View Full Version : Dolphins: Griese struggling

Pride
06-24-2003, 02:06 PM
Anything for a good laugh!

Dolphins: Griese struggling

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Tuesday, June 24, 2003

News
According to the Sun-Sentinel, Brian Griese really struggled at Miami's recent minicamp. He threw interceptions and generally looked lost in Norv Turner's offense.

Views
This is not surprising, as Griese has had very little time to study the playbook and get to know his receivers. That said, he had better show dramatic improvement in training camp if he hopes to apply any pressure on starter Jay Fiedler.

Updated on Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 12:50 pm EDT

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-dolphinsgriesestrugg&prov=fanball&type=lgns

ArcticWildMan
06-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Nothing a few beers won't help him cure ;)

lordofgun
06-24-2003, 03:54 PM
What receivers? :D

Cntrygal
06-24-2003, 04:05 PM
:snicker:

BillsNYC
06-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Pride
Norv Turner's offense.

:lol:

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Maybe he needs to trip over his pup again.

MDFINFAN
06-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
What receivers? :D

Hopefully, they stay healthy enough for you to meet them, like you didn't get a chance to do last year, since they went down before your game.

Jan Reimers
06-24-2003, 07:05 PM
Excuses, excuses.

MDFINFAN
06-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Excuses, excuses.

No excuse, merely stating a fact, is that hard for you to digest, or do you prefer fantasy ..Fact bills won twice, also a fact Miami was missing part of it's starting O..our backups obviously weren't good enough to beat your starters...That's why we got different backups this year, makes sense, wouldn't you agree.

Jan Reimers
06-25-2003, 06:26 AM
More rationalization. We beat you twice. Accept it like a man.

Ð
06-25-2003, 07:00 AM
Bring Back Lucas
Bring Back Lucas
Bring Back Lucas

ryven
06-25-2003, 08:51 AM
MDFINFAN the way griese has been doing the last couple of seasons if fiedler goes down your backups still wont get the job done.

Pride
06-25-2003, 08:54 AM
Greise will start! No way they sign him to that type of contract and dont give him every opportunity to start. Fin Fans hate Fielder (believe it or not). But after one fatal trip over a pet in his driveway.. Fiedler will be back on the field...

still, no reason at all for worry bills fans

:fishfry:

MDFINFAN
06-26-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by ryven
MDFINFAN the way griese has been doing the last couple of seasons if fiedler goes down your backups still wont get the job done.

For those who ask me to accept the defeats, I have no choice.

Ryven you may have a point here, I'm not exactly a BG fan, if you go to our board and there's Jay vs BG, you'll normally see me on the Jay bandwagon..I think you guys would agree Jay is better, He's beat you twice, he goes down and you beat us twice, Makes sense to keep Jay starting. I also think you beat Denver last year with BG..I prefer to put someone out there who forgets bad things quickly and continues to march on, Jay does that pretty good . He's a tough cookie. He has my respect. After Dan, he's been under heavy scrunny down in S. Fla, but handles it with class.

Dozerdog
06-26-2003, 02:13 PM
Well if you want to hang on excuses.....

Yes, Fiedler beat a salary cap stripped club twice. (Once BARELY in Buffalo)

You bring yours, we will bring what we got, and see who's better. Settle this on the field.

Typ0
06-26-2003, 09:28 PM
I'm looking forward to it too :snicker:

MDFINFAN
06-27-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Well if you want to hang on excuses.....

Yes, Fiedler beat a salary cap stripped club twice. (Once BARELY in Buffalo)

You bring yours, we will bring what we got, and see who's better. Settle this on the field.

I notice when the shoe is on the other foot, you have an out.."cap stripped club", when it's on our foot, QB, WR's out, it's an excuse. Hmmmm. Your out sounded like a excuse to me. but that's just me.:redgun:

The last part of your post is spoken like a true Man...That's exactly where it will be settle.:punchu:

justasportsfan
06-27-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I notice when the shoe is on the other foot, you have an out.."cap stripped club", when it's on our foot, QB, WR's out, it's an excuse. Hmmmm. Your out sounded like a excuse to me. but that's just me.:redgun:

The last part of your post is spoken like a true Man...That's exactly where it will be settle.:punchu:

When you guys realize the Dolphins beat us not Fiedler.

