PDA

View Full Version : BBD: UDFA Preview-Quarterbacks

DraftBoy
07-19-2011, 10:53 AM
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/07/udfa-preview-quarterbacks/

With a new CBA deal seemingly only days away its time to start looking at some of the undrafted talent that remains from last April’s draft. First up will be the Quarterback position which has been a constant thorn in the side of Bills fans since Jim Kelly retired.

Lots of untapped potential remains in this class, but most of the options are rough around the edges and will need some time before being asked to take a snap in a game.

Trying to go through the top player fits for the Bills per position, before UDFA's kick off. Not sure if Ill have enough time but Im gonna try!

justasportsfan
07-19-2011, 11:04 AM
thanks. Good read.

Night Train
07-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Chappell definitely has ability. I watch most everything in Big 10 football and he can play. Fearless like Fitz and more accurate. Good post.

Weber of Minn. is raw but showed a lot of upside late last year.

DraftBoy
07-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Chappell definitely has ability. I watch most everything in Big 10 football and he can play. Fearless like Fitz and more accurate. Good post.

Weber of Minn. is raw but showed a lot of upside late last year.

I just put up a film room session, breaking down last year's Michigan State v. Northwestern game, which may be of interest to you if you like B1G football that much.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2011/07/film-room-session-michigan-state-v-northwestern-2010/

Not a fan of Weber, but we brought him in pre-draft and there are rumors floating that he will be signed by us.

better days
07-19-2011, 12:34 PM
I doubt the Bills bring in another raw guy for QB unless they have seen all they need to see of Brown & are ready to cut him loose.

mayotm
07-19-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't pretend to know much about Chappell. Based on the write up, he sounds awfully similar to Levi.

justasportsfan
07-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I doubt the Bills bring in another raw guy for QB unless they have seen all they need to see of Brown & are ready to cut him loose.
they need 4 guys throwing at camp or else Fitz's arm will fall off before camp ends.

DraftBoy
07-19-2011, 02:06 PM

They may not have interest. But they already cut Brown once so not sure how much faith they have in him.

DraftBoy
07-19-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't pretend to know much about Chappell. Based on the write up, he sounds awfully similar to Levi.

Both have big arms, but Levi is a more athletic QB, while Chappell offers more of your classic QB style. Levi is arguably rawer than Chappell at this point, imo.

Forward_Lateral
07-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Is Levi as big as Chappell?

tampabay25690
07-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I honestly think a name that will be thrown around is Vince Young JMO.......
Why not........
Guy probably wont demand huge $$$ and why not push Fitz for the starting gig....Fits what Chan Gailey luvs to do......Worth a shot.......

Same people that said Mike Vick sucked as well....Guess that worked out for us....

Forward_Lateral
07-19-2011, 02:12 PM
There's a ton of FA vets that can be brought in. Bulger, Hasselbeck, Young, etc.

tampabay25690
07-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Both have big arms, but Levi is a more athletic QB, while Chappell offers more of your classic QB style. Levi is arguably rawer than Chappell at this point, imo.

DB you are sort of right.
Athletic guy has a nice arm but I like what Levi has to offer long term.
But not saying he isn't a guy we may bring into camp......
But I do like him.

better days
07-19-2011, 02:21 PM
they need 4 guys throwing at camp or else Fitz's arm will fall off before camp ends.

Agreed. We know they will sign a vet to back up Fitz & they will probably bring in one or two guys as camp fodder. I meant they would not have a young guy on the roster going into the season unless they were done with Brown.

tampabay25690
07-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Agreed. We know they will sign a vet to back up Fitz & they will probably bring in one or two guys as camp fodder. I meant they would not have a young guy on the roster going into the season unless they were done with Brown.

Absolutely correct.
I see 2 to 3 guys brought in.

The Jokeman
07-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Is Levi as big as Chappell?
Levi's listed as 6-4 225 and Chappell's listed at 6-3 239.

DraftBoy
07-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Today this article was linked to by both PFT and ESPN Insider. So pumped right now!

B-DON
07-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Nice. Good work and congrats again db. Looks like your moving on up