PDA

View Full Version : if shawne merriman is back to form?

NOT THE DUDE...
07-18-2011, 08:43 PM
what do you guys think. and im not asking if he will be healthy. im saying assume he is, what will his impact be? :dance3:

Prov401
07-18-2011, 09:24 PM
If he is back to form, his impact will obviously be big.

I'm 50/50 on him being 'back to form'. But he's had a ton of time to rest up, and I'm sure he's going to come into camp in great shape.

PromoTheRobot
07-18-2011, 09:57 PM
If Shawne has anything left in the tank I think everyone on the Bills D will draw off each other. I'm very optimistic, but hopefully Wanny can teach them what they need to know fast.

PTR

mightysimi
07-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Hopefully with Dareus causing chaos, he can be matched up against TE and RB's a lot. That will go a long way to helping the stats.

X-Era
07-19-2011, 06:32 AM
If Dareus is what we think he is were looking at a nasty line up front. Dareus-Williams-Edwards.

And then Moats is more seasoned, Poz is resigned, and Merriman is healthy? I like it... a lot.

But that's also a lot of if's.

mayotm
07-19-2011, 07:45 AM
The defense defnitely needs Merriman to have a solid year to move from awful towards average.

trapezeus
07-19-2011, 10:00 AM
i think we may be asking a lot of dareus to be an immediate impact. i think it's going to take him half a season to really get going. remember, we have limited training camp, he hasn't made his money yet, so who knows how he is training.

but if he is as advertised, everyone gets better quickly. because he will make 1st down a wildcard down, instead of an easy 4 yards running right up the middle, which then makes 2nd and 3rd down dangerous and having our CB's in coverage for 5 seconds a pop.

i hope he is the game changer we've been waiting for. it'd be fun to have a defense that consistently gets stops.

jamze132
07-19-2011, 10:08 AM
I think if he stays healthy, he will have an immediate impact on the defense.

justasportsfan
07-19-2011, 10:22 AM
he's a football player. Hope his body allows him to be one again.

cookie G
07-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Assuming he's back to being healthy, he looks like this:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aLOTVTqwxqk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aLOTVTqwxqk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I wouldn't want to be the QB that has to step up into the pocket and meet Kyle Williams and Dareus close up.

Extremebillsfan247
07-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Even without Dareus, Merriman returning back to form would be an immediate impact. Your talking a full 180 on defensive improvement. Add the potential that Dareus brings to the front, and a decent defensive backfield and we are talking about a potential perennial defensive powerhouse. This defense would be tough to play against. JMO

NOT THE DUDE...
07-20-2011, 09:31 PM
merriman back 100% with dareus living up to expectations would be like bruce and bennett all over again... plus moats in his 2nd year and a loaded secondary.... LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!

Hogwasher
07-22-2011, 08:40 PM
I would be willing to accept a somewhat reduced Merriman, who would be a better than average player.

Goobylal
07-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Do not forget about Kyle Williams. Again I wish the Bills had taken Bowers in the 2nd round. That would have been a sick DL.

Oaf
07-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Even without Dareus, Merriman returning back to form would be an immediate impact. Your talking a full 180 on defensive improvement. Add the potential that Dareus brings to the front, and a decent defensive backfield and we are talking about a potential perennial defensive powerhouse. This defense would be tough to play against. JMO
Haha, with starters such as Kelsay/Moats/Torbor? And that's IF Merriman is any better than them. Long ways to go. Another draft please (LB, LB, TE, RT).