PDA

View Full Version : New Site Launching Monday

DraftBoy
07-15-2011, 11:40 AM
This is only going to be a one time thing but this past April I was approached by a fellow draftnik familiar with my work about starting up my own site. After some negotiations and planning it became official in May that I would in fact be starting anew with a brand new site that is all my own. The site is a Buffalo Bills focused NFL Draft site.

Some of you will be familiar with my partner site NEPatriotsDraft.com. My site will be BuffaloBillsDraft.com, its going to be one of four sites in the family (Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Bills) that will cover the entire AFC East from an NFL Draft angle. For those of you who aren't familiar with NEPD, I encourage you to one visit their site and also will tell you they are the foremost site when it comes to tracking UDFA's. Having their established brand and expertise was a big part of the draw, along with being able to do what I have been doing here for years on a bigger scale.

Needless to say the idea grew quickly and it got picked up by Big Lead Sports, which is a big deal in terms of selling ad space for me. Im very excited for Monday's launch and Ive been very busy the past few months working on new things and creative ways to make this site different.

My draft analysis isn't going to change, if you follow me on Twitter, read my work here or at DraftNasty, I will still be offering the same coverage on a day to day basis. In addition I have some new series articles that I dont see anybody else doing on the internet that Im excited about. Part one of each of those series will be up on Monday when we launch and will go into more detail there. I will be covering everything though from the SEC down to the NCAC (That's D3, sorry koneputt).

This site is not meant to drive traffic from the BZ and is not in anyway a comment on any other Bills/Draft site. There are a bunch of very good sites and a very smart people both here at the Zone and all over the internet. Thankfully it appears enough people consider me to be in that smart group (I so have them fooled!) and because of that I have this very special opportunity.

I want to encourage you all to come and see what its all about at BuffaloBillsDraft.com, follow the Twitter feed if that's your thing @BillsDraft, and leave comments if you feel so compelled. Its hopefully going to be a very interactive site with reader feedback and communication. Most importantly though don't stop posting here, these message board are what set us apart from other teams fans. They are what allowed me to get to this place and I have too many people thank for that and they know who they are.

So please check out the site, and hopefully you enjoy it.

Thanks,
DB

P.S.-Im not leaving the Zone...sorry.

Buddo
07-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Congratulations, and good luck!

THATHURMANATOR
07-15-2011, 12:37 PM
NICE!

justasportsfan
07-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Am I welcome? :chuk:

psubills62
07-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Congrats, DB!

DraftBoy
07-15-2011, 02:16 PM

You are always welcome.

Extremebillsfan247
07-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Congrats and good luck on that. If it's still around next January I'll be sure to drop in and check it out. Or maybe sooner if the Bills fall flat before the season ends. lol My personal focus on the draft really wont come sooner than that.

T-Long
07-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Definitely want to pair up on project or two with you for the two sites I write for. Congrats buddy!

better days
07-15-2011, 02:42 PM

I have the same question about myself. Congratulations & good luck DraftBoy.

Ingtar33
07-15-2011, 03:01 PM
This is only going to be a one time thing but this past April I was approached by a fellow draftnik familiar with my work about starting up my own site. After some negotiations and planning it became official in May that I would in fact be starting anew with a brand new site that is all my own. The site is a Buffalo Bills focused NFL Draft site.

Some of you will be familiar with my partner site NEPatriotsDraft.com. My site will be BuffaloBillsDraft.com, its going to be one of four sites in the family (Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Bills) that will cover the entire AFC East from an NFL Draft angle. For those of you who aren't familiar with NEPD, I encourage you to one visit their site and also will tell you they are the foremost site when it comes to tracking UDFA's. Having their established brand and expertise was a big part of the draw, along with being able to do what I have been doing here for years on a bigger scale.

Needless to say the idea grew quickly and it got picked up by Big Lead Sports, which is a big deal in terms of selling ad space for me. Im very excited for Monday's launch and Ive been very busy the past few months working on new things and creative ways to make this site different.

My draft analysis isn't going to change, if you follow me on Twitter, read my work here or at DraftNasty, I will still be offering the same coverage on a day to day basis. In addition I have some new series articles that I dont see anybody else doing on the internet that Im excited about. Part one of each of those series will be up on Monday when we launch and will go into more detail there. I will be covering everything though from the SEC down to the NCAC (That's D3, sorry koneputt).

This site is not meant to drive traffic from the BZ and is not in anyway a comment on any other Bills/Draft site. There are a bunch of very good sites and a very smart people both here at the Zone and all over the internet. Thankfully it appears enough people consider me to be in that smart group (I so have them fooled!) and because of that I have this very special opportunity.

