PDA

View Full Version : Clayton: Bills will rule 2014-2016

DrGraves
07-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Article on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6769936/consensus-packers-own-2014-16

At least someone thinks we might be good someday... even if its for all the wrong reasons now...

B-DON
07-19-2011, 05:06 PM
No way we we get Luck. This team is bad but not #1 pick bad

BuffaloBillsFan4life
07-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Article on ESPN:

At least someone thinks we might be good someday... even if its for all the wrong reasons now...

I believe Buffalo will have it's glory days again. I believe we've had a lot of great teams since our last glory days. Now I am crossing my fingers for the luck to go with it.

Demon
07-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Article on ESPN:

lol yeah i was just gonna say, he doesnt like our young players, he likes the fact we're so bad we may get Andrew Luck. lol

Goobylal
07-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Clayton is a ***** moron. The teams who made head-coaching changes over the off-season will be the worst teams in the league, followed by the Dols, Bengals, and Browns.

THRILLHO
07-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Lol, that has got to be the sorriest reason for choosing a dominant team. IF we draft Luck and IF he turns out to be as good as Manning we will be the most dominant team.

better days
07-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Lol, that has got to be the sorriest reason for choosing a dominant team. IF we draft Luck and IF he turns out to be as good as Manning we will be the most dominant team.

Yeah, let's see how Luck plays this year before we all anoint him the next comming.

SeatownBillsFan21
07-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Well at least someone thinks we'll still have a team in a few years...

Buddo
07-20-2011, 07:00 AM
I used to think that Clayton was a decent reporter, and he probably was. Was being the operative word. Ever since he's become a guy that gets turned to for an 'opinion', he's been full of it.
I'm not sure he gets much right about the Bills at all these days.
Whoever was talking about teams who have changed HCs and schemes, has the right of it. Some of those teams will be much worse than the Bills - although they may well bounce back quite quickly for next year once they know what they are doing.

psubills62
07-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Clayton is generally a fool.

trapezeus
07-20-2011, 08:30 AM
clayton just hates the bills from a special place. at least mortenson's hate is a result of his pal getting the screwgie. but clayton seems to just hate from a special place.

the bills aren't going to be in the top 16 teams, but dead last, when they weren't last year with a new coach and less talent and no direction, seems like an odd prediction. but i think if the bills are 6-10 this year and pick in the top 12 again, we could finally have the pieces for a solid year after this year.

The Jokeman
07-20-2011, 11:21 AM
The Bills average margain of victory was 7.5 points and that was inflated by the 18 point "drubbing" we put on Cincy. While we a competitive team last year there's no guaranteeing we'll be the same in 2011 as it doesn't look like we'll do much in free agency to improve our offense and while one would hope the defense will improve that's still up in the air. So to say we won't own the #1 overall pick in next year's draft isn't far fetched as the NFC East is one of the best conferences in the league and the AFC West isn't going to be easy either.

B-DON
07-20-2011, 01:08 PM
The Bills average margain of victory was 7.5 points and that was inflated by the 18 point "drubbing" we put on Cincy. While we a competitive team last year there's no guaranteeing we'll be the same in 2011 as it doesn't look like we'll do much in free agency to improve our offense and while one would hope the defense will improve that's still up in the air. So to say we won't own the #1 overall pick in next year's draft isn't far fetched as the NFC East is one of the best conferences in the league and the AFC West isn't going to be easy either.

Have you seen the panthers play? If they start newton there is no way in hell they have a better record than us. Bengals are pretty bad too with or without Palmer. Broncos with tebow shouldn't be to great either. Like I said, no way we get the first pick as much as id love to have it.

Ebenezer
07-20-2011, 01:10 PM
this....

Well at least someone thinks we'll still have a team in a few years...

OpIv37
07-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Have you seen the panthers play? If they start newton there is no way in hell they have a better record than us. Bengals are pretty bad too with or without Palmer. Broncos with tebow shouldn't be to great either. Like I said, no way we get the first pick as much as id love to have it.

