PDA

View Full Version : Two Bills listed in the "Top 25 Least Valuable Players in the NFL"

Italian Stallion
07-14-2011, 08:32 PM
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/589/the-25-least-valuable-players-in-the-nfl

Not that this is a high-level source or anything new, but just thought it was an interesting read. I do like what is said about Kyle Williams being an "elite" DT..nice to see.

Does anyone really think that Jake Delhomme is the absolute WORST player in the league?? Maybin HAS to be ahead of him.

Night Train
07-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Who is Bill Barnwell ?

What basement was this authored from ?

DraftBoy
07-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Who is Bill Barnwell ?

What basement was this authored from ?

He writes for Football Outsiders. Good writer.

Italian Stallion
07-14-2011, 09:40 PM
This link was actually on the front page of the NFL page on ESPN.COM

Mr. Pink
07-15-2011, 02:49 AM
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/589/the-25-least-valuable-players-in-the-nfl

Not that this is a high-level source or anything new, but just thought it was an interesting read. I do like what is said about Kyle Williams being an "elite" DT..nice to see.

Does anyone really think that Jake Delhomme is the absolute WORST player in the league?? Maybin HAS to be ahead of him.

Delhomme, outside of veteran presence and leadership, offers absolutely nothing to a team. He is scared, timid and throws a ton of picks. Basically think of Delhomme in terms of a more seasoned Trent Edwards.

Combine that with his price tag and bam there ya go.

The number 2 guy is a head scratcher seeing I don't even remember Piscitelli being on the field.

Ed
07-15-2011, 10:35 AM

He's not the worst player in the league, but I think for this article they weigh contract heavily. It's more about value for the money spent then who's actually the worst player. There are obviously a lot of scrubs riding the bench on every team, but they make the minimum. I don't think anyone believes Levi Brown is a better qb then Delhomme, Anderson, or Claussen.

better days
07-15-2011, 11:42 AM
He's not the worst player in the league, but I think for this article they weigh contract heavily. It's more about value for the money spent then who's actually the worst player. There are obviously a lot of scrubs riding the bench on every team, but they make the minimum. I don't think anyone believes Levi Brown is a better qb then Delhomme, Anderson, or Claussen.

Well, Brown & Claussen are 2nd year QB's. There is a chance they will become good QB's. Delhomme & Anderson have both been in the NFL for a while & it is doubtful they will get any better.

Billz_fan
07-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Only 2 Bills listed ?

:laughter:

Extremebillsfan247
07-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Only 2 Bills listed ?

:laughter:Exactly, wouldn't that be a good thing considering our record last year? lol

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Well now you have seen the Bills free agent target list.

Extremebillsfan247
07-15-2011, 12:48 PM
One shocker about this list at least for me is that Pat Moran's favorite (player Donte Whitner <-sarcasm) isn't on it. lol With all the bashing Whitner takes on this board, one would think he would be a shoo in for a list of that sort. JMO

Ickybaluky
07-15-2011, 02:22 PM

The article said one of the criteria was money the guy earned (or how high he was drafted), along with how he played. Delhomme played terrible and earned $20M last year between Carolina and Cleveland.

That is why he was #1 on the list. It isn't just that he was terrible, it is that he was paid so much to be terrible.

DrGraves
07-15-2011, 04:05 PM
you have to actually play to be bad... so maybin doesn't count lol