I want to encourage you all to come and see what its all about at BuffaloBillsDraft.com, follow the Twitter feed if that's your thing @BillsDraft, and leave comments if you feel so compelled. Its hopefully going to be a very interactive site with reader feedback and communication. Most importantly though don't stop posting here, these message board are what set us apart from other teams fans. They are what allowed me to get to this place and I have too many people thank for that and they know who they are.

Thanks,
DB

P.S.-Im not leaving the Zone...sorry.

good luck!

DraftBoy
07-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Congrats and good luck on that. If it's still around next January I'll be sure to drop in and check it out. Or maybe sooner if the Bills fall flat before the season ends. lol My personal focus on the draft really wont come sooner than that.

Lol, it will be around next January I promise you that much.

Thank you.

DraftBoy
07-15-2011, 03:29 PM
I have the same question about myself. Congratulations & good luck DraftBoy.

Absolutely! Even though we may disagree from time to time, or most of the time. I welcome you to read some of the reports/articles and make comments in agreement or disagreement.

DraftBoy
07-15-2011, 03:30 PM
good luck!

Thanks, Ill hope you'll check it out.

Dujek
07-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Congrats, and good luck!

X-Era
07-15-2011, 05:46 PM

Thanks,
DB

P.S.-I'm not leaving the Zone...sorry.Wish you all the best. As someone who's envious of someone who may just make it a career, I know the sacrifice you make, the effort you give, and the professionalism you bring to any site that adds you.

Best of wishes.

P.S. your still wrong about players X, Y, Z... :up:

ZAZusmc03
07-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Congrats DB, great to see such great things happening for a few zoners here!

paranoid
07-15-2011, 07:25 PM
I will definitely check it out!

elltrain22
07-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Great stuff DB!! Can't wait to check it out. I'm sure its going to be really cool!! Best of luck!!

YardRat
07-15-2011, 09:15 PM
:beers:

better days
07-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Absolutely! Even though we may disagree from time to time, or most of the time. I welcome you to read some of the reports/articles and make comments in agreement or disagreement.

Well, even when we disagree, I respect your passion for & knowledge of the game, so I enjoy debating with you.

tampabay25690
07-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Matt congrats.........
You know I will have alot to say when it comes to a college draft site....
Good Luck...

bf1
07-15-2011, 10:08 PM
F the mods there.

jmb1099
07-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Congrats! Looking forward to it.

hammerbillsfan
07-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Congrats DB! :up:

Jan Reimers
07-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Glad to hear this, DB. Congrats and good luck!

DraftBoy
07-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Officially one hour away till launch! Very excited!!

Thanks to all for your kind words!

DraftBoy
07-17-2011, 11:27 PM
My Welcome Letter To Fans;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/07/welcome-to-buffalo-bills-draft/

Hello and welcome to Buffalo Bills Draft, your leading source for Buffalo Bills news and analysis as it relates to the annual NFL Draft. Our goal here is simple, we want to be the most in-depth, the most analytical, and the most accurate source for draft news and coverage year round.

We know that in today’s NFL there really is no such thing as an off-season and the same is true when it comes to the draft. Our year starts in March with spring camps, and scrimmages and ends the following April with the NFL draft. 13 months of work crammed into 12 months of time. This site is designed so that you as a fan will have access to every piece of knowledge and information that you could possibly ever want in regards to the NFL Draft and your Buffalo Bills.

As of launch we already have up our Top 100 Senior Big Board, our very first mock draft, our top 10 positional rankings, and later today we will be releasing two original articles! Over the course of the coming weeks you’ll see a series articles that are going to tell you where and when to watch the best prospects play, in order to best evaluate them, and who the next time big time sleeper to come out of your favorite conference is. Not to mention scouting reports going up weekly, and film review sessions as we rewind some of our 2010 tape in order to get ready for 2011!

scartown
07-18-2011, 06:17 AM
Good luck with the site

TigerJ
07-18-2011, 10:52 PM
I have never done the kind of first hand in depth research you do, Draftboy. What I do in the offseason is read the work of everybody I can find. You gradually get a sense of who knows what they're talking about and who doesn't. You seem to know more than a number of them. I will be visiting your site next offseason, you can be sure. Good luck with it.

better days
07-18-2011, 11:09 PM
My Welcome Letter To Fans;
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/07/welcome-to-buffalo-bills-draft/

Your site has been added to my favorites. Best of luck.

DraftBoy
07-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Well after our first 24 hours Im very happy to say the site did very well!

Had nearly 1,500 page hits on Day 1, and I know I have lot of you in the BZ to thank for that. I even had a visitor from Mexico come by the site, TLBF was that you?

Again thank you all, and please check the site frequently for new articles and posts. Also I will post links in the scouting zone with the title having 'BBD' in it.