PDA

View Full Version : Tebow's Job to lose in Denver

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 07:18 AM
Basically Denver is trying to unload Kyle Orton something fast..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/

Report: Broncos want to trade Orton and do it fast

Night Train
07-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Not mobile. Below average arm.

Pass ( pardon the pun )

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Not mobile. Below average arm.

Pass ( pardon the pun )

Orton?

Night Train
07-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Orton? Yes

His balls would flutter bigtime in the Nov.,Dec. games.

OpIv37
07-26-2011, 07:22 AM
So, let me get this straight....

Chicago gives Denver an arm and a leg to get Cutler to replace Kyle Orton.
Denver then goes and replaces Cutler with... Kyle Orton.

And this didn't work? Gee, who would've thought?

Mr. Pink
07-26-2011, 01:31 PM
LOL who's he gonna lose the job to first round bust Brady Quinn?

tampabay25690
07-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Yes

SO do alot of QB'S???
Not everyone has a cannon of an arm...
Orton has won many of games in this league...
Not saying we r going after him but still a quality QB in the NFL....

Lexwhat
07-26-2011, 02:01 PM
So, let me get this straight....

Chicago gives Denver an arm and a leg to get Cutler to replace Kyle Orton.
Denver then goes and replaces Cutler with... Kyle Orton.

And this didn't work? Gee, who would've thought?

1. Back then, it was a Jay Cutler vs. Josh McDaniels battle. Jay Cutler basically signed his own walking papers, and McDaniels was a control freak. There's no way Cutler and McDaniels would've co-existed -- so at the time, it was the best option to trade away Cutler.

2. The Broncos have a new regime. Elway seems to be calling the shots now. What happened in the past is almost irrelevant.

3. Regardless, Orton played well last season. I'm not sure why Elway won't give Orton another chance. The Broncos have issues on Defense and the running game, not the passing game.

stuckincincy
07-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Yes

The fabled "need a bad weather QB in Buffalo's late-season weather" is, and always has been - a Chimera - an impossible or foolish fantasy.

15 years and counting...late season wins have largely been against teams headed for the playoffs who don't care, or another DOA club.

better days
07-26-2011, 04:08 PM
The fabled "need a bad weather QB in Buffalo's late-season weather" is, and always has been - a Chimera - an impossible or foolish fantasy.

15 years and counting...late season wins have largely been against teams headed for the playoffs who don't care, or another DOA club.

It is not just late season. The Ralph is a very windy stadium, as is the Jets Stadium.

better days
07-26-2011, 04:17 PM
1. Back then, it was a Jay Cutler vs. Josh McDaniels battle. Jay Cutler basically signed his own walking papers, and McDaniels was a control freak. There's no way Cutler and McDaniels would've co-existed -- so at the time, it was the best option to trade away Cutler.

2. The Broncos have a new regime. Elway seems to be calling the shots now. What happened in the past is almost irrelevant.

3. Regardless, Orton played well last season. I'm not sure why Elway won't give Orton another chance. The Broncos have issues on Defense and the running game, not the passing game.

1. Agreed.

2. Agreed.

3. Elway has been a Tebow fan since before he was drafted. I would be surprised if he was not consulted before Tebow was drafted. Orton is a journeyman at best while Tebow may become a STAR. One way or the other, Denver needs to see what they have in Tebow this year. They are either set with Tebow at QB or they need to draft one next year when there will be a very good QB class.