sammy RB 6-0 220 26 4 Texas Tech
38 Gary, Olandis RB 5-11 218 28 4 Georgia
35 Burns, Joe RB 5-9 215 23 2 Georgia Tech
20 Henry, Travis RB 5-9 215 24 3 Tennessee
40 Simonton, Ken RB 5-8 191 24 1 Oregon State
2 McGahee, Willis RB 6-0 228 21 R Miami
45 Parker, De'Mond RB 5-10 198 26 3 Oklahoma

G. Host
06-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Sammy, Gary and Henry make team

Simonton makes team on special teams or goes on PS if elgible.

McGahee goes on PUP list and Simonton gets cut or put on PS (if not active enough games) when/if McGahee gets on roster.

Parker and Burns cut in training camp

NC-BILLS44
06-24-2003, 02:19 PM
Who gets the axe when Willis comes back? Probably Simonton or Sammy.

WG
06-24-2003, 02:53 PM
Henry, Gary, Burns
Gash/Crosby

Simonton is too small to play in the NFL. He'd be nothing more than a Metcalf/Garner type, which may be useful, just not w/ Henry and McG here.

Morris gets cut, I'd wager big bucks on it. He's been around too long w/o contributing anything, even when he's in for an injured back as the F/T rusher.

Parker won't make it and McG will be on the PUP.

HenryRules
06-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Henry, Gary, Morris, Burns
Gash, Crosby.

I can't remember where, but I heard talk of Burns being thought of as a possibility in the return game. We initially went with 6 RB's last year, and I no moves that we've made lead me to believe that we'll do anything different this year. Burns is gone when McGahee comes back.

mypoorfriendme
06-24-2003, 04:27 PM
we cant just cut simonton after being named NFLE MVP. burns and parker will be cut for sure while simonton and sammy make their contributions on special teams or as trade bait maybe

HenryRules
06-24-2003, 04:34 PM
when Pringle was tearing up the CFL, he wasn't worthy of being in the NFL. When Lawrence Philips was tearing up NFLE, he wasn't worthy of being in the NFL (and not just because of his attitude, the guy really isn't that good of a back). Simonton is just a guy beating up on inferior talent, and I guarantee that after he goes to the CFL in a year or two, everyone will forget about him.

Besides, I think making an NFL team (like Burns did last year) is more indicative of talent than doing well against NFL castoffs (like Simonton).

Jan Reimers
06-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Henry, Gary, Morris because of STs, and Simonton if he can return kickoffs.

The Natrix
06-24-2003, 07:59 PM
Sammy isn't going anywhere. I don't know what you are talking about wys. Special teams was bad on several occasions. So why would it be wise to cut him?

The Natrix
06-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Gary is the pure runner backup. Bills do not need to think about "what if Henry and Gary are down at once."