PDA

View Full Version : CJ's kiss of death

X-Era
07-25-2011, 05:12 PM
" I am very happy n excited to return to buffalo bills nation tom. Behind coach Gailey we will make a big return to the playoffs"

Please don't make these claims... It's too Whitner for me.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/07/25/c-j-on-football-and-playoffs/

OpIv37
07-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Et tu, CJ?

Oldbillsfan
07-25-2011, 05:16 PM
well to his credit he didn't say if he'd be watching them in the stands

X-Era
07-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Et tu, CJ?Hate it. Love the enthusiasm but hate seeing that. Playoffs? Playoffs? Why can I hear Jim Mora clearly right now?

Start with finding a way to beat the Pats. Because if you can do that, you probably can go to the playoffs.

Night Train
07-25-2011, 05:31 PM
It's harmless and a player basically expressing the joy of the moment.

Let's get him ! :rolleyes:

BLeonard
07-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Hate it. Love the enthusiasm but hate seeing that. Playoffs? Playoffs? Why can I hear Jim Mora clearly right now?

I see your Mora and raise you Herm Edwards, Jim Fassel, Dennis Green, Bill Parcells, Buddy Ryan, Mike Ditka, Mike Singletary and Bobby Ross...

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zLlIdZikDk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zLlIdZikDk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

-Bill

Raptor
07-25-2011, 05:36 PM
If as a player your not thinking playoffs heading into each season then i don't want you here

X-Era
07-25-2011, 05:39 PM
If as a player your not thinking playoffs heading into each season then i don't want you hereI get that. I'm actually good with that. I'm simply more scared due to my own ridiculous superstitions than anything else. But I do think he could be a bit more focused on each game, or hell even just his game.

OpIv37
07-25-2011, 05:49 PM
If as a player your not thinking playoffs heading into each season then i don't want you here

Thinking something and saying something publicly to a reporter are two different things.

madness
07-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Two totally different things. How is this a guaranteed prediction meant specifically for the upcoming season?

tampabay25690
07-25-2011, 06:46 PM
I will say I feel much better going into this season then I did last knowing Trent Edwards was are #1 QB.....

Buffalo Thriller
07-25-2011, 07:44 PM
God forbid a player feeling confident.

Bangarang
07-25-2011, 08:49 PM
CJ kissing some butt to get more carries. Hidden agenda folks.

justasportsfan
07-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Two totally different things. How is this a guaranteed prediction meant specifically for the upcoming season?
yup. It's not like he's saying Gailey will take the bills to the playoffs this season.

Dujek
07-26-2011, 03:35 AM
I'm fine with this, as others have said it's not like he's guaranteeing playoffs this season, none of us are drinking that Kool-Aid, but I think Gailey can get the team going in the right direction and be challenging for a playoff spot in 2012.

superbills
07-26-2011, 07:31 AM
So now we're going to evaluate every player's tweets? Good grief :rolleyes:

OpIv37
07-26-2011, 07:33 AM
God forbid a player feeling confident.

Confidence with no basis behind it is arrogance. And arrogance is foolish.

OpIv37
07-26-2011, 07:34 AM
So now we're going to evaluate every player's tweets? Good grief :rolleyes:

yes. Like it or not, that's how the world works now.

I can't stand Twitter. It doesn't make people more stupid, but it does make their stupidity more accessible to others.

Jan Reimers
07-26-2011, 07:45 AM
Confidence with no basis behind it is arrogance. And arrogance is foolish.
No, confidence is needed to succeed at almost any job.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
07-26-2011, 07:47 AM
I will say I feel much better going into this season then I did last knowing Trent Edwards was are #1 QB.....

:10:

OpIv37
07-26-2011, 07:49 AM
No, confidence is needed to succeed at almost any job.

That has nothing to do with the fact that confidence with no basis behind it is arrogance.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
07-26-2011, 07:55 AM
yes. Like it or not, that's how the world works now.

I can't stand Twitter. It doesn't make people more stupid, but it does make their stupidity more accessible to others.

Well if you already hate twitter, then I would say your opinion has a conflict of interest

OpIv37
07-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Well if you already hate twitter, then I would say your opinion has a conflict of interest

This is exactly why I hate Twitter.

Before a few years ago, players probably said and thought all the stupid things they do now. The difference was that the only people who heard it were the people who happened to be in the room when they said it. In some cases, they'd say it in front of a reporter and it would get out, but even those cases were rare because they were usually smart enough to keep their mouths shut in front of the media.

Now, that filter is gone. Athletes- actually, people in general- think every thought they have needs to be shared with the entire world, and they post it with no internal filter or thoughts about potential ramifications. Athletes, of course, get more scrutiny than the average person because people know who they are. Five years ago- maybe even three years ago- we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Extremebillsfan247
07-26-2011, 11:21 AM
" I am very happy n excited to return to buffalo bills nation tom. Behind coach Gailey we will make a big return to the playoffs"

Please don't make these claims... It's too Whitner for me.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/07/25/c-j-on-football-and-playoffs/If you don't have faith in your Head Coach, he shouldn't be coaching your football team.

justasportsfan
07-26-2011, 11:27 AM
That has nothing to do with the fact that confidence with no basis behind it is arrogance.
Gailey as a HC has taken his team to two playoff births. That can be a basis.

Demon
07-26-2011, 01:53 PM
The Bills will not make the playoffs, and it has nothing to do with what Whitner or Spiller have to say. It's about our lack of talent.