• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Pippa Middleton: Free Agent

SabreEleven has sold his Pippa Middleton card back to me. She was initially purchased for 19,000. This thread is an open auction for the replacement card and value. The bidding starts at $1.00, you may bid in this thread only no PM's needed. The highest bid at 12:20PM tomorrow wins.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Pippa Middleton: Free Agent

is the cap hit the initial $19k or will it be the new purchase price from this thread?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Discount rack - she was used by S11.

That being said - does she carry a $19K cap hit or what we purchase her for?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Ill bid $1 to start it off.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          is the cap hit the initial $19k or will it be the new purchase price from this thread?
          Bedard said replacement value, so Im assuming the cap hit is revised as well.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Whatever the winning bid will be the new face value and cap hit.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

I think people who sell back their cards should have their cap reduced by the amount of the sell back.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                I think people who sell back their cards should have their cap reduced by the amount of the sell back.
                Just like the NFL there should be some penalty.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  Just like the NFL there should be some penalty.
                  Absolutely, otherwise, it is just the "teams" with the most money screwing up the caps!

Comment

• BLeonard
                    BoB Sabermetrician
                    • Jan 2003

Absolutely, otherwise, it is just the "teams" with the most money screwing up the caps!
                    When you sell a card back, you only get 1/3 of the amount you paid for it... So, he only got 6,333.33 back...

Dunno if that's enough of a penalty for people, but that's the current rule, I'm pretty sure.

-Bill

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Its also creates an opportunity for people who havent been winning auctions to pick up cards which is more what i am pushing for right now.
                      It was all

Comment

• utmhead
                        • Oct 2005

I Bid $7,500

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BLeonard
                          When you sell a card back, you only get 1/3 of the amount you paid for it... So, he only got 6,333.33 back...

Dunno if that's enough of a penalty for people, but that's the current rule, I'm pretty sure.

-Bill
                          So he loses out on some zonebucks. That is hardly a penalty at all.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by King Bedard
                            Its also creates an opportunity for people who havent been winning auctions to pick up cards which is more what i am pushing for right now.
                            Right, but at least it would make people think about overpaying. There should be a bigger penalty besides losing a few zbs, especially when some people have literally millions to spend.

Comment

• BLeonard
                              BoB Sabermetrician
                              • Jan 2003

So he loses out on some zonebucks. That is hardly a penalty at all.
                              It is if it lowers your amount to where you can't bid...

Doesn't effect him, per se, as he has over 400k... But, if someone with 130k did it, they could come up short of having enough to even get to 200k... especially if they end up selling a lot of cards back.

Like I said, I dunno if it's enough of a penalty, but wasn't sure if everyone knew that that was indeed the case.

-Bill
                              Last edited by BLeonard; 07-11-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X