PDA

View Full Version : LOL at 2012 Mock Drafts from new AFC East draft sites

TigerJ
07-22-2011, 01:33 PM
These are the sites that Draftboy is involved with and promoted recently. Walter Football added them to its 2012 database. None from the Patriots draft site yet, but the Jets and Dolphin draft sites have Buffalo drafting 3rd in 2012, versus (what I presume is) Draftboy's mock which has Buffalo drafting ninth overall. Obviously, oour AFC East opponents don't have a very high opinion of Buffalo's rebuilding plans and progress so far.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

BLeonard
07-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Until I see results on the football field, I won't have a very high opinion of our rebuilding plans and progress, either...

The Bills have been "rebuilding" since 2001... I expected it to go a bit quicker than this.

-Bill

justasportsfan
07-22-2011, 02:00 PM
IMO< the bills will be better than the fins this year offensively.

Bangarang
07-22-2011, 02:03 PM
You can't blame them for thinking we'll be picking 3rd again. Until we start beating teams and not allowing 170 yards rushing every game, we don't deserve much praise or respect.

PromoTheRobot
07-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Whenever people "predict" the future they just repeat what happened the year earlier.

PTR

WeAreArthurMoates
07-22-2011, 02:11 PM
lol. Miami Dolphins draft have the fins drafting at 15 over teams like the cowpokes and texans.

The fins have who at qb? They have a new OC who barely has any time left to install his new offense.

There is no doubt, the fins have a new OC coming in, and a coordinator who has had a poor track record. On top of that, they have a HC who's in the worst lame duck coaching situation I've seen. TS was basically fired and only brought back cause they couldn't get a "better" coach.

OpIv37
07-22-2011, 02:11 PM
These are the sites that Draftboy is involved with and promoted recently. Walter Football added them to its 2012 database. None from the Patriots draft site yet, but the Jets and Dolphin draft sites have Buffalo drafting 3rd in 2012, versus (what I presume is) Draftboy's mock which has Buffalo drafting ninth overall. Obviously, oour AFC East opponents don't have a very high opinion of Buffalo's rebuilding plans and progress so far.

Well, our "rebuilding plans" so far involve relying on rookies and 2nd year guys who got no practice time because of the lockout.

We'll get respect when we earn it.

trapezeus
07-22-2011, 02:21 PM
i think we'll get significantly better at stopping the run. however, since we let 8 games with 200+ yards rushing last year, significantly better and NFL level are not even close to the same thing.

if dareus is in top shape and what he's supposed to be, i think our crappy LB core might actually be able to perform. and if merriman is healthy can can take advantage of troup, carrington, dareus, williams and edwards being big bodies in the middle, the bills could really be a middle of the pack defense.

the bills still have to sort out their OL issues, but they are probably in better shape this year than last year. I think a full year of wood as C will be a big upgrade. let's see if they get a RT in FA. That could make running on first down a real threat. which put spiller on the field and able to bounce outside.

however, if they get a luke warm effort from players like they have for the last several years and gailey doesn't keep improving, we're looking at Jauron 2.0.

DraftBoy
07-22-2011, 04:45 PM

The Patriots site has a mock up;
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-nfl-mock-draft

Bills drafting Luck #1 overall.

You are correct the mock on BBD is mine. In all honesty I see this as a 4-6 win team right now. They'll be better next year on D, but Im not sure the O will be. It all rides on Fitzy and the OL.

EDS
07-22-2011, 05:36 PM

At least in the case of the Miami site it appears they are just using the 2011 draft order (trades included, oddly).

Mike13
07-22-2011, 05:46 PM

Thats not saying much.

DrGraves
07-22-2011, 06:35 PM
looks pretty accurate to me... i love the bills as much as the rest of you but this team wont win more than 3 games

YardRat
07-22-2011, 08:24 PM
looks pretty accurate to me... i love the bills as much as the rest of you but this team wont win more than 3 games

Yes, they will.

Extremebillsfan247
07-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Assuming there is a full season, the Bills will win 9 games this year. That's my prediction and will stick to it.

Johnny Bugmenot
07-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Assuming there is a full season, the Bills will win 9 games this year. That's my prediction and will stick to it.
:/ I think that's probably on the high end, but given the team's current talent level I would be more likely to expect a 6 to 8 win season, along the lines of the Club Jauron days except with more upside.

BillsFever21
07-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Until I see results on the football field, I won't have a very high opinion of our rebuilding plans and progress, either...

The Bills have been "rebuilding" since 2001... I expected it to go a bit quicker than this.

-Bill
I agree. Every year tons of people laugh about the lack of wins we're predicted to have and that we're going to be improved from a new draft class, experience, etc..

I don't think we will be as low as the 3rd pick in the draft again but I see this as a 6 or 7 win team and MAYBE 8 wins at the very best if the breaks fall our way. My guess would be 6 wins this season though. That will put us somewhere in or around the Top 10. I don't see us as a 4 win team again though unless we don't re-sign any of our FA's or any significant FA's and play nothing but our rookies.

We will see a slight improvement but nothing drastic. It's going to take more then one offseason and one hopeful draft class to even think about contending for the playoffs. Especially with the lockout and all of the young players we're depending on not getting the full offseason of learning with the team.

Extremebillsfan247
07-22-2011, 09:10 PM
:/ I think that's probably on the high end, but given the team's current talent level I would be more likely to expect a 6 to 8 win season, along the lines of the Club Jauron days except with more upside.I'm not thinking 9 wins because they've turned the corner or anything. I think this year they will win out of circumstance. I most likely could be wrong, but that's why its a prediction. lol Just having fun with it.

better days
07-22-2011, 09:25 PM

-Bill

Well, every time a HC or front office changes, they start from scratch so the clock is reset. So under this regime they are only into their 2nd year.

tampabay25690
07-23-2011, 07:39 AM

I think the Bills will be better all around then the Phins this year.

Mr. Pink
07-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Why would outside sources predicting the Bills to pick in the top 5 surprise everyone? We haven't proven to be anything better than that.

tampabay25690
07-23-2011, 07:48 AM
I dont think we pass on Landry Jones if he is there....
But what do I know I guess....

DraftBoy
07-23-2011, 09:09 AM
I think its interesting everybody seems to think we take a QB but this team is still capable of the 6-9 win range. If we win 8+ games then Im not sure QB is going to be the first place we need to look.

Just saying.

scartown
07-23-2011, 11:32 AM
I think its interesting everybody seems to think we take a QB but this team is still capable of the 6-9 win range. If we win 8+ games then Im not sure QB is going to be the first place we need to look.

Just saying.

To be fair everybody thought we would pick a QB for the last three years :)

TigerJ
07-23-2011, 11:36 AM
I think it is most likely that the Bills pick in the 5 to 10 range in 2012. I don't think there is any reason to believe they'll be worse than last year, which is what a first or third overall pick seems to suggest. Whether or not the Bills target a QB has a lot to do with how Fitzpatrick plays this coming season.

PromoTheRobot
07-25-2011, 06:05 PM

So you are saying Darius has zero impact?

PTR