PDA

View Full Version : BoB owners

northernbillfan
07-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Do we need our own forum to discuss issues that we do not want the commissioner to be aware of? Kind of like a board of governors meeting where we would discuss and vote on raising the cap, what kind of talent pool we would like. Perhaps we want a draft so we can get a few rookie cards?

Perhaps we only need to create a thread for ourselves and "ban" the King from looking in?

Thoughts...

The King
07-21-2011, 08:10 AM
You guys can talk about whatever the hell you want. But as King it doesnt matter unless I adopt it. I think I have been pretty open and fair with suggestions, but if you want to exclude me fine!

Maybe I'll create a new rule that if you shun the King all your cards shall be forfeited to Historian.

Static
07-21-2011, 08:14 AM
what needs to be disscussed that is so secret?

BlackMetalNinja
07-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Um what?
http://www.mortgagebrokers.ie/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sense-this-picture-makes-none.jpg

The King
07-21-2011, 08:22 AM
How people have already mis-managed their cap space I imagine.

northernbillfan
07-21-2011, 08:32 AM
what needs to be disscussed that is so secret?Draft? Raising the cap? Setting limits on bids? Who should be in the talent pool?

I'm just trying to have fun with this game and take it to another level of foolishness.

I mean the NFL owners have secret meetings all the time and come up with suggestions for the commisioner.

The King
07-21-2011, 08:33 AM
I dont think having our own forum is a bad idea, but we dont really get in the way in the TZ either. Plus we get more exposure there.

TacklingDummy
07-21-2011, 08:35 AM
I suggest putting Aniston and Beckinsale up before I run out of cap space.

The King
07-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Beckinsale signed on for a new Underworld.

TacklingDummy
07-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Those are good movies. I even like the one without her.

Michael82
07-21-2011, 08:49 AM
I think we should have more days like the BoB anniversary where we got to pick between several different choices. I also would like the ability to suggest our own choices...

The King
07-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Those days will come Mikey but I have to create all the cards and creating 4-5 cards at night isnt my idea of a good time.

I'm always open to suggestions as well just dont expect to see them the next day. I already have a bullpen with like 60 girls in it.

northernbillfan
07-21-2011, 08:58 AM
I dont think having our own forum is a bad idea, but we dont really get in the way in the TZ either. Plus we get more exposure there.Done

The King
07-21-2011, 09:03 AM
I'll continue to move the daily threads over here.

northernbillfan
07-21-2011, 09:07 AM
I'll continue to move the daily threads over here.I moved all threads from the introduction of the keeper game to today over here.

The King
07-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Do you care if we actually call the forum Bang or Bucks?

Bob is a little vague for newer users

northernbillfan
07-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Do you care if we actually call the forum Bang or Bucks?

Bob is a little vague for newer usersHow many new users even navigate over to the TZ? The description says it all tho, babes, bux and bids. Perhaps we could have a discussion on this.

Dozerdog
07-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Personally- there is no penalty to the owners who jack up the price of an ugly chick then dump her

It's like the New York Rangers paying crazy money to players then just cutting them. There has to be some consequence -

I keep waiting for the cap space to run out as the chicks get hotter (like a Scarlett Johanssen) but what good is it if someone bids 150K on someone then just gets rid of her 2 weeks later? The same people will just keep buying

I like this game a lot- it has great potential/ but there has to be some sort of penalty for spending mayhem. Wasn't the idea to have like a stable of 5-10 chicks totalling $200K? Most people will only have 2-3 girls and max out.

Dozerdog
07-21-2011, 09:16 AM
If you want new users to navigate into this forum- get a catchy title-

BoB? :clump:

The King
07-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Personally- there is no penalty to the owners who jack up the price of an ugly chick then dump her

It's like the New York Rangers paying crazy money to players then just cutting them. There has to be some consequence -

I keep waiting for the cap space to run out as the chicks get hotter (like a Scarlett Johanssen) but what good is it if someone bids 150K on someone then just gets rid of her 2 weeks later? The same people will just keep buying

I like this game a lot- it has great potential/ but there has to be some sort of penalty for spending mayhem. Wasn't the idea to have like a stable of 5-10 chicks totalling $200K? Most people will only have 2-3 girls and max out.

