PDA

View Full Version : Pryor considering legal action to force way into NFL

BLeonard
07-26-2011, 02:13 PM
More news out of the Terrelle Pryor camp...

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/story/15351442/pryor-considering-legal-action-to-force-way-into-nfl

At issue, and still to be determined by the NCAA, is whether Pryor was in fact unable to return to Ohio State, or any other school, for any portion of the 2011 season. If his eligibility was entirely lapsed, he likely will be included in a supplemental draft. Until that is determined, however, Pryor does not fit the standard definition for the players who in the past have been granted supplemental entry. To include Pryor in the draft, under the current scenario, would mean altering the rules for him.

Along with four teammates, none of whom has petitioned the NFL for entry into a supplemental draft at this point, Pryor was suspended for the first five games of the 2011 season.

I don't see how he could claim he was "unable" to return to Ohio State, or go to another school, for that matter... If I recall correctly, he left school on his own... he wasn't forced out at all.

Even if he somehow worms his way into the NFL for the 2011 season, I don't see the Bills as a landing spot... Too much surrounding him to be a Bill. He'd be a Raider, a Cowboy, or a Bengal... Not a Bill.

-Bill

jamze132
07-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Is there a rule where a team can't just pick up Joe Schmo off of the street and offer him a chance to make the team?

Seriously? Prior is making all of this noise? Prior? LOL