PDA

View Full Version : Per La Canfora: No Exclusive Negotiation Time

DraftBoy
07-25-2011, 11:59 AM
No link, he just said it on TV.

And the crazy gets nuttier.

psubills62
07-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Man, I've been getting super excited for all of this...then I realized I'll be on a mini-vacation with my family at a lake house from Friday to Sunday. I wonder how many pages of threads I'll return to on the message board here.

Anyway, teams will probably be busy negotiating rookie player contracts, signing UDFA's, but I wouldn't be surprised if a number of teams "tampered" with their own UFA's (you know, like other teams are usually rumored to do in normal free agency).

Crazy.

X-Era
07-25-2011, 12:31 PM
It's going to be nuts. My first thought is on the Poz situation.

wmoz11
07-25-2011, 12:34 PM
It's going to be nuts. My first thought is on the Poz situation.

On that Sirius interview I recapped a few weeks ago, he said that although he wants to remain in Buffalo, he's really interested in seeing his value around the league from other teams.

EDIT: I guess being that there is no cushion, he'll be hearing offers from all sides so it really was unavoidable.

X-Era
07-25-2011, 12:40 PM
On that Sirius interview I recapped a few weeks ago, he said that although he wants to remain in Buffalo, he's really interested in seeing his value around the league from other teams.

I'm thinking he's going to at least test free agency, which obviously doesn't bode well for those of us that want to see him return. Same goes with Florence, I would imagine.I'm not that worried that he would take a big deal with someone else right off the bat. I think he gives us a chance to sign him right out of the gate. I think he wants to stay and the Bills want him back. But, someone could feasibly jump in and blow him away.

methos4ever
07-25-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm not that worried that he would take a big deal with someone else right off the bat. I think he gives us a chance to sign him right out of the gate. I think he wants to stay and the Bills want him back. But, someone could feasibly jump in and blow him away.
Depends on if he likes the 3-4 or not to me X.

He can sign for money here, or go back to the Tampa 2 with some beasts in NY with the Giants or perhaps in Tampa with the Bucs and replace Ruud.

Mahdi
07-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Man, I've been getting super excited for all of this...then I realized I'll be on a mini-vacation with my family at a lake house from Friday to Sunday. I wonder how many pages of threads I'll return to on the message board here.

Anyway, teams will probably be busy negotiating rookie player contracts, signing UDFA's, but I wouldn't be surprised if a number of teams "tampered" with their own UFA's (you know, like other teams are usually rumored to do in normal free agency).

Crazy.
No need for tampering, teams will be able to speak to UFAs as of Tuesday.

psubills62
07-25-2011, 01:17 PM
No need for tampering, teams will be able to speak to UFAs as of Tuesday.
You're right, I was reading DB's thread and some rotoworld updates incorrectly.

DraftBoy
07-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Official Timeline;
Today, the NFL will publish a Free Agency List.

On Tuesday, team facilities will open for voluntary training, conditioning, and classroom instruction.

On Tuesday, trades can begin.

At 10:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, teams may sign drafted rookies, undrafted rookies, and negotiate with (but not sign) their own unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, exclusive-rights players, and franchise players.

Also, beginning at 10:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, teams may negotiate with, but not sign or give offer sheets to, other team’s unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, and franchise players.

At 4:01 p.m. ET on Thursday, teams may waive or terminate player contracts.

At 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams may renegotiate existing player contracts.

Also at 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams sign their own unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents, exclusive-rights free agents, and franchise players.

Also at 6:00 p.m. ET on Friday, teams may sign unrestricted free agents from other teams, restricted free agents from other teams, and franchise players from other teams.

Per PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/25/the-timeline-given-to-executive-committee-and-player-representatives/

Philagape
07-25-2011, 01:46 PM
There's still a three-day window without other teams suddenly scooping anybody up. Nothing's official until Friday.

DraftBoy
07-25-2011, 02:02 PM
There's still a three-day window without other teams suddenly scooping anybody up. Nothing's official until Friday.

No window, everybody can negotiate at the same time.

Philagape
07-25-2011, 02:19 PM
No window, everybody can negotiate at the same time.

I meant, a window of negotiation without anybody signing players. No team will read tomorrow or Wed or Thurs that their FAs signed with another team.

DraftBoy
07-25-2011, 02:20 PM
I meant, a window of negotiation without anybody signing players. No team will read tomorrow or Wed or Thurs that their FAs signed with another team.

No but they could (not 100% sure) reach an agreement in principle.

X-Era
07-25-2011, 02:23 PM
No but they could (not 100% sure) reach an agreement in principle.I would think so too. Basically I don't think someone can swoop in and sign Poz away. What could happen is Poz may get a better deal from someone else. But, Poz will have the time to listen to the Bills or anyone else before deciding. The other benefit is that you get an idea before the official signings whether your guy will take a deal elsewhere which gives you time to line up your next option.

YardRat
07-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Friday, 6 PM ET.

Everybody coordinate their watches in 3...2...1...

ServoBillieves
07-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Is it friday yet? Also, with the new CBA, what happened to the RFA round tags that were put on the players like Poz and such, are those still in effect or did those get kicked to the curb? Too much to take in all at once.

X-Era
07-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Is it friday yet? Also, with the new CBA, what happened to the RFA round tags that were put on the players like Poz and such, are those still in effect or did those get kicked to the curb? Too much to take in all at once.It looks like they essentially disappeared because the league went 5 accrued seasons instead of 6 like last year.