They lose 10K off their cap in penalties each time they go to FA

jamze132
07-21-2011, 09:33 AM
A union we should form. Maybe ***** about a CBA?

northernbillfan
07-21-2011, 09:42 AM
A union we should form. Maybe ***** about a CBA?That's my point.

Novacane
07-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Draft? Raising the cap? Setting limits on bids? Who should be in the talent pool?

I'm just trying to have fun with this game and take it to another level of foolishness.

I mean the NFL owners have secret meetings all the time and come up with suggestions for the commisioner.

.......and what if we decide we want to do one of those things and King says eff you? :rofl:

TacklingDummy
07-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Maybe we should know the lineup of women coming up. That way we plan our cap accordingly.

Some people might not spend $165k on Winnie if they knew Jennifer Love was eventually going to show up.

Dujek
07-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I think all the people that got cards in the trial period should be forced to give them up to be re-auctioned, as they went for prices that are far lower than what the market would have paid.

The King
07-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Maybe we should know the lineup of women coming up. That way we plan our cap accordingly.

Some people might not spend $165k on Winnie if they knew Jennifer Love was eventually going to show up.

Exactly, which is why you need to think before you bid.

The King
07-21-2011, 09:50 AM
I think all the people that got cards in the trial period should be forced to give them up to be re-auctioned, as they went for prices that are far lower than what the market would have paid.

True... but that's their reward for helping me try out the idea.

BLeonard
07-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Here's my thoughts...

Yes, I would like to see more days were multiple girls are up for bid and you can only bid on one (I'm pretty sure I gave King the idea to begin with). But, he's already said that'll happen.

Someone mentioned a "Draft" type thing.... This was my idea:

King could set a fair price... Let's say $35k. Everyone that day, instead of sending in a bid, would PM him with a girl that has not yet been introduced into the game, that they are willing to pay the preset price for. If, at the end of the day, you are the only person that picks that girl, you get her for that price. If multiple people pick the same person, nobody gets her (those that fall into that category could be a sort of a lineup for King for the next auctions, like he did for Gwen Stefani and Danni Boatwright). This would give everyone a chance to get a card at a fair price, but you obviously risk not getting one, if you select someone that is "too popular." It would open up the game a bit, most likley introducing players to girls that other players didn't even know existed.

I think NOT having an idea of who's coming up next is better. It again forces people to spend wisely. The unpredictability of "who's coming up tomorrow?" is part of what makes the game fun and gets people to check in every day.

I think there should be a penalty imposed if someone doesn't pay for a card they won. While it's likely we'll never need to enforce the rule, it's always nice to have something in place, just in case.

As for raising the cap? NO. Just NO! Everyone knew the rules on day 1. If you were too stupid to burn through a good portion of your cap, that's your problem. There's ways to unload the cards... You want to unload a card, you have options. Raising that cap would just allow people to continuously bid high and, in that scenario, the people with the most ZB simply would run away with every auction. On top of that, people that don't have as many ZB would be crying about not having enough and asking King for more ZB all the time. The cap is fine as it is. You want to save cap space? Don't bid so high every day. They don't raise the cap in the middle of any sports season, they do it the NEXT "season," which I assume for us will be next year, assuming King decides to keep it going.

Just my thoughts.

-Bill

The King
07-21-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm strongly opposed to a draft. Especially in this first run at the game. Super-celebs like Aniston, Alba, Jolie, Johansen, Biel, Kunis would all be hitting the market at once. Sure some would go to FA but some wouldn't and owning one of those girls at 35K isn't right when you think about how the game has been played. Part of what makes this game interesting is knowing that when your girl comes up that you might not get her... it's part of what makes this a game.

I will consider a draft after we select the winner from this year as a way to maybe redistribute the pool. But we're a bit off from that happening.

BLeonard
07-21-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm strongly opposed to a draft. Especially in this first run at the game. Super-celebs like Aniston, Alba, Jolie, Johansen, Biel, Kunis would all be hitting the market at once. Sure some would go to FA but some wouldn't and owning one of those girls at 35K isn't right when you think about how the game has been played. Part of what makes this game interesting is knowing that when your girl comes up that you might not get her... it's part of what makes this a game.

