• Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Bills presser tomorrow at 9:15am

Bills Brass will hold a presser at 9:15am tomorrow:

http://twitter.com/#!/JoeB_WGR/status/95618666065952768
    Last edited by X-Era; 07-25-2011, 05:43 PM.

• Raptor
    • Jan 2009

Re: Bills news

Why are they holding a presser?

Forget the presser and get your asses on the phone and start lining up moves

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

The consolidation threads take away from seeing all the different news because then you gotta keep scrolling thru the thread. I have a feeling there will be tons of threads, about UDFAs, UFAs, and our rookie picks signing contracts starting tomorrow. The main board will finally be busy for a change. I can't wait!
      Last edited by Michael82; 07-25-2011, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Michael82
        Oh God...not another one of these combined threads. The consolidation ones take away from seeing all the different news because then you gotta keep scrolling thru the thread. I have a feeling there will be tons of threads, about UDFAs, UFAs, and our rookie picks signing contracts starting tomorrow.
        OK. you win. I'm good either way.

Fixed.
        Last edited by X-Era; 07-25-2011, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• BLeonard
          BoB Sabermetrician
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Raptor
          Why are they holding a presser?

Forget the presser and get your asses on the phone and start lining up moves
          They can start signing draft picks at 10AM... The 9:15 presser is to make sure Buddy is awake when 10AM strikes.

-Bill

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BLeonard
            They can start signing draft picks at 10AM... The 9:15 presser is to make sure Buddy is awake when 10AM strikes.

-Bill
            He better be.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

-Bill
              I can't wait to see how fast and furious the rookies sign their contracts tomorrow. Plus tomorrow is also the beginning of the UDFAs.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Michael82
                I can't wait to see how fast and furious the rookies sign their contracts tomorrow. Plus tomorrow is also the beginning of the UDFAs.
                All hell hasn't broken lose yet but I already feel like it's crazy.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                  • Jan 2010

Re: Bills presser tomorrow at 9:15am

should go hard at LB for udfa

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                    • Sep 2004

Extension for Kelsay!
                    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Blame Canada
                      • Jan 2010

-Bill
                      I'm up at the crack of dawn everyday. Staying up past nine is a challenge.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan
                        Extension for Kelsay!
                        Bite your tongue!

Comment

• malvado78
                          • Mar 2006

Anybody have a link to the presser? Can't find it. bb.com is acting funny for me.

Comment

• methos4ever
                            • Apr 2004

It will be up a little later. Here's the quotes:

Good morning from One Bills Drive, which is nice to say.

The NFL is back in business. The Buffalo Bills are set to update everyone on their plans in just a few minutes. CEO Russ Brandon, General Manager Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey will address the assembled media here in the Bills' media room.

Reports of undrafted rookie free agents are trickling in, including Domonic Cook, the former St. Joe's and UB star. We'll see how many of those we can confirm today.

I'll provide some quotes during the presser, providing my fingers type fast enough. After the press conference, check back here for full audio.

Talk to you in a few minutes ...

9:16 a.m.: Bills' PR staff provided rosters to the media in attendance. Nice. They joked that they'll be good for a few minutes, which is true. Here's a list of the Bills' unrestricted free agents: S Donte Whitner, CB Ashton Youboty, CB Drayton Florence, LB Akin Ayodele, LB Paul Posluszny, LB Keith Ellison, DE John McCargo.

9:18 a.m.: Brandon and Nix are at the podium, Gailey will be coming later.

9:19 a.m.: Team will report to St. John Fisher on Friday, take physicals, have meetings. Start practice Saturday.

9:20 a.m.: On the salary cap, Nix says: "We've said from day one we're never going to be big spenders in free agency."

9:21 a.m.: Nix says team's philosophy remains to draft and develop players, then re-sign them. On not having an exclusive rights window: "I'm really not disappointed." On bringing Posluszny back: "He's a leader for us. He's our kind of guy. He's a tough guy, smart."

9:22 a.m.: Nix said team found out at 6:40 last night that teams could negotiate with undrafted UFAs.

9:24 a.m.: Brandon on the league's revenue sharing plan: "It was important to our organization and many of the small markets throughout the league. ... We voted for it, so we're pleased with it."

9:30 a.m.: Nix on if there's been any change with Whitner's status: "You'd have to ask Donte. There's been no change with me." Translation: don't expect him back.

9:31 a.m.: League year can't begin until CBA is formally ratified, which could be until Aug. 4.

9:32 a.m.: Brandon on ticket sales: "We are not where we were a year ago on new sales. ... We have a lot of inventory to move in a short amount of time."

9:34 a.m.: Can't confirm any signings of UFAs until they are actually under contract.

9:36 a.m.: Gailey now at the podium as well.

9:36 a.m.: Gailey on practice changes in the new CBA, including less padded practices: "I'm really more concerned about right now than I am next spring. That has my full attention right now."

9:38 a.m: Gailey: "It used to be, you were trying to get everybody ready for the first preseason game, now the whole process is geared toward Sept. 11 (the season opener)." On no two-a-day practices: "A lot more walk-thrus than we've ever had before."

9:43 a.m.: Gailey on Eric Wood practicing at center: "We're going to talk to both he and Geoff (Hangartner). I want to talk to them about the plan before I talk to anybody else."

9:44 a.m.: Nix on possibly extending quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick's contract, which expires after this season: "We've thought about him since that's a pretty important position. ... A guy that's producing is a guy we'll spend our money on."

9:49 a.m.: Gailey said he doesn't anticipate regulars playing longer in the preseason. "Have to build them up to Sept. 11. The conditioning is more important right now."

Presser is over, ran 27 minutes. We'll have the audio up shortly.
                            Fitz is meeting with media now.

10:07 a.m.: Fitzpatrick is addressing the media currently. "We've got a lot of work to do. I think everybody knows that."

10:10 a.m.: Fitzpatrick seems very at ease. I liked this quote: "This is my show from the very beginning."

10:12 a.m.: "The guys have been getting back here early in anticipation this thing was going to get done."

10:18 a.m.: Guest appearance from backup quarterback, who had the funniest moment of the press conference: "Fitz are you kidding me? We've got meetings, let's go!"

10:20 a.m.: Fitzpatrick specifically mentions WR Marcus Easley. "The combination of his size and speed is a rarity." Calls him a special talent.

Last edited by methos4ever; 07-26-2011, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Summary ? Anything of significance ?
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