X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

New turf has new elements

Bills CEO Russ Brandon mentioned some of them, which appeared on the Buffalo Bills twitter account.

buffalobills CEO Russ Brandon: “Excited to announce new turf installation began yesterday at RWS. Look forward to seeing the new blue end zones.”

buffalobills Brandon: “Other new elements will include red, white and blue stripes on each 20-yard line & a larger logo at midfield.”

buffalobills Brandon: “The new surface is expected to be finished this week. Hope fans enjoy the new look.”

That's very cool! I love the idea of red, white and blue stripes. And finally a bigger logo! We've been needing that. It was way too small.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: New turf has new elements

Sounds good. Can't wait to see it.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Homegrown
      Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
      • Jul 2008

New turf.... ...wait, what???!!!...

Comment

• BuffaloBillsFan4life
        • Jul 2011

That's great but with them not playing now it just adds to the frustration I think.

Though I am up for anything that helps the team improve, well, except the new uniforms, I really dislike the new uniforms. But, I didn't like the last ones and they grew on me, so, we will see.
        Let's Go Buffalo!

Comment

• BillyT92679
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsFan4life
          That's great but with them not playing now it just adds to the frustration I think.

Though I am up for anything that helps the team improve, well, except the new uniforms, I really dislike the new uniforms. But, I didn't like the last ones and they grew on me, so, we will see.
          I like, but don't love, the new unis. Love the helmet, like the blue tops (though the alumni tops look nicer than the ones the veterans wore), do not like the white pants for a road jersey. Would look a lot better with white tops/blue pants on the road.

Also, I like, but don't love the new turf. Wish the endzones were red, but blue is acceptable. I wish the logo had the helmet with the charging Buffalo like Rich Stadium used to have when it had Astroturf, but according to the preview Buffalo News article, it just looks like it will be the charging Buffalo alone with no helmet (the same as it was on the most recent turf, except the logo will be bigger now). Really dig the return of the red, white, and blue stripes on the 20s, just like the way it was on the old Astroturf.
          Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• BuffaloBillsFan4life
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by BillyT92679
            I like, but don't love, the new unis. Love the helmet, like the blue tops (though the alumni tops look nicer than the ones the veterans wore), do not like the white pants for a road jersey. Would look a lot better with white tops/blue pants on the road.

Also, I like, but don't love the new turf. Wish the endzones were red, but blue is acceptable. I wish the logo had the helmet with the charging Buffalo like Rich Stadium used to have when it had Astroturf, but according to the preview Buffalo News article, it just looks like it will be the charging Buffalo alone with no helmet (the same as it was on the most recent turf, except the logo will be bigger now). Really dig the return of the red, white, and blue stripes on the 20s, just like the way it was on the old Astroturf.
            Red would be better. I think blue clashes us too much with the Giants. It's bad enough they call themselves "NY" Giants.

But yes, like the Red/White/Blue as well
            Let's Go Buffalo!

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

WGR has some pics;
              Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsFan4life
                Red would be better. I think blue clashes us too much with the Giants. It's bad enough they call themselves "NY" Giants.

But yes, like the Red/White/Blue as well
                The Red looks great when it is new, but after a few years when it fades & looks pink, not so much.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  That looks really sweet. It really looks a lot closer to grass than what they have been using.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                    shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                    • Mar 2007

Man stop whining! The new uniforms kick ass. You want the old CFL uniforms with the Quaker Oats blue shoulder? 10 different colors? Give me a break! Americas team is back!

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                      shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                      • Mar 2007

The new field will kick azz too, can't wait to see it.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

BLUE ENDZONES!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

awesome. i can't wait to see the finished product in person at the home opener. hopefully these *******s get a deal done soon.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by better days
                            The Red looks great when it is new, but after a few years when it fades & looks pink, not so much.
                            Thank You. It's become popular to talk about these amazing Red endzones...that were red for about 1 game.

They were an ugly pink for years and I couldn't get over how terrible that looked.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

This field looks like it's going to be really sweet when finished. I love the color blue in the endzones! Very cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X