I will consider a draft after we select the winner from this year as a way to maybe redistribute the pool. But we're a bit off from that happening.

OK, maybe a modification of my idea above... You set a price, and players send in their girl of choice... If they're the only one to pick her, they win her... Basically just like the above.

Here's the modification: You put out a list beforehand of women that can't be bid on in this scenario. That way, you could put the "super celebs" on that list and players would then know at least you're going to put them up at some time. Maybe you could just say "Nobody on the Maxim Hot 100 is eligible or soemthing... That would cover the "super celebs," I would think.

My issue is, I have a few women in mind that I'm not even sure will be up for auction at all... I'd like to see a way to get them and it might introduce all players to women that they didn't even know about before. I'm sure others have those "little known" women as well that might not even get put up for auction, thus, not being able to be won.

I just want to see a way to get a "diamond in the rough" of sorts. This would also allow everyone to possibly win one card at a reasonable price, which gets more people in the game.

Part of what makes this game interesting is knowing that when your girl comes up that you might not get her... it's part of what makes this a game.

I don't have an issue with the "super celebs" that I'm sure will be up... But, what if my girl never even is up for auction? That's what I'm trying to figure out a way to get those kinda women in the game.

-Bill

Static
07-21-2011, 10:32 AM
The game is fine the way it is.

The King
07-21-2011, 10:37 AM
I don't have an issue with the "super celebs" that I'm sure will be up... But, what if my girl never even is up for auction? That's what I'm trying to figure out a way to get those kinda women in the game.

-Bill

Just send me a list of names. I'll get them into the queue.

BLeonard
07-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Just send me a list of names. I'll get them into the queue.

I can do that, but it'll be later in the year... When even more morons have burned through the majority of their cap... :funny:

-Bill

EricStratton
07-21-2011, 11:00 AM
The Free Agency penalty is the only issue I have. Maybe hit the dumper for 10% instead of 5%.

Otherwise the game is great but this forum should be Bang or Bucks, not BoB

The King
07-21-2011, 11:02 AM
The Free Agency penalty is the only issue I have. Maybe hit the dumper for 10% instead of 5%.

Otherwise the game is great but this forum should be Bang or Bucks, not BoB

The penalty is a flat 10,000 cap hit. If you use FA your cap drops from 200 to 190. Regardless of the price of the card.

EricStratton
07-21-2011, 11:04 AM
The penalty is a flat 10,000 cap hit. If you use FA your cap drops from 200 to 190. Regardless of the price of the card.

I was talking percentage of your cap. 10000 is 5% or 200000.

EricStratton
At least I think it is, I'm not a math teacher.

The King
Ohhh I thought you were talking on the card value.

chernobylwraiths
07-21-2011, 11:24 AM

Well, it doesn't really penalize the people who outrageously overbid for someone. That one girl that SabreEleven got for 80,000 only would have cost him 10,000 in cap space. Or if Clump sold his girl back, it would only cost him 10,000 of his cap space (plus not being able to bid for two days). That is why I suggested using the buyback figure as the cap hit. People would really think twice about both bidding too high AND selling back if they knew the cap hit would be so big.

There should not be a raising of the cap figure for the first year. It would screw up everyone's planning if it went way up.

This will sound like *****ing, but there should be a limit of how much you can "buy" someone for. That fact that it is creating some "millionaires" is one thing, but some people "printing" zbs and just giving them out is kind of making the zbs worthless. (I know, ironic) But it is more difficult for those that are closer to the cap to compete with those that have millions.

The King
07-21-2011, 11:30 AM
I agree 100% cher.... I did not want Historian dishing out cash the way he did. It definitely screwed up the value of ZB's which I was trying to bring back.

People needed a donation of 100,000 and they got 1 MIL.

chernobylwraiths
07-21-2011, 11:37 AM
I agree 100% cher.... I did not want Historian dishing out cash the way he did. It definitely screwed up the value of ZB's which I was trying to bring back.

Is it strange to you too that one of the richest zoners sold his only win for 200,000 zbs?

I seriously thought about selling mine in order to have a little for "buying" someone I really liked until I image searched her and saw that I would be crazy to do it.

