• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Per La Canfora: No Exclusive Negotiation Time

No link, he just said it on TV.

And the crazy gets nuttier.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Per La Canfora: No Exclusive Negotiation Time

Man, I've been getting super excited for all of this...then I realized I'll be on a mini-vacation with my family at a lake house from Friday to Sunday. I wonder how many pages of threads I'll return to on the message board here.

Anyway, teams will probably be busy negotiating rookie player contracts, signing UDFA's, but I wouldn't be surprised if a number of teams "tampered" with their own UFA's (you know, like other teams are usually rumored to do in normal free agency).

Crazy.
    Last edited by psubills62; 07-25-2011, 12:29 PM.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

It's going to be nuts. My first thought is on the Poz situation.

Comment

• wmoz11
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by X-Era
        It's going to be nuts. My first thought is on the Poz situation.
        On that Sirius interview I recapped a few weeks ago, he said that although he wants to remain in Buffalo, he's really interested in seeing his value around the league from other teams.

EDIT: I guess being that there is no cushion, he'll be hearing offers from all sides so it really was unavoidable.
        Last edited by wmoz11; 07-25-2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by wmoz11
          On that Sirius interview I recapped a few weeks ago, he said that although he wants to remain in Buffalo, he's really interested in seeing his value around the league from other teams.

I'm thinking he's going to at least test free agency, which obviously doesn't bode well for those of us that want to see him return. Same goes with Florence, I would imagine.
          I'm not that worried that he would take a big deal with someone else right off the bat. I think he gives us a chance to sign him right out of the gate. I think he wants to stay and the Bills want him back. But, someone could feasibly jump in and blow him away.

Comment

• methos4ever
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by X-Era
            I'm not that worried that he would take a big deal with someone else right off the bat. I think he gives us a chance to sign him right out of the gate. I think he wants to stay and the Bills want him back. But, someone could feasibly jump in and blow him away.
            Depends on if he likes the 3-4 or not to me X.

He can sign for money here, or go back to the Tampa 2 with some beasts in NY with the Giants or perhaps in Tampa with the Bucs and replace Ruud.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by psubills62
              Man, I've been getting super excited for all of this...then I realized I'll be on a mini-vacation with my family at a lake house from Friday to Sunday. I wonder how many pages of threads I'll return to on the message board here.

Anyway, teams will probably be busy negotiating rookie player contracts, signing UDFA's, but I wouldn't be surprised if a number of teams "tampered" with their own UFA's (you know, like other teams are usually rumored to do in normal free agency).

Crazy.
              No need for tampering, teams will be able to speak to UFAs as of Tuesday.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mahdi
                No need for tampering, teams will be able to speak to UFAs as of Tuesday.
                You're right, I was reading DB's thread and some rotoworld updates incorrectly.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Official Timeline;
                  Today, the NFL will publish a Free Agency List.

On Tuesday, team facilities will open for voluntary training, conditioning, and classroom instruction.

On Tuesday, trades can begin.

At 10:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, teams may sign drafted rookies, undrafted rookies, and negotiate with (but not sign) their own unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, exclusive-rights players, and franchise players.

Also, beginning at 10:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, teams may negotiate with, but not sign or give offer sheets to, other team’s unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, and franchise players.

At 4:01 p.m. ET on Thursday, teams may waive or terminate player contracts.

At 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams may renegotiate existing player contracts.

Also at 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams sign their own unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, exclusive-rights free agents, and franchise players.

Also at 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams may sign unrestricted free agents from other teams, restricted free agents from other teams, and franchise players from other teams.

Per PFT

COMING SOON...

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

There's still a three-day window without other teams suddenly scooping anybody up. Nothing's official until Friday.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                      There's still a three-day window without other teams suddenly scooping anybody up. Nothing's official until Friday.
                      No window, everybody can negotiate at the same time.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        No window, everybody can negotiate at the same time.
                        I meant, a window of negotiation without anybody signing players. No team will read tomorrow or Wed or Thurs that their FAs signed with another team.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                          I meant, a window of negotiation without anybody signing players. No team will read tomorrow or Wed or Thurs that their FAs signed with another team.
                          No but they could (not 100% sure) reach an agreement in principle.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            No but they could (not 100% sure) reach an agreement in principle.
                            I would think so too. Basically I don't think someone can swoop in and sign Poz away. What could happen is Poz may get a better deal from someone else. But, Poz will have the time to listen to the Bills or anyone else before deciding. The other benefit is that you get an idea before the official signings whether your guy will take a deal elsewhere which gives you time to line up your next option.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Friday, 6 PM ET.

Everybody coordinate their watches in 3...2...1...
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X