X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wmoz11
    • Sep 2008

Poz to be on Sirius NFL Radio at 1PM

Heads-up to those of you on lunch or in the car/at home. Don't know if it's particularly thread-worthy, but I'm going to head down to my car and listen and will try to report back.
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: Poz to be on Sirius NFL Radio at 1PM

Reports are saying he wants to stay with the Bills, and I think the feeling is mutual. I think we'll see a tandem of him and Davis, with Sheppard spelling until eventually taking over the starter's spot from Davis.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

That's great to hear! I love Poz and really want him to stay in Buffalo! He's our best Linebacker by far and one of the best defenders on the team.

Comment

• wmoz11
        • Sep 2008

Had to run back into the office towards the end of the interview, but here's what I got:

- Very interested in playing for one team for his entire career. Buffalo drafted him and brought him into this league so he wants to be back if we want him back. As long as they think he's a fit in their scheme (and he thinks there is interest) he will look to return.

- At the same time, says UFA will be fun since you get an idea of how other teams value you compared to other guys at your position. Mentioned the Giants (Fewell connection), TB, and Tennessee as potential landing spots depending on what they do with their MLBs.

- Got more comfortable transitioning to the 3-4 as the year went on. Feels like he may be a few pounds light for the typical ILB spot, but feels comfortable regardless. Impressed by Wannstedt's hire and hopes he gets a lot of say in the defense.

- Impressed with Dareus and is excited to have another big body taking up blockers at the LOS. Says he's got a good head on his shoulders and he and Kyle will help make Poz's job easier.

- Realizes Jets and Pats are far ahead of Bills at this point, but thought they were gaining ground last year until the last two games of the year. Says we got "owned."

- Trusts that Fitz can be the guy for the future and loves his toughness and intelligence.

- Isn't sure how active they'll be in free agency, but trusts Nix and all the experience that he's had.

- Seemed somewhat concerned about the Bills long-term future in Buffalo. Knows there's nothing they can do and hopes that Jim Kelly et al can keep the team there, but recognized that players like to know where they'll be playing.

I'll post more as I remember... stopped listening around when they brought up London Fletcher - so if anyone heard that part until the end, feel free to post.

General thoughts re: re-signing from the interview... if we offer fair market value, he'll be back. If not, he won't take a discount. Which I think is fair enough.
        Last edited by wmoz11; 07-11-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
          Will not tolerate vandalism.
          • Apr 2006

That channel is league owned. Why does his appearance not violate the lockout???

Comment

• wmoz11
            • Sep 2008

Forgot to mention that he, exasperatingly, said that the Bills are FINALLY going in the right direction thanks to the new staff and specifically Chan Gailey. Likes the direction of the team from that standpoint.

------------------------------------

And even if the station is league-owned, why would they sabotage it by not allowing players to come on? Players want to do it so they do it - they have free-will.

Schein mentioned the other day that only once have they heard from the NFL re: content on the station and it was when one of the hosts brought up the UFL or something like that. They give free reign for the most part.
            Last edited by wmoz11; 07-11-2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

'Fair market value'.

Somebody will offer him a lot more money than I think he is worth.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• wmoz11
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by YardRat
                'Fair market value'.

Somebody will offer him a lot more money than I think he is worth.
                That's just the feeling I got from the interview. He wants the Bills to show him some loyalty and he'll do the same in return. If he does hit UFA, I think you're right. He'll get a bigger offer than we can give.

He did say that he wants to get something done quickly, though.
                Last edited by wmoz11; 07-11-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by wmoz11
                  That's just the feeling I got from the interview. He wants the Bills to show him some loyalty and he'll do the same in return. If he does hit UFA, I think you're right. He'll get a bigger offer than we can give.

He did say that he wants to get something done quickly, though.
                  translation: he wants the Bills to pay him more than his production warrants.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• wmoz11
                    • Sep 2008

In the Op English-to-cynical dictionary, sure.

He wants the Bills to pay him what any other team on the open-market will. If that's more than his production warrants, then so be it.

Why should he take a low-ball offer from us when he could get more from a winner?
                    Last edited by wmoz11; 07-11-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by wmoz11
                      In the Op English-to-cynical dictionary, sure.

He wants the Bills to pay him what any other team on the open-market will. If that's more than his production warrants, then so be it.

Why should he take a low-ball offer from us when he could get more from a winner?
                      hey I think the guy's average and I don't care if he walks. I'd much rather see some other team overpay him than us.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• k-oneputt
                        • Jun 2009

I feel the same. He's decent but not worth overpaying. Wouldn't bother me one bit if he walked. Whitner too.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Unfortunately, I can see a Kelsay-type contract on the horizon.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• malvado78
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat
                            Unfortunately, I can see a Kelsay-type contract on the horizon.
                            I would be happier to sign Poz to a Kelsay type contract than I was when Kelsay was signed to a Kelsay type contract...

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by malvado78
                              I would be happier to sign Poz to a Kelsay type contract than I was when Kelsay was signed to a Kelsay type contract...
                              I don't want to keep Poz, but I can agree with this. If we have to keep one, I'd much rather have Poz and get Kelsay off the roster. That Kelsay contract was mind-numbing.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X