BLeonard
07-21-2011, 11:43 AM
This will sound like *****ing, but there should be a limit of how much you can "buy" someone for. That fact that it is creating some "millionaires" is one thing, but some people "printing" zbs and just giving them out is kind of making the zbs worthless. (I know, ironic) But it is more difficult for those that are closer to the cap to compete with those that have millions.

In order for a sale to take place, both parties have to agree on a price... I don't see how setting a limit would change things. I could offer a million ZB for a card, but if the card owner doesn't accept the deal, it doesn't happen.

Regardless, everyone still has the $200k cap that they need to operate under. If cards continue to go at high prices, those close to the cap already won't have a shot at anymore cards, no matter how many ZB they have. If they have little cap room and can't get a person with a cheap card value to sell, they won't win anyway.

If someone wants to offer a million ZB for a card, why shouldn't I be allowed to sell it for that? Even if you want to set a cap on sales now (which I don't agree with) you have to set it at $501,000 which has already been accepted as a deal. In fairness, Historian did that very early in the game and well, his cap situation is pretty screwed anyway, at least, IMO.

-Bill

Historian
07-21-2011, 11:44 AM

WAAAAA!!!

You two ought to get married.

BLeonard
07-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Is it strange to you too that one of the richest zoners sold his only win for 200,000 zbs?

I assume you mean Mikey, with Drew Barrymore...

Well, what if Mikey simply didn't want to play anymore? I assume he wouldn't care about the "selling limit" and simply sell to the highest bidder. I don't see an issue with that.

Another thing, Drew was up for auction for everyone... If someone wanted her for more than what he won her for, they should have bid that for her... They would have won her, along with the right to do whatever they want with her.

I know I'm saying this as one of the "richer" players in the game, but keep in mind... I have no cards, which means I haven't been willing to bid high enough to win one, nor have I been able to buy one off of someone... You can have all the ZB in the world, but if you don't win an auction, or hit the right price for someone, you're not gonna get a card.

-Bill

BlackMetalNinja
07-21-2011, 11:59 AM
In order for a sale to take place, both parties have to agree on a price... I don't see how setting a limit would change things. I could offer a million ZB for a card, but if the card owner doesn't accept the deal, it doesn't happen.

Regardless, everyone still has the $200k cap that they need to operate under. If cards continue to go at high prices, those close to the cap already won't have a shot at anymore cards, no matter how many ZB they have. If they have little cap room and can't get a person with a cheap card value to sell, they won't win anyway.

If someone wants to offer a million ZB for a card, why shouldn't I be allowed to sell it for that? Even if you want to set a cap on sales now (which I don't agree with) you have to set it at $501,000 which has already been accepted as a deal. In fairness, Historian did that very early in the game and well, his cap situation is pretty screwed anyway, at least, IMO.

-BillThe issue with Historian was that he used his admin ability to just hand himself a ton of ZBs and then use them to make purchases. There were a handful of us that had actually gained our ZBs through posting and betting with Fat Tony, etc. I handed out like 600k+ to get people involved, which I think was Historians goal in a round about way, but too many people were getting too much handed to them.

Part of Bedard's goal with the game was to give ZBs more value, since most people really don't do anything with them. Printing ZBs and over-inflating our little fake economy here didn't help his goal much.

BLeonard
07-21-2011, 12:12 PM
The issue with Historian was that he used his admin ability to just hand himself a ton of ZBs and then use them to make purchases. There were a handful of us that had actually gained our ZBs through posting and betting with Fat Tony, etc. I handed out like 600k+ to get people involved, which I think was Historians goal in a round about way, but too many people were getting too much handed to them.

Part of Bedard's goal with the game was to give ZBs more value, since most people really don't do anything with them. Printing ZBs and over-inflating our little fake economy here didn't help his goal much.

I understand that, but, the card owners had to agree to sell... I'm not saying Historian got his ZB in the most ethical way, but, if the owners of the cards would have simply said no, it wouldn't have mattered how much he offered. Also, as I mentioned before, those buys were made very early in the game and, given his current cap situation, I'm thinking he's gonna have a hard time winning the game anyway.

Historain gave me some cash, as others have and I appreciate it, as I wouldn't have been able to play without it. But, just because I have cash doesn't mean I'm gonna blow half a mil on one card. I've tried to buy a few cards here and there and am yet to be successful... I also haven't won any auctions, so it's not like simply having the cash makes it that much easier.

