PDA

View Full Version : Even though we lost I got the best news ...

LVGrown
09-08-2002, 07:11 PM
WHAT A DAMN GAME!!!!!! ONCE AGAIN MY HEART HURTS!!!! IM GONNA NEED A TRANSPLANT SOON! Anyway guess who I found out one of my best friends cousin is????? NORV TURNER! the miami dolphins defense coach. I got guaranteed tickets to the miami vs buffalo game in buffalo on dec 1st. im gonna be driving the 35 hours there!!!! WOOHOO im soooo happy! ok im done being excited now!!!! MIKEY hook up a hotel homie! so should i bring warm clothes???

Erin :drinker:

shelby
09-08-2002, 07:16 PM
that rocks Erin:up:

casdhf
09-08-2002, 07:17 PM
damn...35 hours??

LVGrown
09-08-2002, 07:23 PM
yeah there are 4 of us going ... me, 2 friends and my brother (the dolphin fan) Rhianna (turners cousin) said we get to go out and eat with the team. I was like hell na, im wearing my bills jersey!!!!! i wish brian cox was still on the team so i could spill something in his drink ... heehee!

Erin

TigerJ
09-08-2002, 08:02 PM
Good for you. Just one thing, Norv Turner is the Phins offensive coordinator. We could only wish he coached defense since that's not what he knows. LOL

Sabre Ally
09-08-2002, 10:37 PM
Hmmm.......Buffalo, Dec. 1, should I bring warm clothes? :rofl:

SABURZFAN
09-09-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
damn...35 hours??

slowpoke.....

Ð
09-09-2002, 06:43 AM
Dec. 1 ? That's bikini weather in Buffalo :D

Ebenezer
09-09-2002, 06:46 AM
Dec 1??? If it is anything like yesterday the less the better...it was 88 at kickoff and temps on the field got to 108...It felt like that in the stands too!

clumping platelets
09-09-2002, 11:23 AM
I actually felt a chill in the stands.........I shouldn't have bought that t-shirt

LABillsFan
09-09-2002, 12:37 PM
Have you ever drove across country before Shag?

Shiny Chicken
09-09-2002, 12:52 PM
I"ve been wanting to do a x-cntry trip for a few years... I keep trying to convince my friends to do it on summer break at some point, but I can never get them motivated :(

Sabre Ally
09-09-2002, 04:03 PM
I'll go with ya Ben. :hubba:

LVGrown
09-09-2002, 11:07 PM
yeah Tiger J i realized i put defensive coach after i was done ... i was hoping you guys knew nothing about the fins and i could get away with it. ok change of plans ... im not driving ... im flying and i hate to fly so i will have a 5 hour panic attack. I cant believe it cost the same amount to drive as it would to fly! crazy ... plus im saving 30 hours ... i think id go crazy after 5 because thats about as long as im use to being in a car (california is as cross country as i get). ANYWAY whos going to the game??? whats a hotel right next to the stadium with some good prices??? Where can I find a Coy Wire or Antoine Winfield jersey??? cant find any anywhere!

Erin

LVGrown
09-09-2002, 11:12 PM
ok and seriously how cold is it at that time?????? as cold as it gets in vegas is 40 degrees and i refuse to go outside sober when its that cold ... so im kinda scared! what should i wear??? 50 pairs of long johns??? and no i wont be sober there either! and one more question for the time being ... where do i get phone numbers?? i mean autographs!

Erin

Ð
09-09-2002, 11:20 PM
Start drinkin now :)

casdhf
09-10-2002, 12:07 AM
I have
:drinker:

Sabre Ally
09-10-2002, 01:01 AM
40 isn't cold :D

don137
09-10-2002, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by ShAgNSuRf 702
yeah there are 4 of us going ... me, 2 friends and my brother (the dolphin fan) Rhianna (turners cousin) said we get to go out and eat with the team. I was like hell na, im wearing my bills jersey!!!!! i wish brian cox was still on the team so i could spill something in his drink ... heehee!

Erin

Slip some exlax in the Dolphins teams food:flush:

SABURZFAN
09-10-2002, 07:11 AM
it's better that you take the 40 across and not the 70.the distance is shorter on the 70 but it takes longer because of the mountains,weather,slow traffic,etc....once you get down to Kingman,you'll be able to do 85 mph(legally) until you get to New Mexico.take the Will Rogers Turnpike,in Oklahoma City,and go through st.louis,indianapolis,etc....it's a long trip but you'll see a couple of stadiums along the way.

eyedog
09-10-2002, 08:02 AM
thats what airplanes are for. i did that drive once, never again. pack a wind breaker and a extra t-shirt. weather is warm in december in the northeast.

Ð
09-10-2002, 08:33 AM
Don't listen to eyedog :)

Especially since you're not used to northern climes, pack for the worst, assume there's gonna be rain at least & maybe some snow. Snow is the easiest to deal with...rain can soak you right through & if it's cold, there's nothing worse than being cold and wet. If the weather turns out nice, you can always leave this stuff in the car.

A winter jacket, at the very least a polar fleece will be necessary covered up with a windbreaker along with a hat and gloves. Long johns or at least track pants under jeans are probably a good idea. Umbrellas aren't allowed inside RWS anymore, so make sure you have some kind of hood arrangement on your coat in case it rains.

And last, but not least, because you'll be standing on cold concrete/asphalt all day, make sure you have some good, warm
hiking boots or at least some runners that are a size too big so you can double up on the warm wooly socks. Nothing worse than cold feet.

NoCtUrNaL
09-10-2002, 09:16 AM
Post edited: Please refrain from malicious personal attacks.

casdhf
09-10-2002, 09:20 AM
be a real adventurer, hike. you'll be here by game time in you leave now

LVGrown
09-10-2002, 11:31 AM
lol cas, damn shoes???? all i have are sandals ... i think i can find or buy a pair somewhere! thanks guys i appreciate the help! cant wait to see some of you out there! how long do you think id go to jail if i put xlax in their drinks! would be well worth it though if we stomp them, plus id get to be on tv!

Erin

TacklingDummy
09-10-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by ShAgNSuRf 702
so should i bring warm clothes???

Erin :drinker:

Be a man, Paint a big blue B on your chest and go topless.
:D

LVGrown
09-10-2002, 11:47 AM
maybe in the next life time if i turn into a man TD! lol or do you already know that and just trying to get some female topless action going on!

Erin

justasportsfan
09-10-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy

Be a man, Paint a big blue B on your chest and go topless.
:D

I 2nd the motion. lol.

Shag, that should definitely get you on t.v. without taking any xlax.

Play of the day!