PDA

View Full Version : LaCanfora saying Bills targeting Tyson Clabo

X-Era
07-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Said it on NFL Network. Says inside Atlanta's org. feels Buff and Sea are targeting him as their RT.

Says they have young guys in ATL and that Clabo may be too rich for their blood.

Heres the link but he mentioned us specifically as I said on Total Access:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820bb4d0/article/falcons-draft-splash-looks-like-preemptive-freeagency-strike

Pinkerton Security
07-12-2011, 06:53 PM
thatd be sick...hes a very underrated young lineman IMO

DraftBoy
07-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Eh, having seen him up close he's gotten better but he's a limited upside OT. Better than what we have but not a long term answer which is why Atlanta is going to let him walk for younger options.

X-Era
07-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Eh, having seen him up close he's gotten better but he's a limited upside OT. Better than what we have but not a long term answer which is why Atlanta is going to let him walk for younger options.Do you put him in the typical second tier type Bills signing category? I don't think he's a star but he seems to be more significant than what we normally get. But, I also haven't watched him that closely.

My sleeper for us is Matt Light. I think he's sure to leave NE and may not get huge money elsewhere.

scartown
07-12-2011, 07:09 PM
I would rather go after Harvey Dahl from the Falcons at RG and go with the bums we have at RT. Wood starts at center and Hagngartner would be solid backup at three spots on the line.

DraftBoy
07-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Do you put him in the typical second tier type Bills signing category? I don't think he's a star but he seems to be more significant than what we normally get. But, I also haven't watched him that closely.

My sleeper for us is Matt Light. I think he's sure to leave NE and may not get huge money elsewhere.

Its close but Id say he's above the 2nd tier type players. Good solid run blocker who can struggle in protection. Strong at POA but not very athletic.

X-Era
07-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Its close but Id say he's above the 2nd tier type players. Good solid run blocker who can struggle in protection. Strong at POA but not very athletic.He seems like our style. He's on the right side of 30 and had his best years just recently. Reminds me of Hang a bit. But like Hang, he may never take the next step and become a top tier guy at the position. Still, I wouldn't mind it since he's an upgrade to what we have.

And I can't see him in the same breath with Cornell Green... I think he's way better than Green.

elltrain22
07-12-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm just glad we apparently, are going to be aggressively pursuing a good OT.

TigerJ
07-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Eh, having seen him up close he's gotten better but he's a limited upside OT. Better than what we have but not a long term answer which is why Atlanta is going to let him walk for younger options.

Hairston is obviously not going to be able to step in and play at an acceptable level in his rookie season, but does he have enough upside that if the Bills could get Clabo for a few years, Hairston would be ready to step in and give them a solid right tackle?

X-Era
07-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Hairston is obviously not going to be able to step in and play at an acceptable level in his rookie season, but does he have enough upside that if the Bills could get Clabo for a few years, Hairston would be ready to step in and give them a solid right tackle?I would not be shocked to see him starting by the end of this season. But, if we want to be the best team possible, we won't bank on that. Signing Clabo provides a day one starter, if Hairston supplants him now or in the future, we have a very solid backup at the very least. Having two guys who can start at T is a good problem to have.

I loved the Hairston pick and think his future is very bright. But, Hairston has done nothing so far. I don't want to start someone who hasn't earned it.

Jaybird
07-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Didn't he play guard in ATL?

The Jokeman
07-12-2011, 10:43 PM
He seems like our style. He's on the right side of 30 and had his best years just recently. Reminds me of Hang a bit. But like Hang, he may never take the next step and become a top tier guy at the position. Still, I wouldn't mind it since he's an upgrade to what we have.

And I can't see him in the same breath with Cornell Green... I think he's way better than Green.
Actually a guy that fits our style is Tyler Polumbus of the Seahawks, as he's been in the league 4 years and started 15 games during his tenure. I think he actually replaced Green as a starter in Denver but would have to dig more as prior to being a Seahawk he was in Denver and pretty sure so was Green around the same time. The Bills will comment on his upside etc and overpay and we'll soon see why he's been a spot starter throughout his career.

Another guy who could fill in with a similar track record would be Barry Richardson of the Chiefs. As he's been a backup for most of his career but finally became a starter last year. Toss in Gailey knows him from their time in KC. The only blessing is he's an RFA so it's likely we won't pursue him.

The Spaz
07-13-2011, 04:52 AM
As for the 29-year-old Clabo, Pro Football Focus rated him as the 11th best tackle in the league last season. He's been a better pass blocker than drive-blocker in recent years.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3095/player?r=1

methos4ever
07-13-2011, 06:52 AM
Clabo struggled a bit vs Charles Johnson in the first Carolina - Atlanta game and the Claymaker in the playoffs, but that'd b e a good get for the Bills. He's a great bridge guy that can start 2 of the years on his contract with the Bills and then transition to either Guard or reserve should they want to transition Wood to C or Hairston to RT.

better days
07-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Clabo struggled a bit vs Charles Johnson in the first Carolina - Atlanta game and the Claymaker in the playoffs, but that'd b e a good get for the Bills. He's a great bridge guy that can start 2 of the years on his contract with the Bills and then transition to either Guard or reserve should they want to transition Wood to C or Hairston to RT.

I hope to God, Wood will be at Center this year from day 1.

WeAreArthurMoates
07-13-2011, 08:38 AM
I'd absolutely love this, I want him, Trueblood or Harris.

methos4ever
07-13-2011, 09:11 AM
I hope to God, Wood will be at Center this year from day 1.
I get where you're at bd, but if they want the most continuity for the purpose of this year success, pushing that to 2012 may help. If you keep Hang there with the knowledge of the O and the line calls, Wood and Clabo on the Right side mauling people and Bell developing, that's pretty sweet.

Then in 2012, you'd have Bell-Levitre-Wood-Clabo-Hairston? Average weight 315+, average height around 6'4....

WeAreArthurMoates
07-13-2011, 09:54 AM
If we get Clabo, any chance Hairston will make a good guard for all you Draft buffs.

dannyek71
07-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Derrick Dockery

NOT THE DUDE...
07-13-2011, 11:39 AM
bell/levitre/wood/urbik/clabo.... thats a good oline for sure...

Dr. Lecter
07-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Urbik and Bell?