Perhaps a rule for next year would be that you can only have X amount of card face value, while beinag allowed to spend Y total on purchasing cards... But, I don't think it would be fair to invoke that rule now, as those purchases have already taken place.

-Bill

northernbillfan
07-21-2011, 12:18 PM
I assume you mean Mikey, with Drew Barrymore...

Well, what if Mikey simply didn't want to play anymore? I assume he wouldn't care about the "selling limit" and simply sell to the highest bidder. I don't see an issue with that.

Another thing, Drew was up for auction for everyone... If someone wanted her for more than what he won her for, they should have bid that for her... They would have won her, along with the right to do whatever they want with her.

I know I'm saying this as one of the "richer" players in the game, but keep in mind... I have no cards, which means I haven't been willing to bid high enough to win one, nor have I been able to buy one off of someone... You can have all the ZB in the world, but if you don't win an auction, or hit the right price for someone, you're not gonna get a card.

-BillAs the person who purchased Drew from Mike I need to set the record straight. I did put in a bid that was just slightly higher than Mike's was. I also put in a gag bid on Stern's wife, but onlyu as a gag. I didn't read the rules properly and missed out on the winning bid for Drew. So I went out to obtain her.

I was also "printing" money for people to use in this game, but I was only giving out the cap amount to a certain few who didn't have anything to play with.

BLeonard
07-21-2011, 12:26 PM
As the person who purchased Drew from Mike I need to set the record straight. I did put in a bid that was just slightly higher than Mike's was. I also put in a gag bid on Stern's wife, but onlyu as a gag. I didn't read the rules properly and missed out on the winning bid for Drew. So I went out to obtain her.

I was also "printing" money for people to use in this game, but I was only giving out the cap amount to a certain few who didn't have anything to play with.

That cool, I was just using it as an example, since it was brought up.

Like I said before, if you say, for example, a $250k face card value and max $1,000,000 spent total on cards, that would curb the issue, as people wouldn't be as willing to pay high prices to buy cards... But, since it's already happened, I don't think it should be implemented until next year... Unless you wanna set a total limit over what Historian has already spent on buying.

The point is, if he was able to spend 1,001,000 on buying cards in this year's game, why shouldn't anyone else be allowed to?

In the end, for transactions to take place, you need a buyer and a seller to agree... Just because Historain offers you $3,000,000 for Drew Barrymore doesn't mean you have to sell her.

-Bill

BlackMetalNinja
07-21-2011, 12:28 PM
I understand that, but, the card owners had to agree to sell... I'm not saying Historian got his ZB in the most ethical way, but, if the owners of the cards would have simply said no, it wouldn't have mattered how much he offered. Also, as I mentioned before, those buys were made very early in the game and, given his current cap situation, I'm thinking he's gonna have a hard time winning the game anyway.

Historain gave me some cash, as others have and I appreciate it, as I wouldn't have been able to play without it. But, just because I have cash doesn't mean I'm gonna blow half a mil on one card. I've tried to buy a few cards here and there and am yet to be successful... I also haven't won any auctions, so it's not like simply having the cash makes it that much easier.

Perhaps a rule for next year would be that you can only have X amount of card face value, while beinag allowed to spend Y total on purchasing cards... But, I don't think it would be fair to invoke that rule now, as those purchases have already taken place.

-BillUnderstand all that, but still... it doesn't really serve Bedard's original objective. You've gone from just really getting started posting here, to the 6th wealthiest Zoner in a month because others donated to you at a ridiculous level. I don't think that was the intent.

Historian
07-21-2011, 12:38 PM
I've had the time of my life watching Beddard throw a hissy fit every time something didn't go his way.

He's become the new OP via this game. Too funny!

It's Cher who really makes it all worthwhile though. Watching him piss and moan about every rule and every minute facet of this game is pure comic gold.

The best part is watching him in the middle of his hissy fit, have a moment of pure clarity....where he realizes how silly it is that he's arguing at all....then just revert back to arguing and whining.

It's priceless.

To be honest, all i really wanted was to be able to display a picture of Cameron Diaz in my sig. I could care less about the game....so if you all want to vote me off the island, I'm cool with that. I was only in it for a laugh.

