PDA

View Full Version : The City's Favorite Child...

DrGraves
07-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Has to be the Sabres... well maybe not for everyone but for the first time in my life I am actually more excited for the Sabres season than the Bills.... It's so refreshing to see a team in this town committed to winning!!!!!

The Bills are making me so sick... just doing the bare minimum to get by. Ralph and the FO have no commitment to winning. I'm so glad Terry is here to show this city and the Bills how to get things done!!!!

Go SABS!!!!

SabreEleven
07-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Right the Sabres are but I think if the Bills and Sabres were both doing good at the same time, the city would pick the Bills with a the Sabres a close 2nd.

CuseJetsFan83
07-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Right the Sabres are but I think if the Bills and Sabres were both doing good at the same time, the city would pick the Bills with a the Sabres a close 2nd.

to be honest this will never be decided til one of them wins a title.... first one wins

BlackMetalNinja
07-27-2011, 07:06 AM
As soon as football season really starts, the Bills will resume their position. Sabres are playoff contenders pretty much year in and year out and a ****ty Bills team still gets most of the attention. Just the way it goes.

SkateZilla
07-27-2011, 10:18 AM
i havent been excited or even remotely happy for the bills since the flutie flakes era, after that its been ... goto BillsBackers and bet on which Sunday They'll get the first win, drink beer, eat wings, and watch as the Patriots Fanboys Cry everytime Brady is hit.

The King
07-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Today is Danny Paille day. He should be the city's favorite child.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg737/scaled.php?tn=0&server=737&filename=h21px.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

DrGraves
07-27-2011, 05:59 PM
As soon as football season really starts, the Bills will resume their position. Sabres are playoff contenders pretty much year in and year out and a ****ty Bills team still gets most of the attention. Just the way it goes.

maybe... only until they are 0-3 though.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-28-2011, 07:00 AM
I look at it like this: The Bills are your first child. The only problem is they are always getting into trouble, they do not do very good in school, they do a lot of things that disappoint you. The Sabres are the younger child that has respect, do good in school, and they always do the right thing. You really love the first child because they were the first child. You love the second child but there is always that first child thing.

OpIv37
07-28-2011, 08:59 AM
I look at it like this: The Bills are your first child. The only problem is they are always getting into trouble, they do not do very good in school, they do a lot of things that disappoint you. The Sabres are the younger child that has respect, do good in school, and they always do the right thing. You really love the first child because they were the first child. You love the second child but there is always that first child thing.

This actually makes sense to me. Which, of course, means we're both completely insane.

DrGraves
07-28-2011, 09:22 AM
The last time I felt good about the Bills was 2 seconds before the music city miracle. I've been dead inside ever since.

trapezeus
07-28-2011, 11:55 AM
bills have 16 games, and thanks to their ineptitude, it's always on a sunday.

the sabres have 82 all over the week at different times. it's hard to get to all the games for 6 months and then playoffs.

as a result, we all know every single play from teh bills season. you bond with it a little more.

I love both teams equally when the game is on. when i get to think about it and rationalize, i love the sabres way more right now.

it's like getting the blue pill in the matrix with pegula. "this is what reality of having an owner care about the product is like!"

ralph has stolen a game a season, charged me the same amount, made me suffer through a jauron extension (that is pretty much when i went full-OP mode), talked about bringing in a real legit FO with great coach and ended up with buddy and chan (who i am wiling to see how they do because i have to, but in all honesty, do you think these three years will end any better?) and have me lowering the bar from "let's make the playoffs" to "don't bore the **** out of me during the game."

SkateZilla
07-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Bills are the Older child that stays living at home with the parents and doesnt accomplish anything.

Sabres are the Younger Child that travels and accomplishes Division Titles, Conference Titles, Presidents Trophies, etc...

Demon
07-29-2011, 12:04 AM
No **** they are. The Sabres are contenders and have a bright future, while the Bills don't even seem like a NFL team anymore who may be out of town in several years.

SkateZilla
07-29-2011, 09:22 AM
they got a lil from the T.O. disaster, not stats wise, but he brought some "fans" and revenue from apparel and stuff. not to mention the press / networks follow T.O. so the Bills got more national exposure.

trapezeus
07-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Pegula must be loving this week for the Bills. "Hey, even if our moves totally blow up in our face, the fans will be forgiving knowing that we would never sign 5 fighters before we had a top line assembled. I have a feeling people are going to love me for a while."

SkateZilla
07-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Pegula must be loving this week for the Bills. "Hey, even if our moves totally blow up in our face, the fans will be forgiving knowing that we would never sign 5 fighters before we had a top line assembled. I have a feeling people are going to love me for a while."

which interview was that from?

ddaryl
07-29-2011, 02:11 PM
I can't get overly excited for Hockey till after December. The season is way too long for my tastes and by that time you have a good idea on how far the team could go.

After the allstar break is the stretch I get involved in the Sabres...

I can get real excited for playoff hockey.. but regular season hockey is just way too long for my taste

don't care for baseball or basketball because the season are unbearably long and those sports are boring as all hell to watch.

SabreEleven
07-29-2011, 04:27 PM
I can't get overly excited for Hockey till after December. The season is way too long for my tastes and by that time you have a good idea on how far the team could go.

After the allstar break is the stretch I get involved in the Sabres...

I can get real excited for playoff hockey.. but regular season hockey is just way too long for my taste

don't care for baseball or basketball because the season are unbearably long and those sports are boring as all hell to watch.

You should follow the Kings, Ducks or Coyotes...They are more your speed.

ddaryl
07-30-2011, 12:42 PM
You should follow the Kings, Ducks or Coyotes...They are more your speed.
Now why would you say something like that :down:

So according to you if I don't watch all 80 games I need to follow a different team..

Screw that crap.. I keep an eye on the Sabres, read the press, look at the stats, watch some highlights, catch a game or 2 if they actually make TV out here early in the season.

but NO I find hockey season in general to be way to long and play way too many games to be capable of keeping me glued to a tv and interested early in the season. I can just look at the stats and read the news articles to know exactly what's going on. DOn't have to spend 40 - 50 nights watching game after game to do that... Heck I don't even do that down the stretch, I just get a little more interested at that time and my interest peak is in correlation with how well they played the 1st half of the season and how hot they are down the stretch

If a team doesn't have the name Buffalo associated with it, I don't even follow that sport... So unless the Sabre's move then no I won't be following another ****ing team.

but no I just cannot sit there and watch 50 or so regular season hockey games.. I guess the sport just doesn't excite me that much to the point I feel the need to watch that many regular season games

but I do things similarly with the Bills. I just look more forward ot football regardless of situation in summer and fall. If the Bills look like crap the 1st 1/2 of the season I find myself not watching games, and doing other stuff and just reading the articles and looking at the stats

OpIv37
07-31-2011, 12:36 AM
82 games is a lot, but hockey is such an intense sport.

We complain on here sometimes that games are boring, but by nature, hockey is never really boring. Even when no one is scoring, it is physical and fast-paced.

I can't get enough Sabres hockey. I wish I wasn't so cheap and obsessed with football so I could get the Center Ice package.

JD
07-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Hockey is just better than Football in general.

The action can go nonstop. It's a smaller venue so you feel like you're actually part of the team. With football, there are far too many stoppages in play. I would like the sport a lot more without huddling.. make them go no-huddle :D

GO SABRES