X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdbillsfan2
    • Apr 2005

Golisano stokes the fire on Bills' future

The future of the Buffalo Bills, that age-old topic endlessly feared by the team's fans, was once again a topic of conversation this week after comments made by former Sabres owner Tom Golisano during an interview with a Virginia television station.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Golisano stokes the fire on Bills' future

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2
    The future of the Buffalo Bills, that age-old topic endlessly feared by the team's fans, was once again a topic of conversation this week after comments made by former Sabres owner Tom Golisano during an interview with a Virginia television station.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboa...28BillBoard%29

With people like Kelly & Golisano wanting to keep the Bills in Buffalo, I think the future of the Bills in Buffalo is much more assured than many people think.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

The Bills aren't going anywhere.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I've had a lifelong friend that has told me constantly the Bills will be moving very soon. This has been going on for the last 25 years. ( I'm over 50 )

After yesterdays news that more revenue sharing was pushed through by Ralph, it looks like he'll have a longer wait, even if Ralph dies soon and the team has a new owner. There is little to no incentive to move the Bills within the next 10 years of this agreement, if the reports are true.

It must be killing him to read that news, further diminishing his chances to say " I called it " .
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• McBFLO
          • Mar 2003

I love what I'm hearing about thew new revenue sharing aspect with the new CBA: "top revenue teams" pay at 10% tax on "local revenue"(which I assume would be from luxury boxes, sponsorships, etc) and that $ would go to the "smaller revenue teams". That will also be a HUGE factor IMO in keeping the Bills in Buffalo.
          Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by better days
            With people like Kelly & Golisano wanting to keep the Bills in Buffalo, I think the future of the Bills in Buffalo is much more assured than many people think.
            even Pegula

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

It's not up to them.

Kelly and Golisano don't have the money to buy the team. And even if they did, the decision is on Ralph and the NFL.

Having Kelly and Golisano on the side of keeping the Bills in Buffalo certainly doesn't hurt, but it's no guarantee either.

I don't know why people can't see this.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
                It's not up to them.

Kelly and Golisano don't have the money to buy the team. And even if they did, the decision is on Ralph and the NFL.

Having Kelly and Golisano on the side of keeping the Bills in Buffalo certainly doesn't hurt, but it's no guarantee either.

Well, they both know people that do have money. Ralph will be dead when this goes down & not have any say unless he has already made plans.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Well, they both know people that do have money. Ralph will be dead when this goes down & not have any say unless he has already made plans.
                  If Ralph is dead, then his family has the say, which could be even worse as they have no interest in running the team or paying the taxes that it would take to keep the team.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

If Ralph has no succession strategy then the team is going to go into his estate which will then be sold to the highest bidder. Why some people fail to see this baffles me.

It baffles me further that Ralph, as of today, has no succession plan.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                      If Ralph has no succession strategy then the team is going to go into his estate which will then be sold to the highest bidder. Why some people fail to see this baffles me.

It baffles me further that Ralph, as of today, has no succession plan.
                      How do you know he doesn't? He doesn't have to make it public.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

It's not up to them.

It's not a guarantee, Op, but with Golisano and Pegula showing interest, and Kelly trying to put a consortium together, it gives us a very good chance at a local group purchasing the team. And a favorable revenue sharing agreement makes our chances even better.

The flipside is an out of town owner moving the team at considerable cost - NFL relocation fees and very possibly a new stadium among them - which will not be factors if the team remains in Buffalo.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                          if he has one, why wouldn't he just make it public and make all this nonsense go away?
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SabreEleven

In this day and age, everything gets leaked.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

If Ralph is dead, then his family has the say, which could be even worse as they have no interest in running the team or paying the taxes that it would take to keep the team.
                              If Ralph's wife keeps the team, there will be no, or relatively low, estate taxes. If the team is sold - whether to locals or out-of-towners - there will be hefty estate taxes.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X