:up:

BLeonard
07-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Understand all that, but still... it doesn't really serve Bedard's original objective. You've gone from just really getting started posting here, to the 6th wealthiest Zoner in a month because others donated to you at a ridiculous level. I don't think that was the intent.

Fair enough... All's I'm saying is, now that we're into the game, the rules shouldn't start changing and "grandfathering" people in... Sabre, for example, put two cards back into FA, while receiving no cap hit or days off of bidding for doing so. Granted, it didn't really help him, as he put himself back in cap hell pretty quick. But, a rule was made to somewhat discourage it from happening a lot.

If King wants to put in a rule saying, you can only spend $200k face value on cards and a max of $1,500,000 spending total, I have no issue with that, because nobody has reached that level as of yet. But, I don't think he should set the total limit spent below $1,001,000 since that mark has already been reached.

There are also people now wanting to raise the cap... Even as a "richer player," I'm very much against it... Reason? I don't like trying to hit a moving target. We all knew the cap when the game started, some just wanted to blow half of it in one shot... Now, they want to be able to spend more, because they screwed up.

I just don't wanna see rules made in the middle of the game that aren't, at minimum, equal to what has already taken place. if you wanna "grandfather" Historian in and now set a total purchase limit of $1,000,000 I wouldn't like it, but in the end, it's only 1k... Not a big deal... But, setting a total purchase limit of, say $500k now would be VERY much a big deal.

Finally, no I didn't post here a lot, but I've been a member since 2003, so I've been around, though I admit, King's game now has me checking in and posting much more than I did before.

-Bill

The King
07-21-2011, 12:50 PM
I've had the time of my life watching Beddard throw a hissy fit every time something didn't go his way.

It's Cher who really makes it all worthwhile though. Watching him piss and moan about every rule and every minute facet of this game is pure comic gold.

The best part is watching him in the middle of his hissy fit, have a moment of pure clarity....where he realizes how silly it is that he's arguing at all....then just revert back to arguing and whining.

It's priceless.

To be honest, all i really wanted was to be able to display a picture of Cameron Diaz in my sig. I could care less about the game....so if you all want to vote me off the island, I'm cool with that. I was only in it for a laugh.

You had the time of your life?

We just moved on. I like causing trouble as much as the next, but get a little more creative with it. By messing with the game you're only hurting the site. I try my ass off to drive traffic and keep people interested in the site. But I'll make it work regardless of what you do.

And to think I threw a hissy fit? I told you if you're trying to help; you're not. I have no desire to ban anyone from the game, the more people that play the more fun it is. I just don't see why messing with something that ultimately helps the site is "priceless".

Historian
07-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Little defensive, are we?

:roflmao:

The King
07-21-2011, 01:40 PM
:rofl: :lmao: :spit:

jamze132
07-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Here's my thoughts...

Yes, I would like to see more days were multiple girls are up for bid and you can only bid on one (I'm pretty sure I gave King the idea to begin with). But, he's already said that'll happen. OR... And this is a crazy idea, we could just continue with the auction as it is going fine in this first edition. I know I am way out in right field with this suggestion...

Someone mentioned a "Draft" type thing.... This was my idea:

King could set a fair price... Let's say $35k. Everyone that day, instead of sending in a bid, would PM him with a girl that has not yet been introduced into the game, that they are willing to pay the preset price for. If, at the end of the day, you are the only person that picks that girl, you get her for that price. If multiple people pick the same person, nobody gets her (those that fall into that category could be a sort of a lineup for King for the next auctions, like he did for Gwen Stefani and Danni Boatwright). This would give everyone a chance to get a card at a fair price, but you obviously risk not getting one, if you select someone that is "too popular." It would open up the game a bit, most likley introducing players to girls that other players didn't even know existed. OR... And this is a crazy idea, we could just continue with the auction as it is going fine in this first edition. I know I am way out in right field with this suggestion...

I think NOT having an idea of who's coming up next is better. It again forces people to spend wisely. The unpredictability of "who's coming up tomorrow?" is part of what makes the game fun and gets people to check in every day.

I think there should be a penalty imposed if someone doesn't pay for a card they won. While it's likely we'll never need to enforce the rule, it's always nice to have something in place, just in case.

