PDA

View Full Version : One comment from Goodell that's important- No vote, nothing happens Sat.

X-Era
07-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Goodell's words: "With this ratification and with the ratification of the NFLPA board, we will be prepared to open the training facilities beginning on this Saturday"

It's important because it means the doors won't open on Saturday if the players haven't agreed to this deal. Goodell is pretty much killing any notion that players will show up and be let in on Saturday if they haven't voted on a deal yet.

DraftBoy
07-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Let's see what happens today before we jump to conclusions on what will/could happen tomorrow.

X-Era
07-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Let's see what happens today before we jump to conclusions on what will/could happen tomorrow.I agree. I think some out there felt that the doors would swing open Saturday even if the players hadn't voted yet.

DraftBoy
07-22-2011, 07:17 AM
I agree. I think some out there felt that the doors would swing open Saturday even if the players hadn't voted yet.

Oh well in that case yea I can't see that happening.

jamze132
07-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Talks will continue on for the next week or so and once everyone starts losing money from pre-season games, a deal will be completed. I hope I'm wrong though, I need a FA frenzy now!

Extremebillsfan247
07-22-2011, 09:00 PM
We are about 2 weeks out at most in my opinion. I'm thinking it will be over by August 5th. Even though it could happen sooner, I just don't see it. August 5th is still sooner than I originally expected though. My original prediction had it ending by August 20th. The doors wont open tomorrow. Players will probably stretch this thing into the middle of next week. But we are still very close to the end of the lockout. It could happen any time between now and then.

YardRat
07-22-2011, 09:08 PM
They've already pushed out the Saturday date.

The owners have really put the onus on the players to determine when the league year will start and how much of the 'season' from this point on will be lost or salvaged.

IMO it goes into next week without a vote, the league cancels the first week of pre-season games, D.Smith's ******* tightens up like a frog's under water, then the players will vote on and pass the agreement.

better days
07-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Talks will continue on for the next week or so and once everyone starts losing money from pre-season games, a deal will be completed. I hope I'm wrong though, I need a FA frenzy now!

Don't we all.

Kelly The Dog
07-22-2011, 10:35 PM
The Bills weren't supposed to be in training camp until the 29th. Under the owners plan (which likely won't happen now), the Bills would have reported two days earlier than if there was no lockout. Granted, we lost the OTAs, like everyone, but the owners IMO were trying to get the players in for non contact stuff this saturday just to make up for the missed OTA time, not because the time is critical. Now that the Hall of Fame game has been cancelled and everyone will play four preseason games, the camps can open, on time, a week from now.

That is still likely to happen. The front office duties and the mad dash to sign FAs, UDFA, RFA and UFA will be the crazy stuff.

Cntrygal
07-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Plane tix for september are already expensive... If I wait to the middle of August they will really suck. Someone tell the NFL that the odds are steadily decreasing that I will buy one...