PDA

View Full Version : POZ Wants to Test Free Market

Mike
07-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Here it is:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

BTW, if he ends up signing elsewhere I hope that all you folks out there that really really wanted to resign him -you know who you are- don't all of the sudden change sides and trash him. Its asinine when fans flip flop, it makes you look like you have an IQ of 25.

Bangarang
07-25-2011, 09:16 PM
He's earned the right to hear what other teams are willing to offer him. I do believe him when he says he wants to come back though.

Mike
07-25-2011, 09:27 PM
he has, and i don't knock anyone for doing their due diligence. its news, and its ironic considering how many on this blog have argued his case.

ServoBillieves
07-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Dude gave me a concussion in high school and lived 6 minutes from me growing up. I'm a PSU fan, and Poz was always one of my favorite players. Hope we get him back.

THATHURMANATOR
07-25-2011, 09:49 PM
But it also says he wants to stay.

I for one hope they keep him. Either way I wish him luck!

Buffalo Thriller
07-25-2011, 10:02 PM
If he signs somewhere else ill be bummed. I love Poz

justasportsfan
07-25-2011, 10:02 PM
But it also says he wants to stay.

I for one hope they keep him. Either way I wish him luck!

if he really wants to stay then he pulls a Moulds and signs here for less.

BertSquirtgum
07-25-2011, 11:27 PM
**** you paul, sign for less. you're definitely worth it.

better days
07-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Here it is:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

BTW, if he ends up signing elsewhere I hope that all you folks out there that really really wanted to resign him -you know who you are- don't all of the sudden change sides and trash him. Its asinine when fans flip flop, it makes you look like you have an IQ of 25.

I think most people that want him to resign with Buffalo, want him to do so at the right price. Therefore if he signs a big contract elseware it may seem like a flip flop to you when fans say things, but it's not really.

Demon
07-26-2011, 12:12 AM
The man doesn't wanna end up being like Aaron Schobel, a career long loser. Can anyone blame him?

Luisito23
07-26-2011, 12:47 AM
But it also says he wants to stay.!

Of course it says that, I mean what else is he supposed to say?..."I hate Buffalo, and I can't wait to leave"

Get real.

Dujek
07-26-2011, 02:53 AM
I hope he stays, but I hope he succeeds wherever he ends up. He gets a lot of undue criticism from some people around here.

Night Train
07-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Let him test and don't overpay. Drayton Florence is far more important than Poz.

jamze132
07-26-2011, 05:34 AM
I am all for keeping Poz but we shouldn't overpay for him.

hydro
07-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Of course it says that, I mean what else is he supposed to say?..."I hate Buffalo, and I can't wait to leave"

Get real.

Or he could have not mentioned anything.

YOU GET REAL!

trapezeus
07-26-2011, 08:31 AM
I'd have liked him for one more year. that would have been ideal.

he runs the risk of finding out that even the bills initial offer is too high. and when he comes back to the bills, the bills could realize they are the only bidder and say, "how about that number minus x?"

i'm more inclined to let him go then get stuck with him for 4 years, because in 2 he'll just be a backup. Which might not be the worst thing for depth.

Jan Reimers
07-26-2011, 08:40 AM
I'd have liked him for one more year. that would have been ideal.

he runs the risk of finding out that even the bills initial offer is too high. and when he comes back to the bills, the bills could realize they are the only bidder and say, "how about that number minus x?"

i'm more inclined to let him go then get stuck with him for 4 years, because in 2 he'll just be a backup. Which might not be the worst thing for depth.
I disagree, trap. I think Poz is a very solid player who will improve as the talent around him gets better. And with the arrival of Dareus and Sheppard, and the anticipated development of Troup and Carrington, I think the talent around him will be better.

Bulldog
07-26-2011, 08:46 AM
I say Poz goes to the Giants. Just a guess. I think they really like him.

OpIv37
07-26-2011, 08:49 AM
I disagree, trap. I think Poz is a very solid player who will improve as the talent around him gets better. And with the arrival of Dareus and Sheppard, and the anticipated development of Troup and Carrington, I think the talent around him will be better.

It's a team game.

EVERY player improves as the talent around him gets better.

Some players need better players around them, and some players make the players around them better.

Poz is the former. We can put someone much cheaper in his position to reap the rewards of having better players around him.

Night Train
07-26-2011, 08:56 AM
it makes you look like you have an IQ of 25.

That we're here posting kind of speaks for itself.

OpIv37
07-26-2011, 08:57 AM
I hope he stays, but I hope he succeeds wherever he ends up. He gets a lot of undue criticism from some people around here.

So, how bad does a player have to be before the criticism is due?

Clearly, as a team, we are not good enough. We were 4-12 last year.

But when it comes to individual players, then everyone should be kept and no one warrants criticism. It's completely illogical.

trapezeus
07-26-2011, 09:00 AM
i can buy that poz will get better. but you are taking a risk right now on a guy who has shown us 3 fairly pedestrian years.

i know he's the leader of tackles, but i'ves seen with my own eyes that he gets pushed backwards by OL and RB's alike. i know that he has tough time in coverage. i'm not sure signing a multi-million, multi-year deal is good simply to maintain depth down the road.

I can't think of a game where i was like, POZ was a game changer.

We do eventually need that LB on this team. Maybe dareus helps make POZ more of a blitzer, but dareus also has not gone through training camp and knows very little of the bills philosphy. it's going to take him some time to get where we all expect him to be (most likely)