As for raising the cap? NO. Just NO! Everyone knew the rules on day 1. If you were too stupid to burn through a good portion of your cap, that's your problem. There's ways to unload the cards... You want to unload a card, you have options. Raising that cap would just allow people to continuously bid high and, in that scenario, the people with the most ZB simply would run away with every auction. On top of that, people that don't have as many ZB would be crying about not having enough and asking King for more ZB all the time. The cap is fine as it is. You want to save cap space? Don't bid so high every day. They don't raise the cap in the middle of any sports season, they do it the NEXT "season," which I assume for us will be next year, assuming King decides to keep it going.

Just my thoughts.

-Bill

northernbillfan
07-21-2011, 02:50 PM
The only reason I brought this up is because I don't think any of us will get 10 cards unless someone has a fire sale.

Mr. Pink
07-21-2011, 03:00 PM
I think the cap penalties should be much more substantial than what they are now. It might curtail some of this absolutely ridiculous bidding. I gotta tell you I almost don't feel inclined to even participate because I know my bid is gonna be doubled or even worse on a daily basis. I'm sure I'm not the only who has this feeling.

And to NBF, NO ONE is gonna have more than 5 cards the way the people have been bidding on everyone.

Mr. Pink
07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Seriously, every day basically the girl is going for >1/3 of someone's cap room.

The idea is genius, but something is clearly wrong.

BLeonard
07-21-2011, 03:08 PM
And to NBF, NO ONE is gonna have more than 5 cards the way the people have been bidding on everyone.

I wouldn't bet on that... We've still got 5 1/2 months to go... That's a LOT of cards...

How many people are playing total? Maybe 20? Of that, I'd say about 5 are close to the cap as is... Another 3-4 are over halfway to their cap.

In October, when there's maybe 4 people able to bid, they'll rack up cards cheap and quick.

-Bill

EricStratton
07-21-2011, 03:27 PM
In October, when there's maybe 4 people able to bid, they'll rack up cards cheap and quick.

-Bill

And we all know a game with 3 or 4 players cure brings in the excitement.

The King
07-21-2011, 03:42 PM
my concerns exactly.

chernobylwraiths
07-21-2011, 07:35 PM

It's priceless.

If this is the "time of your life" and you are older than me, you must have had a pretty boring life with your mullett, t-tops and trans am.

I have always been about being fair. Any game I play, I like it to be fair.

BLeonard
07-21-2011, 08:25 PM
And we all know a game with 3 or 4 players cure brings in the excitement.

If people wouldn't have bid over a quarter of their cap (sometimes more) on one card, they'd have more cap room to play longer...

Everyone knew the cap from the start... some apparently can't manage it well and have bought themselves out of the game a month in... That's their prerogative, but when those people close out their cap with 2-3, maybe 4 cards and there's many more cards to be won, it'll be very exciting for those who were patient enough to have the foresight to not thow $50k plus at every card in the first month of the game.

-Bill

TacklingDummy
07-21-2011, 08:56 PM
I think the cap penalties should be much more substantial than what they are now. It might curtail some of this absolutely ridiculous bidding. I gotta tell you I almost don't feel inclined to even participate because I know my bid is gonna be doubled or even worse on a daily basis. I'm sure I'm not the only who has this feeling.

The last month of the game the chicks will go cheap to the people who haven't been bidding.

BLeonard
07-21-2011, 09:10 PM
The last month of the game the chicks will go cheap to the people who haven't been winning and/or have cap room left.

Fixed it for ya... Personally, I've put in a bid pretty much everyday, just not as much as the bids that have ended up winning.

-Bill

Michael82
07-22-2011, 11:52 AM
BTW, I bid on Drew because I really liked her. But nbf wanted her more, so I chose to sell her. I am now sitting on the sidelines waiting for the prices to come down or until my own personal top 10 list of chicks is available.

TacklingDummy
07-22-2011, 12:13 PM
. I am now sitting on the sidelines waiting for the prices to come down or until my own personal top 10 list of chicks is available.
You don't know if any will come out.

Michael82
07-22-2011, 12:57 PM
You don't know if any will come out.
No, but I have others that I like more that may come out. There's still plenty of time.