• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Free Agency talk

Forked from: can ray edwards stand up in a 3-4?

Detroit is fairly close to the cap and Cliff Avril is a UFA
    NYG is over the cap and Kiwi is a UFA

But both may be better suited as DE in a 4-3.

What may be more likely is to see what Merriman, Maybin, and Moats can do and sign someone who is better against the run... maybe James Anderson. If the need the pass rushing 3-4 OLB after next year they may go after it in the draft.

Here's a report saying Dallas may cut Keith Brooking or Bradie James or both

Took the chat on location today but it still went off brilliantly, as it always does. If you missed it ... well, I'm not even sure why I'm still trying to help you.

Bradie James might be interesting

Marc Colombo is also mentioned... personally not a big fan.

Who do you think we might see?
    Last edited by X-Era; 07-20-2011, 06:44 AM.

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Free Agency talk

Chaos...mass chaos.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Hard to say but what DB said it correct.
      I think it will be crazy...
      Talks here in Tampa are how are they going to spend $50 mill or up to $70 mill this season...
      Glazer's are cheap.....
      I would say Freeman might as well get long termed now.....
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• methos4ever
        • Apr 2004

I think that Barnett may be let go from GB, and he would be a good fit at ILB as well alongside (or instead of in case of signing elsewhere) Poz.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

It would be nice if those rumors last offseason about the Bills being interested in Jared Gaither were true and they went after him. Certainly not counting on it though.

However, I do wonder how "inactive" the Bills will actually be, considering they are almost guaranteed to sign a vet QB, and I have to imagine they'll sign one or two other guys.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

I'd rather they concentrate on some solid OT help and the needed backup QB.

OLB is fine.. if it's a young guy with most of his career still ahead of him. Bills need to build with youth, meaning the recent aquisitions through the draft and FA. If that means playing newer/unknown young guys like Moats, Coleman, Batten etc., then do it and see what they have. Bills are not contending for a playoff spot this year. Let's get real.

Outside of QB, that apllies to every other position with question marks. Play the young guys and develop a solid core that could be effective for several seasons.

Tom Donahoe kept bringing in "name" guys and the Bills still wallowed in mediocrity with poor/directionless coaching. Gailey has his ***** together and the young guys like him. Lets do it right for once. Build with youth and a sprinkle of veterans.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Oh and yes, I do like the idea of Cliff Avril at OLB.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

i still don't think we need to waste money on a back up QB. we have backup QB's as our starter. if he gets hurt, let levi run us into the ground. we'll get the best pick, maybe luck, and then we'll have fitz to sign backup and start another season.

I don't get what signing a backup worse than fitz but better than levi really yields us.

But if we can find some mroe OL help and some more LB's in free agency, we may be getting more depth and give our running game more of a chance.

Comment

• cookie G
                  • Mar 2003

A decent veteran back up QB is always welcome.

OL is such a must it need not be mentioned.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    i still don't think we need to waste money on a back up QB. we have backup QB's as our starter. if he gets hurt, let levi run us into the ground. we'll get the best pick, maybe luck, and then we'll have fitz to sign backup and start another season.

Are we back to tanking the season for a high draft pick? why don't we just start Parrish at qb then?
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

I find the chaos to be quite exhilarating.

We all are jonsing for some football, we're about to get a tidal wave of it...

OT, TE and a backup QB for the O

LB upgrade(s) on D (resign Poz, Florence)

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by cookie G
                        A decent veteran back up QB is always welcome.

OL is such a must it need not be mentioned.
                        The QB list is horrible per http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu.../fa.php?y=2011. Bulger's the only "name" and am sure he'll go elsewhere for a starting job. Tyler Thingpen because of his history with Chan seems a decent guy to pursue as he is a backup and does have some starting experience.

To me it's vital we find a veteran/potential QB. I don't mind Thigpen, Tavaraes Jackson is an interesting name too. We also need some help at LB and while he's far from great don't like the idea of losing Poz as he was one of the few bright spots we have on D. Zach Miller at TE be great but not sure we'd pursue him as Gailey seems to favor blocking TEs in his offenses.

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Jokeman
                          The QB list is horrible per http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu.../fa.php?y=2011. Bulger's the only "name" and am sure he'll go elsewhere for a starting job. Tyler Thingpen because of his history with Chan seems a decent guy to pursue as he is a backup and does have some starting experience.

To me it's vital we find a veteran/potential QB. I don't mind Thigpen, Tavaraes Jackson is an interesting name too. We also need some help at LB and while he's far from great don't like the idea of losing Poz as he was one of the few bright spots we have on D. Zach Miller at TE be great but not sure we'd pursue him as Gailey seems to favor blocking TEs in his offenses.
                          Bulger, Pennington as a possibility and I agree on Thigpen. There's always good chance you lose your QB for a time, and I'd like someone with experience to step in.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

there is a difference between intentionally tanking and what i am saying.

the bills will go with what they've got in fitz. he can be good. he makes players better around him. he is also frustratingly inconsistent. If we are going to get a back up, someone who is lesser than fitz, why waste the money. that guy will not help keep us in a playoff hunt. might as well use that money in a position that needs a real upgrade or needs back ups like LB and CB.

the upside of a backup actually being stellar is quite small. the upside of just making due if fitz goes down is much higher.

risk reward scenario.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I still don't get how finding a back up who gives us the best chance to win if Fitz goaes down is a waste of money.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X