The Panthers also won't select Luck if they get the #1 pick again. They could trade it though.

Why does everyone seem to think it's so impossible for the Bills to tank this season? We were third worst in the league last year, and are basically counting on rookies and improvement from 2nd year guys as more talent, in an off-season that was all but lost due to the lockout.

One or two injuries, one or two bad bounces against weaker teams, and we could very easily end up at or near the bottom of the league.

TacklingDummy
07-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Luck will be a bust, Barkley is where it's at.

The Bills don't need the #1 pick. They just need whatever QB they pick to turn out to be a stud. If not it won't be 2014-2016 either.

better days
07-20-2011, 01:59 PM

I agree the Panthers may again have the 1st pick in the draft if not the Bengals. The Broncos are on about the same leval as the Bills IMO but play in a much weaker division so they should have a better record than the Bills. If Seattle does not land a decent QB this offseason, they could contend for the worst record.

trapezeus
07-20-2011, 02:04 PM
i don't expect the bills to be good but i don't expect them to be the worse. and the good thing is that all the other teams that suck already took QB's very high. maybe if the bills come in third again, they'll still be in position to get luck.

better days
07-20-2011, 02:05 PM
The Panthers also won't select Luck if they get the #1 pick again. They could trade it though.

Why does everyone seem to think it's so impossible for the Bills to tank this season? We were third worst in the league last year, and are basically counting on rookies and improvement from 2nd year guys as more talent, in an off-season that was all but lost due to the lockout.

One or two injuries, one or two bad bounces against weaker teams, and we could very easily end up at or near the bottom of the league.

I think Fitz is the big question mark this year. If he plays like an NFL starter, I think the Bills will 7-9 games. If he regresses it could be a long season.

OpIv37
07-20-2011, 02:28 PM
I think Fitz is the big question mark this year. If he plays like an NFL starter, I think the Bills will 7-9 games. If he regresses it could be a long season.

or if he gets hurt. We'll be begging for Trent Edwards if we have to start Brown or Brohm.

better days
07-20-2011, 02:44 PM
or if he gets hurt. We'll be begging for Trent Edwards if we have to start Brown or Brohm.

The Bills will have a vet back up QB. Whoever it is, it is guaranteed he will be better than Brown, Brohm & Edwards.

justasportsfan
07-20-2011, 02:58 PM
We'll be begging for Trent Edwards if we have to start Brown or Brohm.
I don't think so. I'd rather Brohm and Brown play. At least they try

Extremebillsfan247
07-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Article on ESPN:

Getting Andrew Luck doesn't guarantee anything. I don't want this team to have the worst record in football. Screw that. It's time for this team to turn the corner and move forward, not backwards in some hope that your going to land the ultimate gift horse in next years draft. I hate that mindset. You don't need Andrew Luck to win in this league.

Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer as a starting QB. <- One of the worst QB's statistically to ever get a Super Bowl ring as a starter. You need more than just a good QB to succeed, you need a good team and a coaching staff that knows what its doing around him. Having the worst record in the league will get Gailey fired, I guarantee it. The Bills will be a good team again, and it wont be because of Andrew Luck, Tweety Bird can take that opinion and cram it.

Goobylal
07-20-2011, 03:38 PM
I agree the Panthers may again have the 1st pick in the draft if not the Bengals. The Broncos are on about the same leval as the Bills IMO but play in a much weaker division so they should have a better record than the Bills. If Seattle does not land a decent QB this offseason, they could contend for the worst record.
I'll wager money that Luck goes to the Bungles. They'll either be the worst or 2nd worst team (after Carolina). They literally will have no offense after Palmer retires, CO leaves (TO is already gone), and Benson gets suspended.

B-DON
07-20-2011, 07:53 PM

The panthers won't draft luck but sure as hell would field plenty of offers from teams thinking Luck is their savior. Plus teams always come out of no where to be either great or ****ty. We are usually just a tid past ****ty but still bad. Not #1 pick bad though. And once again this year I see us being bad but more along the lines of 5 wins bad