PDA

View Full Version : More to learn about Levi

justasportsfan
07-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Though a comprehensive evaluation of Brown’s game might not yet exit, Cortez believes he was able to evaluate him in other ways.

“It is not just on the field stuff,” he said. “We’re in the meetings and you can tell by how they talk about things, how they ask questions what their level of understanding is and you can assess their progress along those lines.”

What encouraged Cortez about Brown’s future from the outset was his willingness to put in the extra time from the moment he first arrived at One Bills Drive.

“When we were done with OTAs the rookies were here a little while longer and he called me at home and we got together a couple of times,” said Cortez. “He wants to do well and he has a good understanding, but like anything else he has his eureka moments too where he’s saying, ‘Oh that’s why we do it that way.’”

One of Brown’s biggest adjustments to the pro game was taking snaps from under center after working exclusively out of the shotgun in Troy University’s spread system.

“He made a lot of strides there, but sometimes he’s not really smooth and more mechanical with it,” said Cortez. “It’s just something he has to continue to do and I hope it’s something he’s been working on by himself this offseason.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/More-to-learn-about-Levi/18134332-d2c3-4284-b296-299f46763db1

Goobylal
07-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Not expecting anything out of Brown. If he shows anything, it will be gravy.

trapezeus
07-14-2011, 04:18 PM
he needs to be at least good enough to be backup if the bills don't find a replacement.

i actually think he might have what it takes to be a good backup that can know enough to win 2-3 games when a starter is out. i don't think he'll ever become a starter.

it would be great if he blossoms into a frank reich dependable guy. this would be one less person to have to target in FA and overspend on and possibly get debates on who should start.

BuffaloBlitz83
07-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Brown>Fitz

BertSquirtgum
07-14-2011, 07:17 PM
don't be hatin on the next tom brady.