MDFINFAN
06-27-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

When you guys realize the Dolphins beat us not Fiedler.

Fiedler was the enabler, Lucas disable us by giving you the ball too much..It's hard to overcome 5 turnovers..Jay didn't do that and that's why we were able to beat you.

justasportsfan
06-27-2003, 03:41 PM

Fiedler was the enabler, Lucas disable us by giving you the ball too much..It's hard to overcome 5 turnovers..Jay didn't do that and that's why we were able to beat you.

Not true, Lucas did not give us the ball. We took it from him. :chuckle:

MDFINFAN
06-27-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Not true, Lucas did not give us the ball. We took it from him. :chuckle:

I did not see Clements moving much, he almost seem surprise by the fact that Lucas was throwing directly at him, no matter where the receiver was..I still think you guys on this board, put together a large sum of money and paid Lucas off..:idunno:

robeezy
06-27-2003, 04:35 PM
We didn't have to pay Lucas, he's a Bills fan at heart and just wanted to see his boys do good. So he helped us out. Go RAY!

justasportsfan
06-27-2003, 04:45 PM

I did not see Clements moving much, he almost seem surprise by the fact that Lucas was throwing directly at him, no matter where the receiver was..I still think you guys on this board, put together a large sum of money and paid Lucas off..:idunno:

Has anyone ever seen The Flash move?

Michael82
06-29-2003, 11:38 AM

No excuse, merely stating a fact, is that hard for you to digest, or do you prefer fantasy ..Fact bills won twice, also a fact Miami was missing part of it's starting O..our backups obviously weren't good enough to beat your starters...That's why we got different backups this year, makes sense, wouldn't you agree.

And I take it your backup Offensive players were playing defense too? Both times, especially the 2nd game....your Defense did nothing to shut us down and Bledsoe, Moulds and Price burned you many times. Not to mention, Travis Henry owned Zach Thomas. What happened to the dominant defense that the Dolphins have? It wasn't there either game and if you want to use the o injuries as excuses for the loss...then WTF excuses do you have for the defense? :scratch: :rolleyes:

MDFINFAN
06-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

And I take it your backup Offensive players were playing defense too? Both times, especially the 2nd game....your Defense did nothing to shut us down and Bledsoe, Moulds and Price burned you many times. Not to mention, Travis Henry owned Zach Thomas. What happened to the dominant defense that the Dolphins have? It wasn't there either game and if you want to use the o injuries as excuses for the loss...then WTF excuses do you have for the defense? :scratch: :rolleyes:

Hey we lost, the D sucked, I guess everyone's entitled to a bad day at the office..but that game didn't do enough to keep that D from being the #3 in the league..each year our D has one game like that, the year before was against the Rams..Our O did nothing to help our D, they stayed on the field during that 2nd game..I guess you can also say that about the first game..The turnovers were crazy in both games. I think the Bills expose a weakness in our D, when you have multiple good WR's..I think that's why Wanny went out and got Seau, Buckley, and Knight..to help with pass rush, to make wr's think about running post or seam patterns, and outright harrass slot receivers with either Buckley or Surtain..Plus Madison couldn't run full speed, and against a guy like Moulds, there's no way you cover him at dimenished compacity...Moulds + dimenished CB =TD..Moulds played like the Pro bowler he is. But Price kept you from doubling Moulds because of his abilities on the other side. Plus you had a catching FB and a good TE. ala the rams east. You didn't have that the year before and we beat you twice..seesaw type battles in this division are a norm. This year is a new one, you've changed your philosophy in personnel and now we have to see how it plays out on the field..we'll be there to see and then we can talk about what we saw afterwards. :duel:

Michael82
06-29-2003, 05:35 PM
:boring:

MDFINFAN
06-30-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
:boring:

Best comeback yet from a bills fan, well I guess that's that.