• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Supplemental Revenue Sharing pushed through by Bills owner Ralph Wilson

Shouldn't be surprised that he was one of the driving forces behind it, but looks like he was the one that ultimately made it happen: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011...ills#storyjump

While the players haven't yet voted on it, the deal includes something that has meant little to the NFLPA all along, but has been instrumental for a team like the Buffalo Bills. The new agreement includes a plan for supplemental revenue sharing.
    "A supplemental revenue system, aimed at helping lower-revenue teams, was added to the previous deal only after intense lobbying by Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr."
    -Bill
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Supplemental Revenue Sharing pushed through by Bills owner Ralph Wilson

That little nugget could keep the next Bills owner in WNY.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

I'm very happy but honestly not surprised.

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

Ralph doesn't care about buffalo

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

he did what is in his best interests. i'm surprised that jerry jones who whines about this all the time agreed and didn't put everyone else on his side.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
            he did what is in his best interests. i'm surprised that jerry jones who whines about this all the time agreed and didn't put everyone else on his side.
            I think they all see how much money can be made in the future.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
              The fact small market teams can compete with the LARGE market teams on an even field is a big reason the NFL is so successful & popular.

Jerry Jones being a good businessman probably came to that realization with Ralphs help.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

I just read on Profootballtalk.com that the Teams that make the most money will be taxed 10%, with that money going to the teams that earn the least.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

When the NFL approved a labor deal to which the NFLPA* hadn't, and still hasn't, agreed, the league surprisingly announced a new supplemental revenue sharing plan.

Should be plenty of money to spend.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Ralph Wilson - Hall of Fame Builder

Ralph Wilson - Hall of Shame Owner

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                      • Sep 2002

10% doesn't sound like a lot of money to me. We'll have to take a close look at this as details become available.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by fmr60
                        10% doesn't sound like a lot of money to me. We'll have to take a close look at this as details become available.
                        If it's the top 10 teams your talking about possibly 10% of 9.6 bill/32*10 = 3 billion so it's 10% of that which is 300 million. If it's 5 teams, it's 150 million. That assumes everyone makes the same which isn't true but it at least gives a rough idea on how much we may be talking about. It will also depend on what "local revenue" means... is that a flat 10% of teh total revenue for the big teams or just a portion of their revenue.
                        Last edited by X-Era; 07-23-2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                          If it's the top 10 teams your talking about possibly 10% of 9.6 bill/32*10 = 3 billion so it's 10% of that which is 300 million. If it's 5 teams, it's 150 million. That assumes everyone makes the same which isn't true but it at least gives a rough idea on how much we may be talking about. It will also depend on what "local revenue" means... is that a flat 10% of teh total revenue for the big teams or just a portion of their revenue.
                          I think local revenue is money from suites & premium seating.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by better days
                            I think local revenue is money from suites & premium seating.
                            Even if it's 10 mill for the Bills, it may mean enough to spend more on the talent. That's speculation, I think Nix will shed light on where we are at and what it means to us. I'm sure it will be good and cryptic.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Good work Ralph!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X